My boyfriend thinks I'm fat (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
I'm plenty fat, but my asian boyfriend never says anything.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If shes having such a problem with it, dump him, or tell him it hurts her.

I dont know what ever happened to talking to your partner these days.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
ujuphleg said:
ok, i hate to say it, but the chinese are quite possibly the most insensitive of races when it comes to weight. They will always say that someone is fat, even if they aren't. They'll make comments like "wah!? So fat huh?!" and they'll say that to people who aren't fat, like you said, your only a 10-12 and trust me YOU ARE NOT FAT!!

I wouldn't worry about it. And if your boyfriend keeps up the comments, tell him to shove it where it fits.

I gotta agree with that about the Chinese.. they've always had ideal body shapes that are pretty much impossible (then again so do Westerners..) - and they tend to be pretty blunt.

I say eat more and be happy with your plumpness *pats tummy* If he says you're fat say 'Yep!' :D and if he whinges tell him you're drowning your sorrows in chocolate. That'll get him.

Skeeta

HSC
yeah thats rude on your boyfriend and his family's behalf

talk to him about it thats all i can say really

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
anti said:
I say eat more and be happy with your plumpness *pats tummy* If he says you're fat say 'Yep!' :D and if he whinges tell him you're drowning your sorrows in chocolate. That'll get him.
Haha, or "more padding for a pushin'"

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
i empathise with the chinese thing. my mum got sucked into the hong kong dieting cult thing, and lost so much weight it was scary. then she told me i was fat. it may show up more cos i'm very short, but hey, i fit like size 8 and XS (and XXS at supre :p) when it comes to clothing. walking around hong kong, you realise that there are no ppl above a size 8, probably cos the ones that are are hiding away. it's really bad.

i once got told by an asian guy that i have big boobs for an asian and i'm a 10A/10B

to reiterate what everyone else has said, tell him how much it hurts, and if he and his rellies don't listen, then ditch the bastard.

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you By now you should've somehow, realized what you gotta do I don't believe that anybody, feels the way ... I do about you now

bubble_tea

im_anonymous said:
he's recently toned up the comments a notch...so ive gained a few kilos over the HSC, but who doesnt? why isnt he more supportive about that instead of how big my arse looks in jeans?

im italian but he comes from an asian family who have a small frame.. and they comment about my weight too, he even agrees with them infront of me. im not even sure if theyre kidding. italian women cant help being more curvey dagnabit..

edit: those who have gone out with someone who is not stereotypically smaller/bigger than you, did your confidence wear out over time?
Slap him.

he has no right to comment on your physique while you're going through this hsc trauma. he's just another one of those guys who aren't serious with relationships and are just out there for a bit of fun.

Binky

ok i've had another think about what you said...

no girl should be made to feel second best. you don't get into a relationship and treat them like fucking dirt..
sorry i'm just sort of not in a good mood
but yeah, that's wrong what he's doing.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
mic said:
i once got told by an asian guy that i have big boobs for an asian and i'm a 10A/10B
i get told that i have big everything :|

dad: "your waist is nearly as thick as mine!" (thanks, daddy)
friend: "i want your boobs" (not sure how they'd look on someone who has to buy children's clothes)
cousin: "look at the size of your arms! they're like tree trunks!"
aunty: "you look like you're pregnant" (yup, it's about to pop out any day now :rolleyes: )

meh, asians.

rayeman

HSC
damn girl, by the sounds of that, your boyfriend isn't a very nice guy. or at least he doesn't know whats a compliment. but then again, coming from a chinese family, i get insulted quite alot, i don't see it as insults anymore, but rather just an ordinary comment.

but if he keeps up the insults more than he tells you he loves you or thinks you're beautiful, then you have a another thing to think about

rayeman

HSC
no. I didn't mean it in that way. If he plainly says "you're fat" thats pretty bad. It would be best that the guy "loves me for who i am and not what i am", but the ideal does not always occur.

It's about how he makes you feel, if all he does is make you feel shit because he insults you, then even compliments won't help. But if he can tease you with comments, and at the same time says things to make you feel motivated to do something about it.

sub

Not-That-Bright said:
So as long as for every insult he says 'btw ur beautiful' he gets away with it?
cool.
hahaha, when u put it like that she seems shallow, or fully head over heels for this bloke...which would seem stupid cos he sounds like a total jackass...

sry if whoever started this doesn;t agree but reading the recent posts thats how he's become...chinese whispers sort of thing...

ditch the bastard...

Jezzabelle

If your fine, and happy with who you are, and he has a problem and wants you to change and so does his family. then uuuuhhhh maybe he's the one with the bigger problem and he needs to change. honestly, if he's so superficial and mummy's boy i say dump him and let him be with the stick he desires...he's not worth it babe

~SeXcSuM~

HSC
if ur bf loves u...it shouldnt matter to him wat u look like or how big u are...and he definately shouldnt be telling u ur fat regardless of wether u are or not...
wat a poo bum

sub

~SeXcSuM~ said:
wat a poo bum
wow, i love these threds with weird payouts... there so entertaining... but yeahm if he doesnt like u for who u r, maybe u should move on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)