Muslim leader wants elements of sharia in Australia - SMH 08MARCH2010 (2 Viewers)

HSC
Short answer: No

Consider when you walk into a white Australian's house, look at their pantry, possessions, how they speak and what is expected by other family members/friends - completely different to the experience when you walk into an Indian family's house/Arab family's house
an aussie's favourite saying: 'this is my house'.
nothing comes for nothing
you can't merely look into their pantry and take something: you have to ask first. 'I scratch your back, you scratch mine'.

This is the difference between Aussie's and Indians, Arabics, Europeans etc: family is everything to them and they don't expect nothing in return. 'Mi casa, su casa', as opposed to 'this is my bloody house'. In wog families, you don't have to ask for anything, and people don't do things for you with the expectation of getting something in return .

that's the completely different experience, which i'd much rather prefer

HSC
If this whole thread wasn't so racially discriminatory, hurtful and verbally abusive, I might have cracked a smile at how idiotic you guys sound.

Seriously. Most of you are commenting on how this is the 21st century (western society) and as a result, grow up! But then following your comments further, you are doing a complete U-turn and make derogatory comments, sounding completely un-Australian, let alone Westernised. You think, by calling people, bogans, pigs, darkskinned Arabs and askin them to go back to their own country, that you sound 'western', when one correctly stated that the western society attempts to stand up for Universal rights and freedoms.
Grow up.

And then I look at your graduation years and some of you are adults now and I pray that none of you become lawyers, doctors or politicians, because then there won't be any hope for Australia. There is no other way to put it. This thread was posted to comment on the use of Sharia laws in our legal system. With the particular example given: ex-husband deciding whether the wife's husband is allowed to father his child.

In my opinion. No. If the 'new' father is abusive, then do something about the DOCS. Help them support the children. But as to whether a man can (indirectly) decides whether his ex-wife can marry another. No. never. That takes feminism a step back. The article isn't clear as to whether women have similar rights in deciding their husband's spouse, but if they aren't, then that is another reason why this shouldn't be legislated.

And another thing. To those who are 'graciously' [insert sarcasm] deciding whether one member is Australian, while the other is not. The thing is. You have NO RIGHT to do so. If you are a modernistic/westernised person, you will surely harbour enough intelligence that makes it clear that you can't control another. And while some muslim men might control their wives physically, you are similarly controlling another human being emotionally.

Does it make you happy to know that you have succeeded in hurting, embarassing and angering another?

very true points, but to answer your question: no, i don't think they give a damn.

aussie-boy

HSC
an aussie's favourite saying: 'this is my house'.
nothing comes for nothing
you can't merely look into their pantry and take something: you have to ask first. 'I scratch your back, you scratch mine'.

This is the difference between Aussie's and Indians, Arabics, Europeans etc: family is everything to them and they don't expect nothing in return. 'Mi casa, su casa', as opposed to 'this is my bloody house'. In wog families, you don't have to ask for anything, and people don't do things for you with the expectation of getting something in return .

that's the completely different experience, which i'd much rather prefer
What the hell are you talking about lol

I was saying you can make cultural inferences from looking inside people's houses (nothing about touching stuff etc haha)

Im not saying one culture is better, just that Australian culture does exist

Scorch

HSC
Going to re-post this to make the point again:
Can anyone agree with me that cultural superiority or exchange is in no way the issue here but rather secularism, freedom from religion and equality before the law?

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
I say no sharia because then it would create a precedent to add ALL types of law from different religions/ ethnic backgrounds into australian law.

HSC
What the hell are you talking about lol

I was saying you can make cultural inferences from looking inside people's houses (nothing about touching stuff etc haha)

Im not saying one culture is better, just that Australian culture does exist

yes and i'm saying that it's not a welcoming, loving culture....

Bereie

HSC
All the racists in this thread are trolls.

Australian culture = a culture of loving freedom. We don't love or welcome shit Islamic culture.

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
... the president of the Australian Islamic Mission, Zachariah Matthews, said...
hmm, is it me or are muslims adopting christian names to that Australian's can help them...? $10 his real name is ali musta*phlegm* fhasein

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I say no sharia because then it would create a precedent to add ALL types of law from different religions/ ethnic backgrounds into australian law.
yeah this is the main thing. Why not add chinese law where the government abducts you and kills you if you say something bad about them too?

Scorch

HSC
ask yourself do you think it is good when you see pregnant 13 year olds walking around and girls at the beach looking like whores? this does not happen in an islamic country.
No of course not; they'd be subject to honor killings instead. Problem fixed.

Durga

HSC
because china is a oppressive of muslims. why would zachariah matthews want to bring in chinese law? idiot. islamic law passed from allah to muhammad (pbuh) is the only true law.

ask yourself do you think it is good when you see pregnant 13 year olds walking around and girls at the beach looking like whores? this does not happen in an islamic country.
Ask yourself how many oppressive ignorant chauvinistic sexist sadists you see in a Muslim country in relation to a Western society. While your engaged in your self evaluation, ask yourself how many women in Muslim countries you see that are generally happy (i.e. not happy because a man has come along and told them to be).

I'm sure the answer probably won't surprise you, and you will continue with your relentless 'truth' spreading.

Durga

HSC
sisters are happy in a good muslim marriage
Being beaten into 'happiness' isn't real happiness. Although Allah told you it was, so you're going to have a hard time accepting that.

bulletproof_dav

HSC
i completely disagree with the islam in australian law
havent you noticed that all the socieities implememting sharia law in the miserable state that they are in. look at all the countries with great heritage. they were great until islam came with swords, slaughtered whoever refused to convert and took thier women.
hasnt changed till now, jihad is still happening. it is islam's fight againt the "infidelels" which is anyone other than muslim.

saudi arabia has some oil, give it a few years when the oil is finished, and they will be back on thier camels fighting infidels and raping women.

today we implement an element, tomorrow we are forced to pay for our lives or convert to islam.

whoever wants sharia law, apply it to urself and urself alone.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)