8B
9A
10D
11C
12C
13A
14B
15D

Dammit @ 9, Was confused between Aldosterone + ADH, this means I screwed up the short answer one later on about ADH...
WTF was up with the process questions? *No I read off syllabus, nah, nah, nah...* Anyway, I related their experimental technique with Koch's postulates, when I handily forgot in the 5 min reading time when the Q. smacked me in the face. Everything else was fine I think. Genetics module was good, except the 7 marker which I wrote a 2 page essay babbling on about COMPLETELY THE WRONG THING, which I later found out.
There goes my Band 6 dammit. :mad1::mad1:
And where were the punnet squares??:burn:

Dr_Doom

HSC
Oh that plant one...

I just said get 3 plants, put one in a dry environment and water daily, put one in a dry environment and water only once at the start, and soak one in a red dyed water for a week, then put in a dry environment. Then after another week observe differences and see if the red dye is still in the plant.

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
Hey, what did you guys put for the differences between the appearance of the goldfish???? Was it related to crossing over and random fertilisation and these are reflected in the phenotypes of the organism.

Ashlee4988

HSC
I thought the multiple choice was pretty much a joke as there wasn't even one question where you had to narrow it down to two options and take a punt, it was that straightforward.
My experiment design for the water saving structure was so dodgy though, all I could think of was putting the plants, and other similar plants without the structure in containers with gladwrap over the top and then comparing the amount of precipitation on the top for each plant. I hope it atleast makes the marker chuckle. Lame.
All the rest was very, very easy, loved the 8 marker and did communications for option and im pretty sure they couldn't have made it easier. All in all, very simple exam. Such a relief.

nallask8r

HSC
lilsxcwog89 said:
Hey, what did you guys put for the differences between the appearance of the goldfish???? Was it related to crossing over and random fertilisation and these are reflected in the phenotypes of the organism.
yeh thats wat i went on about, random segregation, crossing over, alleles crap like that. hm about the plant one, it said to specifically see if the 'structure' helped in conversation of water, so i figureed if u compared it to other dry, australian terrestrial plants adaptations its a plausible experiment. meh

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
LOL GUYS
that was the easiest exam ive experience so far....but i made one stupid mistake OMG for the filtration kidney qestion, the one mark question, i didnt read the NOT and i put down things that the kidney filters OMG OMG OMG

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
Did they ask for components of the blood that pass the glomerular filtrate or the components that are too big to pass it (Blood cells, proteins) ???

cj_426

HSC
yea exactly!!! lets just talk bout it in this one

cj_426

HSC
r u sure they were looking for koch's postulates?? i think they just wanted you to justify the reliability and vailidity of the procedure used and asses it, not re-write what they did, i.e koch's postulates

cj_426

HSC
angmor said:
LOL GUYS
that was the easiest exam ive experience so far....but i made one stupid mistake OMG for the filtration kidney qestion, the one mark question, i didnt read the NOT and i put down things that the kidney filters OMG OMG OMG
what do you mean?? didn't they ask for the things that are reabsorbed?? i put down salt ions and glucose.

Lauren_Melrose

~Lauren~
HSC
For the 8 marker i just went through each of their steps and said what I thought of them, what they could have done differntly etc. I related the injesting of the bacteria to Koch's Postulates like some of you did as well and then just drew a conclusion based upon what I thought.

angmor

HSC
i forgot lol but i got it wrong

cj_426

HSC
just a quick question......does neone no if biology scales? i'm pretty sure it does but im not sure by how much. subjects like chem and physics are sure to be brought up heaps, like say u get 70, u'll prob get 85 in the end. is bio similar?
i'm hoping to get a band 6, and i've added my marks that i thought i got wrong and i got 90 so far. but i'm sure i would've missed a few that dont have enought detial or sumfin.
if i get 85, will i be scaled to the 90's?? please say yes, lol!!!

angelzstorm

Premium Member
HSC
Dr_Doom said:
1. A
2. B
3. C
4. A
5. C
6. B
7. D
8. B
9. D
10. D
11. C
12. C
13. A
14. B
15. D
i got exactly the same and im sure its right too :) 15/15 wohoo

angmor

HSC
cj_426 said:
what do you mean?? didn't they ask for the things that are reabsorbed?? i put down salt ions and glucose.

HAHA LOL YES I GOT IT RIGHT

Dr_Doom

HSC
cj_426 said:
just a quick question......does neone no if biology scales? i'm pretty sure it does but im not sure by how much. subjects like chem and physics are sure to be brought up heaps, like say u get 70, u'll prob get 85 in the end. is bio similar?
i'm hoping to get a band 6, and i've added my marks that i thought i got wrong and i got 90 so far. but i'm sure i would've missed a few that dont have enought detial or sumfin.
if i get 85, will i be scaled to the 90's?? please say yes, lol!!!
I heard that it scales down. But idk. That was last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)