My car, what does everyone think? (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
You're the idiot, my dad has an SL/R 5000 which is insured for $35,000 more than he bought it for.
Think about XB, XA, XY, XW Falcons (particularly the GT's), LC, LJ, LH, LX Toranas... i know plenty of people who have made money on their projects.
They probablly owned it for a while and it increased in value though? Appreciation of value for classics is different.

If you do the work yourself in a restoration, then sure you might get the dollar value back, or more, but that's because you've put in your labour value, and your time labour is no different to hard currency.

If it were possible to buy a wrecked classic, pay someone else to do it up, and sell it for a ten grand profit, everyone would do it.

Jake22

HSC
They probablly owned it for a while and it increased in value though? Appreciation of value for classics is different.

If you do the work yourself in a restoration, then sure you might get the dollar value back, or more, but that's because you've put in your labour value, and your time labour is no different to hard currency.

If it were possible to buy a wrecked classic, pay someone else to do it up, and sell it for a ten grand profit, everyone would do it.
Well you did say "never make money on any classic car project" :p
Say you buy a wrecked XA GT coupe for $20,000.... pay someone $40,000 to do it up, you could sell it for $70,000.
So yes, you can.

lol sorry im just being annoying.

PhantomEureka... you beat commodores in looks, but they beat you in comfort, back seats, bootspace, power, air con lol (im guessing), ease of access, etc...

hahaha, but yer its cool :p

Phantomeureka

HSC
Well seeing as a commodore is nothing but a family car, i would expect it to beat me in comfort :p Also i've found out that some eureka's came from the factory with 12A rotary motors, that means its legal to drive on my P's.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Aren't all non-turbo rotaries P's legal?

I remember the 350z is singled out as a non-turbo banned p's car, but I was sure the RX-8 wasn't on the list.

Phantomeureka

HSC
Engine swaps arent legal for P platers unless that engine came with your car(or was a better option), a car is allowed to be modified by a p plater to the extent that it does not require a engineers cert for the motor. 12A conversion needs a engineers cert but that engine came as a better option for the car so it is legal. I wouldnt mind a 12A bridgeport worked to 170rwhp in there.

Jake22

HSC
i thought p-platers werent allowed performance modifications to the engine at all
of course some things a coppa wouldnt be able to tell if he pulled you over.

??

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Definitely needs a litre bike engine.

Edit: Btw, friend bought a VG30DETT for $2000.

Phantomeureka

HSC
The car has engine size restrictions.

Non Turbo: 2400cc

Turbo: 2000cc

Also fitting anything bigger than a four cylinder would require body modifications.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Still the most unique car on the forum... not sure why everyone is digging into you for it. A kit car is something I can only dream of because I have neither the time/patience nor the need for one. The only kit cars I know of are my boss' Caterhams... and it's just not practical for anything other than track use.

Either way, the car you got looks both unique and decent. Don't worry that much about performance- just make it light :)

Phantomeureka

HSC
Congratulations you found a 2 year old thread on its sale......wanna medal? Meh, my dads car now he can do as he wishes.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
Bumpity bump bump. Iz dat da kar fraum back to da future?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Congratulations you found a 2 year old thread on its sale......wanna medal? Meh, my dads car now he can do as he wishes.
Really only one year... but anyway, what did you end up doing about power vs. weight? Did you finish off the project or is it still TBC?

Phantomeureka

HSC
All it needs is a set of seats and its done, but it's pretty hard to find a set that fits.....all are too wide at the base and too high for the roof.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
thats a pretty cool car man
are you still using that old motor or did you manage to get an upgrade?

Phantomeureka

HSC
Has a Cammed VW 1600 twinport in it, no speed machine but it does go ok for a vdub. Too much dicking around for a better motor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)