• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

Simpson Freak

HSC
soha said:
i am so over these islamic threads
yaaaay
yes totally, i mean it started with a few valid questions, and yet some people would ignore the answers and ask a bunch of faulty questions to make Islam look bad. At the end of the day its clear that it can not be any worse than the other monotheic religions.

a quick example....well one guy said Islamic countries forces its beliefs on others, and yet all countries pretty much forces the beliefs of the countries on the people in it. Ofcourse when i said that, I was accused of attacking Australia....rather nice perspective ...completely left field....very creative that person should be a journalist.

OKAY AND AT THIS POINT NOT THAT BRIGHT WOULD QUOTE ME AND THEN POST HIMSELF LAUGHING, INGENIOUS

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Simpson Freak said:
yes totally, i mean it started with a few valid questions, and yet some people would ignore the answers and ask a bunch of faulty questions to make Islam look bad. At the end of the day its clear that it can not be any worse than the other monotheic religions.

a quick example....well one guy said Islamic countries forces its beliefs on others, and yet all countries pretty much forces the beliefs of the countries on the people in it. Ofcourse when i said that, I was accused of attacking Australia....rather nice perspective ...completely left field....very creative that person should be a journalist.

OKAY AND AT THIS POINT NOT THAT BRIGHT WOULD QUOTE ME AND THEN POST HIMSELF LAUGHING, INGENIOUS
Australia does it far less than most Islamic countries. Why? Because Australia is a (fairly) liberal democracy, and most Islamic countries are bordering on FASCISM. Find me some examples of areas where Australia forces their beliefs on the populace moreso than a typical Islamic country would do, and I'll concede you have a point. Until then your argument is about as valid as looking at a mountain and a molehill and saying they're the same thing.

Also would you stop pretending this is about Islam vs other religions? I really don't give a shit what other religions are like compared to Islam, we are comparing a secular viewpoint to an Islamic one.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
withoutaface said:
Australia does it far less than most Islamic countries. Why? Because Australia is a (fairly) liberal democracy, and most Islamic countries are bordering on FASCISM. Find me some examples of areas where Australia forces their beliefs on the populace moreso than a typical Islamic country would do, and I'll concede you have a point. Until then your argument is about as valid as looking at a mountain and a molehill and saying they're the same thing.

Also would you stop pretending this is about Islam vs other religions? I really don't give a shit what other religions are like compared to Islam, we are comparing a secular viewpoint to an Islamic one.
omg this guy is a terrorist, im so calling tat spy network i dont know. meh btw wats wrong with looking at mountains

Simpson Freak

HSC
withoutaface said:

That doesnt seem to be the point of this thread, after all its titled "Muslim People In Australia", what does it matter what Islamic countries do, I think it has been proven that they are rarely enforcing the fundamentals of faith, and most of the time they are corrupted to suit the ones in power.

I NEVER SAID I AGREED WITH THOSE STATES, but why should the actions of a country allegedly calling itself "islamic" be used to judge the actions of "muslims in australia".

I am not pretending this is about Islam vs other religions, i refer to other religions because we do not see threads such as "christians in australia".

I would not blame anyone for starting the thread, but why do others want to continue it. I mean there are a lot of close minded muslims out there that don't care for what their religion teaches but more about what some blood thirsty hack wants them to do. So yes, i guess people would have concerns about having people of some mysterious faith, normally symbolised as terrorists on tv.

I mean this thread was winding up anyway, i mean we were talking about singapore and bubble gum, and then singapore and certain wanton acts of carnality. And yet someone felt the need to bring islam's view into it, what the hell would Islam's view on such things got to do with Islam vs secular viewpoint.

...or are we supposed to think muslims as terrorists because they are against fornication? because that goes against the wise old secular view point.

HSC
Simpson Freak said:
That doesnt seem to be the point of this thread, after all its titled "Muslim People In Australia", what does it matter what Islamic countries do, I think it has been proven that they are rarely enforcing the fundamentals of faith, and most of the time they are corrupted to suit the ones in power.
It's the natural evolution of a thread.

Simpson Freak said:
I NEVER SAID I AGREED WITH THOSE STATES, but why should the actions of a country allegedly calling itself "islamic" be used to judge the actions of "muslims in australia".
Completely off topic.

Simpson Freak said:
I am not pretending this is about Islam vs other religions, i refer to other religions because we do not see threads such as "christians in australia".
Make one.

Simpson Freak said:
I would not blame anyone for starting the thread, but why do others want to continue it. I mean there are a lot of close minded muslims out there that don't care for what their religion teaches but more about what some blood thirsty hack wants them to do. So yes, i guess people would have concerns about having people of some mysterious faith, normally symbolised as terrorists on tv.
All muslims I've talked to are close-minded.

