• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Generator said:
THotshot, there's no need for the capitalised text.
yeah i stopeed, then the shift gets stuck, and i was trying to to come off it wouldnt and so i tried some weird keyboard hacking -it didnt work.

Zayd

HSC
HotShot said:
but that is a division, there are gay men and lesbos u k now?
I was watchig an Indian movie once.......and this guy fell in love with this girl........and one day they met at the temple...which is meant to be a place of worship.........it was funny to see the guy forget about his obligatory prayers and the fact that he was standing directly infront of the statue (which, as far as i know, is the God)......but wasn't thinking of it, let alone worshipping it.......rather he was caught up checking out the girl

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Zayd said:
I was watchig an Indian movie once.......and this guy fell in love with this girl........and one day they met at the temple...which is meant to be a place of worship.........it was funny to see the guy forget about his obligatory prayers and the fact that he was standing directly infront of the statue (which, as far as i know, is the God)......but wasn't thinking of it, let alone worshipping it.......rather he was caught up checking out the girl
and ur point? its only natural to check out stuff. l

davin

HSC
N/A
i think the general issue is that while not all muslims are terrorists....a majority of the terrorists are muslim

Generator

HSC
N/A
davin said:
i think the general issue is that while not all muslims are terrorists....a majority of the terrorists are muslim
A majority of those terrorists known to the public consider themselves to be Muslims would be closer to the truth.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
hmm I think the problem with that statement is that it kinda begs the question because it rests on the definition of 'terrorist' which most people would these days associate with a muslim.

davin

HSC
N/A
Generator said:
A majority of those terrorists known to the public consider themselves to be Muslims would be closer to the truth.
true.....also probably adding in that the religious is used as part of the justification for why they do what they do.

Zayd

HSC
davin said:
true.....also probably adding in that the religious is used as part of the justification for why they do what they do.
using the religion as a cover up, you might add.......one might also add that these terrorists are contradicting themselves, by associating Islam with there acts...........considering the religion condemns such barbaric actions

I guess its people who judge Islam with what it says rather than the muslims......who can identify and see the contradiction (not people like NTB)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Islam (as with all others religions) is, for better or worse, nothing more than the sum of it's adherents and the way in which they interprete and practice the teachings of your prophet. Please, don't confuse the religion as a whole with the religious teachings, because there is a bit of a difference.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Zayd said:
using the religion as a cover up, you might add.......one might also add that these terrorists are contradicting themselves, by associating Islam with there acts...........considering the religion condemns such barbaric actions

I guess its people who judge Islam with what it says rather than the muslims......who can identify and see the contradiction (not people like NTB)
but wouldnt protesting violently also go against your religion. Or the imams that incourage violence by issueing fatwas to kill anyone they dont like.If you add up all these people, theres not alot who actually follow it right.

davin

HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
but wouldnt protesting violently also go against your religion. Or the imams that incourage violence by issueing fatwas to kill anyone they dont like.If you add up all these people, theres not alot who actually follow it right.
to be fair, its very hard to find anyone that really follows what they claim they follow....not just in a religious sense, either

HotShot

-_-
HSC
davin said:
to be fair, its very hard to find anyone that really follows what they claim they follow....not just in a religious sense, either
yes, i find that to be very true.

i dont know maybe its the jews fault - lol. from now the jews will be forgotten (cos i gettin bored, gonna pick on someone else)

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
HotShot said:
but that is a division, there are gay men and lesbos u k now?
heh, you seen a gay/lesbian muslim? i dont think they would have stayed muslim if they did decide to change, and so problem of having gay/lesbians standing next to you is somewhat solved.

im not sure 100% about the punishment of a muslim that has become a homosexual, but i do know that it is severe if they admit to it.

davin

HSC
N/A
i've read articles about gays in arab communities in the western world....its still very much hidden

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
veterandoggy said:
heh, you seen a gay/lesbian muslim? i dont think they would have stayed muslim if they did decide to change, and so problem of having gay/lesbians standing next to you is somewhat solved.

im not sure 100% about the punishment of a muslim that has become a homosexual, but i do know that it is severe if they admit to it.
much like olden day christianity, where they most of the population were christian, and those who werent were stoned to death, and those who were homosexual were probably far too afraid to even consider being active about it.

I dont think it is a "change", necessarily. Moreso about how they become aware of their sexuality when puberty hits, rather than just going "oh i like boys now". I doubt that it is a conscious decision to be homosexual and therefore against their religion... to consciously say consciously "oh now that im homosexual, i cannot be with this religion".

I know a gay guy even today, who is a Christian, who still regards themselves as deeply religious, and consciously tries to control his sexuality by trying hard to be attracted to people of the opposite sex. ie he's supressing his true sexuality.

It can be done.

tempco

HSC
veterandoggy said:
There are gay/lesbian Muslims. Ask any Muslim community worker/psychologist/etc who works with the community.

veterandoggy said:
As far as I know, the Islamic punishment for homosexuality is based on the act of sex (just as in heterosexual fornication and adultery). For an unmarried person, it's approximately 50 lashes for the first time, and the punishment becomes harsher for repeated offences, and stoning to death for those who are married. Oh, and as with any other Islamic law-based ruling, the sentence must be handed down by an Islamic court.

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
today is my 3rd day wearing hejab
and i want to say i feel wonderful
beautiful and free
i love it
i hate myself for not wearing it anysooner
and to any muslim sister who doesnt wear it inshallah Allah gives you strength and guidance and when you do wear it you will never want to take it off
its the best thing i have ever done and you will never understand it until you do it
i seriously wish i had done it 5 years ago
but alhamdulilah better now then never
that is all :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)