• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
soha said:
today is my 3rd day wearing hejab
and i want to say i feel wonderful
beautiful and free
i love it
i hate myself for not wearing it anysooner
and to any muslim sister who doesnt wear it inshallah Allah gives you strength and guidance and when you do wear it you will never want to take it off
its the best thing i have ever done and you will never understand it until you do it
i seriously wish i had done it 5 years ago
but alhamdulilah better now then never
that is all :)
good for you soha, but noone cares

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
SashatheMan said:
good for you soha, but noone cares
well i dont care if you dont care but im sure otehrs care
this is a "muslims in australia" thread
and as a muslim in australia i am allowed to express myself
and for the past 3 days i have felt what its really like to be a muslim in australia
and its been great

hYperTrOphY

HSC
I really don't understand the purpose of wearing it. From memory, it is to prevent people lusting over the women - is this correct?

Why don't men have to wear one?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
soha , why dont you wear a birka that completely covers your face, and only leaves pin holes to see? Wouldnt that bring you closer to what allah wants.? your doing the right thing covering up, but there are many sex perverts who will rape from just seeing a face, my suggestion would solve that.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
hYperTrOphY said:
I really don't understand the purpose of wearing it. From memory, it is to prevent people lusting over the women - is this correct?

men are one degree above the women. and they like to be comfortable

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
what do you do with your gold and jewels
diamonds rubys and money?
your most vaulable posessions..your keycards and passwords pin numbers and credit cards..all your wealth?

you put it away keep it safe and hidden..keep it covered ...no one sees it and touches it except you
its private and no one has the right to have it but you

well in islam women are MORE precious then all your posessions and money and gold..in islam we are more vaulable women in islam do not belong to anyone ..we are a more valuable and treasured creation of Allah swt ..so we cover up..we keep safe and hidden ...we protect ourselves from other people
we also preserve our beauty
our inner beauty..so we are not judged by our physical appearance..we are equal ...we also believe in modesty and self respect..our bodys belong to us and we have the right to keep it to ourselves
i am not a piece of meat for some gronk to eye out...

we also do as Allah commands because Allah knows best...after all we are his creation...

and men do have their own hejab
they have to also dress modestly and they have a head piece and beards..they have traditional clothing and traditional headpieces
some choose to apply it and some dont
just like hejab
hejab is also our identity

Last edited:

Scanorama

HSC
hYperTrOphY said:

*shrugs* perhaps if you are homosexual, you will be stoned to death?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
soha said:
your most vaulable posessions..your keycards and passwords pin numbers and credit cards..all your wealth?

you put it away keep it safe and hidden..keep it covered ...no one sees it and touches it except you

well in islam women are MORE precious then all your posessions and money and gold..in islam we are more vaulable women in islam do not belong to anyone ..we are a more valuable and treasured creation of Allah swt ..so we cover up..we keep safe and hidden ...we protect ourselves from other people
our inner beauty..so we are not judged by our physical appearance..we are equal ...we also believe in modesty and self respect..our bodys belong to us and we have the right to keep it to ourselves

we also do as Allah commands because Allah knows best...after all we are his creation...

they have to also dress modestly and they have a head piece and beards..they have traditional clothing and traditional headpieces
just like hejab

So if yuo cover up even more , like i suggested, doesnt it make u more valuable then jewels and gold?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
SashatheMan said:
So if yuo cover up even more , like i suggested, doesnt it make u more valuable then jewels and gold?
no we are already more valuable then all that materialistic bullshit
so hejab is enough

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
soha said:

just like hejab
Yeah but if ur not a "peice of meat for a gronk" wat do u say to all the muslim women out there who (are proud 2 call themselves muslim) but choose not 2 wear the hijab??

Kulazzi

HSC
hYperTrOphY said:

yes and also to guard our modesty. Same goes for men, like the skull-cap in the Jewish religion (sorry, I forgot what it was called), the men wear something similar to that and as Soha mentioned, some men choose not to wear it, like some girls who choose not to wear the Hijab.

Normally, during prayer, the men tend to wear this. Like the Sheikhs who have the big ones on their head, some men wear that also.

Kulazzi

HSC
shady_03 said:
Yeah but if ur not a "peice of meat for a gronk" wat do u say to all the muslim women out there who (are proud 2 call themselves muslim) but choose not 2 wear the hijab??
it is personally up to them. If they choose to wear it and express their identity then they can, however some girls don't wear it because it makes themselves an easier "target" for discriminaion. Some girls don't even feel comfortable wearing it. We don't say anything, well at least I don't.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Yeah pretty much the main reason women wear it is so that a man doesn't lust over them - you are only really permitted 2 show urself to either ur husband or the man u are goin to marry. Also temptation plays a large part - for example that y the women sit at the back of the mosque - so that the men dont see them therefore eliminating the lust or attraction they mite have for a chik.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Kulazzi said:
it is personally up to them. If they choose to wear it and express their identity then they can, however some girls don't wear it because it makes themselves an easier "target" for discriminaion. Some girls don't even feel comfortable wearing it. We don't say anything, well at least I don't.
yeah, my point was that it doesnt make them less muslim, they mite still practice the religious beelifs and stuff (praying, rammadan etc) but i dont think that not wearing the hijab means they are less religious. But yeah, i heard that u shouldnt ask a chik y shes not wearing it (coz its heaps offensive)

Kulazzi

HSC
shady_03 said:
Yeah pretty much the main reason women wear it is so that a man doesn't lust over them - you are only really permitted 2 show urself to either ur husband or the man u are goin to marry. Also temptation plays a large part - for example that y the women sit at the back of the mosque - so that the men dont see them therefore eliminating the lust or attraction they mite have for a chik.
you can also show your hair to your father, grandfather, brother, those who are also blood-related. And of course, as you mentioned, the guy you're about to marry.

Exactly on temptation. When we pray, there are certain positions, one where we lean down, with our hands touching our knees and our legs straight. So the guys don't try and have a look at the girls' backside while this is happening ;) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)