My earphones are stuffed. (1 Viewer)

Kittikhun

HSC
Model-Phillips SHE2610

Problem- the right earphone is failing and is about to go silent. It keeps on working in irregular intervals. It works and then it fails and works and then fails.

These earphones are are my second ones and I`m not going to buy a third one for another $30. I have been to the Philips site and the only thing they have given me on their support site is this-

Philips Support - SHE2610/97

I bought the earphones at Dick Smith Powerhouse and I`ve got the receipt but I didn`t opt for extended warranty. Do you think that they will exchange my product for another one? What if that one fails too after a month?

Thanks.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
they are like...$30, buy a new pair..

but failing that and your any good with a soldering iron, send me pics. The cabling might be fraying on the phone part, the port part, or the player might be stuffing up.

johony

HSC
maybe spend more than $30 on a shitty pair of headphones next time?

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
So how do you guys takecare of your earphones?

The left earphone usually stops working with almost every pair i buy, even though I take really good care of them. I have a special pocket in my bag where i keep my ipods earphones (which are working) and my phones earphones (left one not working). I only tend to have problems with my phones earphones...not that i use them much, but it just still frustrates me.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
So how do you guys takecare of your earphones?

The left earphone usually stops working with almost every pair i buy, even though I take really good care of them. I have a special pocket in my bag where i keep my ipods earphones (which are working) and my phones earphones (left one not working). I only tend to have problems with my phones earphones...not that i use them much, but it just still frustrates me.
Phone headphones are usually of a lower quality than the stuff you buy for your ipod etc.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
does it happen immediatly after buying the phones, like opening the case, plugging them in and the sound stuffs up?

If thats the case, then its ur player. The port where the jack goes might have come off the chipboard.

I kept soldering mine back on after i broke it lol.

Sonata

HSC
my nokia headphones lasted around a year and half untill it decided to break down, due to wire connection inside i assume. and i pretty much used it everyday wen i head off to school. Probably the brand i suppose? or the retailer store selling fake headphones that shortens the life span?

nisseltaria

HSC
maybe spend more than $30 on a shitty pair of headphones next time?
Or get a $7.95 pair from the reject shop. They have decent quality sound, are fairly durable and if the break after a couple of months you don't feel ripped off. My cat hunts headphones & I would not pay that much unless they were fixed location or noise-cancelling and very good.

It's called being stingy.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
How long did you have the earphones for before they ran out of warranty? Because if it's not very long, then the shop may still be obliged to exchange or refund your money even though you're out of warranty, since they weren't of merchantable quality when they were sold.

You've got to take into consideration the price you paid for the product, and the quality of the product should roughly match the price.

vds700

HSC
Model-Phillips SHE2610

Problem- the right earphone is failing and is about to go silent. It keeps on working in irregular intervals. It works and then it fails and works and then fails.

These earphones are are my second ones and I`m not going to buy a third one for another $30. I have been to the Philips site and the only thing they have given me on their support site is this-

Philips Support - SHE2610/97

I bought the earphones at Dick Smith Powerhouse and I`ve got the receipt but I didn`t opt for extended warranty. Do you think that they will exchange my product for another one? What if that one fails too after a month?

Thanks.
I had a pair of Philips earphones, cost like $40 and broke after about 2 weeks ffs, part of one of the earpieces just broke off- fkn piece of shit. Same with Apple earphones, they just fall apart after a few weeks/months.

I then bought a pair of Sony ones for $20, and they were much better, had them for over a year now.

Woteva636

HSC
Or get a $7.95 pair from the reject shop. They have decent quality sound, are fairly durable and if the break after a couple of months you don't feel ripped off. My cat hunts headphones & I would not pay that much unless they were fixed location or noise-cancelling and very good.

It's called being stingy.
I agree, until a couple of moths ago (when i final splashed out for some surround sound!!!) i just used cheap, crappy headphones from my schools bookshop, and when they no longer worked i bought a new pair.

i had every problem under the sun with them, left channel playing in the right headphone and vice-versa, one side not working (usually the right though), one side (or both) "flickering" so to speak, but after spending 5-10 bucks and using them for 3+ months i didnt really care.

it is possible that whatever you use your headphones for, one side gets used more than the other, thus it dies first. also, if the volumes is really loud, it'll tend to lower the life as well.

2S1D3

HSC
Sennheiser CX 300, they're god like oh and btw do not turn the equalizer on

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I went to dicksmith to get a pair of headphones with a mic.

they pointed out a pair that was $20, included 5.1 settings and a rumble feature.

When i get HS, i feel the rumble!

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
ep630s and the cx300s are essentially the same, they both sound like garbage yet one costs $40 more than the other.

but for $30 you can't do much better than the ep630s, do DSE still sell them for that much?

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
I haven't seen them at DSE for a while. The EP630s sound decent imo, it out classes every other headphone available in that price bracket.

2S1D3

HSC
Creative EP 630s are just as good and for less than half the price without the cable problems of the CX300
Hmm that's kind of weird, because my EP 630/ 635s died like a month after I bought them, the right speaker just stopped working :S. But yea I gotta agree with you the Sennheiser has some cable problems. But imo I find the Sennheiser much better in general than the Creative, and I feel that they're worth the extra $40, but again imo.
EDIT: what would you suggest as better headphones? I've tried some Shure ones and I thought for the extra $150 + from the CX300, they weren't really that great.

Last edited:

JUSTINISANGLO

HSC
If you use cheap headphones on public transport you are a scumbag. They bleed sound like a motherfucker, and have to be turned up really high to hear anything because there's no isolation going on. Double scourge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)