Simpson Freak said:
I mean this thread was winding up anyway, i mean we were talking about singapore and bubble gum, and then singapore and certain wanton acts of carnality. And yet someone felt the need to bring islam's view into it, what the hell would Islam's view on such things got to do with Islam vs secular viewpoint.
Again, it's the natural evolution of a thread. Eventually it winds back to the original topic.

Simpson Freak said:
...or are we supposed to think muslims as terrorists because they are against fornication? because that goes against the wise old secular view point.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
O looky here, i guess i misjudged you, you were asking a question and to my surprise expecting an answer. I am sure u remain completely objective and i should not judge you for your post history of utter crap, i guess you are a changed man.

NB: your repeated comebacks of quoting me and then saying you laugh is not doing much to increase your credibility on this thread. I mean when you can think of a proper rebuttle contact me and we can talk it over like big boys, but right now you just have your proverbial bottle, and try to laugh your way out of your little trap.
I have debated with you before and rebutted your raving rants quite easily. You do not properly rebut me... at all... ever. You just insult me, as a few muslims have in different threads when I engage in argument with them.

As I've explained 1,000,000,000,000 times.. as there is no real good definition of what islam is (no there's not) we have to judge islam on the basis of what its leaders, followers, governments currently do in the contemporary world.

Islamic countries are particularily harsh when it comes to enforcing their beliefs on others. Australia et al. are fairly liberal democracies... we allow you to practice your religion, we allow you to say you hate the leadership, we allow you to debate...

I think I must be quite effective at what I do.

It's how we judge the religion... we have diverged slightly from muslims just in australia to all muslims. However this is still on-topic as the discourse surrounding all muslims surely affects australian muslims.

You haven't seen people attacking hillsong? Attacking the christian church? Attacking mormons? O RLY?

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
"I have debated with you before and rebutted your raving rants quite easily. You do not properly rebut me... at all... ever. You just insult me, as a few muslims have in different threads when I engage in argument with them."

Is that how you rebutt? LOL Just saying that u have rebutted ur rants quite easily doesnt make it true...

"we allow you to practice your religion, we allow you to say you hate the leadership, we allow you to debate..." WAT just because you use rhetoric doesn't mean it makes sense. "allow"..no no u seem misguided. It is one of our rights and liberties as a human.

" think I must be quite effective at what I do." What living like a d***head and posting senless and idiotic replies 24/7, well yeah you lead the world in that.

"You haven't seen people attacking hillsong? Attacking the christian church? Attacking mormons? O RLY?" Now that doesn';t make sense

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Is that how you rebutt? LOL Just saying that u have rebutted ur rants quite easily doesnt make it true...
Go back and read my debates against him... I rebut, try to be sensible... he just keeps insulting me and carrying on as he does. You judge for yourself.

WAT just because you use rhetoric doesn't mean it makes sense. "allow"..no no u seem misguided. It is one of our rights and liberties as a human.
You only have that right 'as a human' because the establishment chooses to give you that right. If they do not (as is the case in, for example - Iran) then you do not have the right.

What living like a d***head and posting senless and idiotic replies 24/7, well yeah you lead the world in that.
Faggot.

Now that doesn';t make sense
Because you're a moron.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
garbagedump said:
"I have debated with you before and rebutted your raving rants quite easily. You do not properly rebut me... at all... ever. You just insult me, as a few muslims have in different threads when I engage in argument with them."

"we allow you to practice your religion, we allow you to say you hate the leadership, we allow you to debate..." WAT just because you use rhetoric doesn't mean it makes sense. "allow"..no no u seem misguided. It is one of our rights and liberties as a human.

" think I must be quite effective at what I do." What living like a d***head and posting senless and idiotic replies 24/7, well yeah you lead the world in that.

"You haven't seen people attacking hillsong? Attacking the christian church? Attacking mormons? O RLY?" Now that doesn';t make sense
Is your username a metaphor for your mind?

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
"Go back and read my debates against him... I rebut, try to be sensible... he just keeps insulting me and carrying on as he does. You judge for yourself."

Seriously you can't debate for shit. Your posts lack wit, thinking, and sense but i wouldn't expect anything more from you NOT=THAT-Bright.

"You only have that right 'as a human' because the establishment chooses to give you that right. If they do not (as is the case in, for example - Iran) then you do not have the right."
You seem to be against middle-eastern countries.

"Faggot." Yep...exactly how you replied in every other post you made. Woow you must be realli stupid not being able to post porperly.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The lack of a face does not preclude me from having a brain (see the scene in FACE/OFF where Cage's character first wakes up to find his face has been removed).

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
garbagedump said:
Seriously you can't debate for shit. Your posts lack wit, thinking, and sense but i wouldn't expect anything more from you NOT=THAT-Bright.
Go through his posts then and point out where his logic is flawed.
You seem to be against middle-eastern countries.
No shit, Sherlock. He's also stated why: because they deny freedoms.

