My Hunt Begins :D (1 Viewer)

predator4294

HSC
So after effectively wasting the first two terms of year12, and following it up with dreadful exam marks I've decided to finally do some genuine/solid work.

And what better time to start then with the Holidays yes? So here goes :

Please note there will be alot of "revise/catch up on" due to the lack of work I've put in, and this is the best time for me to atleast try and cover up the ground that I've lost and wasted. I want a 99 atar, so I suppose I really ought to start acting like I've deserved it.

So here goes :

Business Studies
Pretty much everything we have done so far. Including but not limited to :
-Various Case Studies that I have dealt with
-Write notes on Business Management and Change, Marketing and Employment Relations
-Learn everything on the topics listed above.
-Look up past HSC questions on Business Management and Change, Marketing and Employment Relations [given enough time remaining ofcourse]

Advanced Mathematics
The course is all but done at school. Therefore my planned course of action will be:
-Past papers
-Harder Questions from Cambridge
-Papers from Other schools

Maths Extension One

I dont think I have alot of stuff left here to be honest, just Simple Harmonic Motion and Binomial Theorem, however instead of trying to go ahead like soldier I'm heading off to good old revision.
-Past Papers (selected questions only)
-Major Revision/Overview on Inverse Functions
-Major Revision/Overview on graph drawing of all kind
Please note I'll be using the questions from mainly cambridge and good Old Fitzy. I'll just resort to Marget Grove if i'm on the verge of collapsing before u-turning back to fitzy/cambridge.

Physics
Finished Both Space and Motors and Generators so pretty clear what I have to do:
-Write up notes for both modules
-Revise Both Modules
-Hit up Past HSC questions on those 2 models
-Start Ideas [provided I'm quick and effective enough]

Chemistry
Bit slow around here, Finished Production but haven't gone too far into Acids and Bases.
-Write up notes on BOTH topics [I'll finish of Acids and Bases first ofcourse]
-Learn off my notes
-Do atleast 20 Acid/Base Calculation questions
-Final Aim : Start the next topic

Advanced English
Why on earth do they make us work so hard for english god dammit?
-Develop my own notes for AOS and Frankenstein/Blade Runner, hoping to start on Hamlet
-Actually Read Frankenstein
-Read all of Hamlet
-Watch BladeRunner the directors cut once more

Please keep in mind that this course of action is only til the end of the holidays...What I plan on doing after that, I'll most probably decide once The Holidays approach their end.

I feel now as though I shouldn't really hide behind the excuses of My School teachers, or my school itself for what I'll get, and instead just rely on myself and the things around me to get to where I want to go. Plus above all (and yeah you assholes can call me corny), my parents deserve this much from me, seeing that I'll probably break their hearts once I'm older and ruin their lifes pretty much.

Shout out for ya_mum for actually making me do this. You are one persistant dude.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
Nice work. Thats alot of work, take a break...!?..

ya_mum

'When there's a will, there's a way' - MOI
HSC
So after effectively wasting the first two terms of year12, and following it up with dreadful exam marks I've decided to finally do some genuine/solid work.

And what better time to start then with the Holidays yes? So here goes :
Same here. Too much overestimating the time we have.

Please note there will be alot of "revise/catch up on" due to the lack of work I've put in, and this is the best time for me to atleast try and cover up the ground that I've lost and wasted. I want a 99 atar, so I suppose I really ought to start acting like I've deserved it.
Yeah bro, you'll definitely get there!! :D see you at the top :p

So here goes :

Business Studies
Pretty much everything we have done so far. Including but not limited to :
-Various Case Studies that I have dealt with
-Write notes on Business Management and Change, Marketing and Employment Relations
-Learn everything on the topics listed above.
-Look up past HSC questions on Business Management and Change, Marketing and Employment Relations [given enough time remaining ofcourse]
Get Success One 2010. And write a case study document for each of the main dot points. I'm planning to type up all the answers on a document, for future reference. I won't do the