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
"Go through his posts then and point out where his logic is flawed."
Naaa..i don't want to waste time..it's seems obvious to everyone except u where he lacks logic

"No shit, Sherlock. He's also stated why: because they deny freedoms." A bigoted comment based on misguided terroists. As for freedoms, most middle eastern coutnries do have a set of rights and they do not deny freedom. They do have more restrictive bounds, however they are based on religious reasons, unlike aussies who sem to have no values, or ideals. :p

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Freedom is an ideal in itself, and the most important one, imo.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Naaa..i don't want to waste time..it's seems obvious to everyone except u where he lacks logic
:rolleyes:

As for freedoms, most middle eastern coutnries do have a set of rights and they do not deny freedom.
He said 'freedoms' not freedom... clearly a difference.

They do have more restrictive bounds, however they are based on religious reasons, unlike aussies who sem to have no values, or ideals
Oh yes religious law based on the interpretations of a religious text by a bunch of theocrats is so much better than democratically elected leadership that (Somewhat) do the will of the people. We have values, we have ideals - they simply change over time.

On a side note:
I've reported garbage dump's posts, trolling and flaming... I recommend others also do this.

Simpson Freak

HSC
"Go through his posts then and point out where his logic is flawed."

Why are you even asking him to when i do it every now and again, must we be a slave forced to go over every one of his posts and then quote them and then tell the posters why his posts are flawed and false?

" have debated with you before and rebutted your raving rants quite easily. You do not properly rebut me... at all... ever. You just insult me, as a few muslims have in different threads when I engage in argument with them."

What more can i say except that you are wrong, you don't rebutt me, you just see a lot of typing and call it a rant. Then you try to seem above it by posting a laugh and suddenly you consider it a worthy rebuttle. When you give me nothing, except a faulty statement, all i can do is say that it is crap, if you give me a history of crap responses i say that you have a history of crap responses. You used to make some sense earlier on, eventually you just seemed to disagree with me in principal, even when i agreed with you, you managed to find something i say and make it seem wrong by calling it wrong.

"Go back and read my debates against him... I rebut, try to be sensible... he just keeps insulting me and carrying on as he does. You judge for yourself."

No i do not insult you, but when something is senseless i can only call it that, all you do is play devil's advocate, what ever we say, for no reason what so ever you senselessly quote it and then say that its wrong, and sometimes you may make a false analogy or example, which is not related in actuality, and when notified of that fact, you may go quiet for a while or just laugh. And an insult of calling it "crap" or "stupid" is the only apt reaction.

"No shit, Sherlock. He's also stated why: because they deny freedoms."

again, exactly what type of freedoms do they deny? and if they do, who says that its right? The reason that a "muslim country" would deny freedoms would be the same as why "North Korea" would deny freedoms or why a corrupt african state would deny freedoms.

Not that bright mentioned IRAN, whatever views you have about their so called "religious state" i will most probably agree with you. However you still seem to deny the fact that their actions and policies are unislamic.....its unislamic to want all jews dead and crap like that....

"You haven't seen people attacking hillsong? Attacking the christian church? Attacking mormons? O RLY?"
when i said "attacking islam" i meant it in the context of people almost being afraid to live in a suburb with a muslim neighbour.....sure the mormons and christians and whatever get criticized as do all institutions, however it seems like this particular thread and others like it start with a general belief that it would be a bad thing to have a muslim in your neighbourhood.

"As I've explained 1,000,000,000,000 times.. as there is no real good definition of what islam is (no there's not) we have to judge islam on the basis of what its leaders, followers, governments currently do in the contemporary world."

well if that aint obvious, there are violent jews and non-violent ones, there are violent aethiests and non-violent ones. Why are you comparing Sufism with radicalism... i know many Muslims that make light of the terrorists or radicals since they are so stupid into thinking they are doing something good. There could be one definition or 10, however people will continue to interpret it differently.

also, what part of "there is no compulsion in religion" do you not understand, its in the Koran, and if a muslim chooses to ignore it, and then force another to become muslim or threaten to hurt him, i dont know why he would consider himself a muslim.

Simpson Freak

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
:rolleyes:
He said 'freedoms' not freedom... clearly a difference.
Seeee, that is an example of a post that is meant to sound profound and all, and yet lacks substance.

Would you mind elaborating, or is picking up on plurals and singularities your new tactic of "rebutting", heck i would be surprised if you mooned for rebuttle.

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
Democratically elected leadership, YES of course!!...or more like it where certain parts of the communities' religious values are shunned by the majority...that is no democracy my friend! Even though the community that "democratically" elected the government, their actions contradict the values and freedoms that are implemented by the government. e.g race riots in bondi...
Yes ideals and values change of course...bigotry, racism are NOT values.

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
"The lack of face....doens not preclude me from having a brain" The face is a metahpor for your poor and inadequate braiN.
"fACE Off"...HMM.. You do realise this is fiction don't you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)