Advanced Mathematics
The course is all but done at school. Therefore my planned course of action will be:
-Past papers
-Harder Questions from Cambridge
-Papers from Other schools
I'll tell you how to ace this. hint hint -> resources deluxe (maybe around 100 trial papers)

Maths Extension One
I dont think I have alot of stuff left here to be honest, just Simple Harmonic Motion and Binomial Theorem, however instead of trying to go ahead like soldier I'm heading off to good old revision.
-Past Papers (selected questions only)
-Major Revision/Overview on Inverse Functions
-Major Revision/Overview on graph drawing of all kind
Please note I'll be using the questions from mainly cambridge and good Old Fitzy. I'll just resort to Marget Grove if i'm on the verge of collapsing before u-turning back to fitzy/cambridge.
Maths in focus is a good reference, although I admit that the questions are really shit, but they won't be much harder in the actual HSC. But the trials will be much harder. So hence fitzy and cambridge - I'll give you some stuff for this if you need (maybe around 120 trial papers)

Physics
Finished Both Space and Motors and Generators so pretty clear what I have to do:
-Write up notes for both modules
-Revise Both Modules
-Hit up Past HSC questions on those 2 models
-Start Ideas [provided I'm quick and effective enough]
Good stuff. Be sure to get ur hands on SuccessOne. I'll tell you more about it.

Chemistry
Bit slow around here, Finished Production but haven't gone too far into Acids and Bases.
-Write up notes on BOTH topics [I'll finish of Acids and Bases first ofcourse]
-Learn off my notes
-Do atleast 20 Acid/Base Calculation questions
-Final Aim : Start the next topic
I don't do this piece of shit subject, but I may have something that will help you.

Advanced English
Why on earth do they make us work so hard for english god dammit?
-Develop my own notes for AOS and Frankenstein/Blade Runner, hoping to start on Hamlet
-Actually Read Frankenstein
-Read all of Hamlet
-Watch BladeRunner the directors cut once more
Bro didn't you read frankenstein? Shame on you ahaha. It's actually an okay read.

Please keep in mind that this course of action is only til the end of the holidays...What I plan on doing after that, I'll most probably decide once The Holidays approach their end.

I feel now as though I shouldn't really hide behind the excuses of My School teachers, or my school itself for what I'll get, and instead just rely on myself and the things around me to get to where I want to go. Plus above all (and yeah you assholes can call me corny), my parents deserve this much from me, seeing that I'll probably break their hearts once I'm older and ruin their lifes pretty much.

Shout out for ya_mum for actually making me do this. You are one persistant dude.

Man, I have tears coming out my eyes when I read this

Nice work. Thats alot of work, take a break...!?..
I can sense that this is just the beginning of one fucking epic journey. Keep it up bro!

HSC
Uni Grad
make sure you do take breaks, otherwise you will burn out
but the above seems okay to me, you may not be able to complete all of them though

I made one of those similar to that, but I'm only expecting to complete around 80% of the stuff I do

predator4294

HSC
I think I'll resort to some sort of physical exercise....

Or something that doesn't involve a LCD screen.

predator4294

HSC
That is my main holiday goal.
That and attempt one past paper a day.
Past Papers of what subject ?

Really regretting now not having read Frankenstein, seeing that I have to deal with Hamlet too now.

Last edited:

Aindan

HSC
good on you guys ^^, all the best with your plans

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
That is my main holiday goal.
That and attempt one past paper a day.
It's not that bad once you get into it :) At the start for me it was extremely painful but I ended up kind of liking it.

Last edited:

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I do loads of past papers. Summary notes don't help me that much, it's different for everyone.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Chem and Eco I jump straight on after learning the content as I see it the best way for me to retain that info, plus it helps to tackle later exam q's. Chem I may understand the need for notes and I may closer to trials write important ones. Eco I see is a very logical subject and there's no need for notes; the topics are all linked and if you know your stuff well enough, they should all come to your head.

Modern, I simply read and remember since I don't find it a particularly difficult subject, albeit very interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)