My Plan to do well in the 2006 HSC/Goals (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
milk biskit said:
I guess it is fair to say that I'm a nerd :(, I spent these holidays making summary notes and doing past hsc papers for all my subjects and got them all organised into folders, but I want to do well in the HSC, I'm aiming for a UAI of 96+, as I'm currently thinking of doing Psychology at either UNSW or USYD.

I entered my half-yearly report marks into SAM, and it predicts my UAI to be 99.85, which would be very nice if I can actually manage to achieve that. Hopefully all goes well for all 2006 HSC'ers in your trials and HSC exams, wish all of you good luck :D.

2006 HSC Subjects: English (Advanced), Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Modern History, Economics
I'm sure organising all your notes and studying constantly will pay off. Don't give up. :)

abcd9146

HSC
milk biskit said:
I guess it is fair to say that I'm a nerd :(, I spent these holidays making summary notes and doing past hsc papers for all my subjects and got them all organised into folders, but I want to do well in the HSC, I'm aiming for a UAI of 96+, as I'm currently thinking of doing Psychology at either UNSW or USYD.

I entered my half-yearly report marks into SAM, and it predicts my UAI to be 99.85, which would be very nice if I can actually manage to achieve that. Hopefully all goes well for all 2006 HSC'ers in your trials and HSC exams, wish all of you good luck :D.

2006 HSC Subjects: English (Advanced), Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Modern History, Economics
lol... its nice to see get 99.85 that way, i entered mine anc got 74.90... lol... but im still ranked in the top 10-15% in my school :):)

darkmiracles

HSC
Gosh, I am aiming for a UAI of 90+ but I don't think it's possible with the subjects that I am doing..
General Maths, Industrial Technology (Multimedia), English Advanced, Ancient History and Biology.
:(

passion89

HSC
darkmiracles said:
Gosh, I am aiming for a UAI of 90+ but I don't think it's possible with the subjects that I am doing..
General Maths, Industrial Technology (Multimedia), English Advanced, Ancient History and Biology.
:(
OF course it's possible. It doesn't matter what subjects you do at all. If you do well and really do try your best then you can definately get >90. Don't think you can't.

One of my friends last year did bio, both history's, general math, english adv and legal studies and got a UAI of 97.31
She kicked everyone's asses including people who did physics and 4u maths.

karoooh

HSC
Aim to get a UAI of 91-92!

Have to finish writing my two Anc. essays and memorise them for Wednesday, and though I was planning to catch up and finish my Bus. and Physics notes, I've been incredibly slow with them, so I'll worry about them after Wednesday.

stainmepink

HSC
aiming to get 99+ (fat chance after the last 2 assess)

- finish music 2 compo
- read related material for ext 1 and adv eng
- revise integration, volumes, polynomials for ext2 maths
- blah

i haven't gotten around to most things, but thats what my weekend is for.

Bl0nDi3

HSC
i wanted to get 96+ uai for business/international studies at UTS but its 2 late for that now i've failed MEX1 and not so good with chem either :(

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Bl0nDi3 said:
i wanted to get 96+ uai for business/international studies at UTS but its 2 late for that now i've failed MEX1 and not so good with chem either :(
lawl .. business/interational studies @ UTS.. i wanna do business / law @ uts (97.suimin) .. but highly improbable.. so im gonna be going for 90+ for b business @ uts

don't give up!!! no matter how tough it may seem .. never give up. pull ur marks up. pull your act together .. and do ur best!!

i'm gonna be doing 2 essays (english) per week to annoy my english teacher and improve my handwriting speed.
gonna be revising a lot more on 3u maths (got alottato catch up on [esp. from prelim year])
do some more physics notes ... need to finish motors and generators!!
business studesi notes .. i kinda skipped bus. management and changed .. haha.
started from financial planning going to marketing -> emp. relat. -> globlisation -> management and change.

a lot for me to do!!

passion89

HSC
I'm dedicating most of this weekend to writing up notes and summaries and revision for most of my subjects just to try and get back into the whole studying thing. After the half yearlies, I've noticed my motivation fellllll and and decided to stay down for the entire holidays and 1st week back at school. So to counteract this, I'm hoping to get some revision done this weekend :D

operative word here: HOPING...

X

xeuyrawp

Goals are good, mine was to get into the uni course I wanted.

From experience, if you know you want to go to uni, you have something to work towards and say 'I'll finish these notes today because I want the marks to get into uni' or something. :)

claire1511

HSC
i am aiming for 90+ to get into medicine but i just put my half yearly marks into SAM and i t didnt look good. i didnt do too well in half yearlys but it gave me quite a shock, i really need to get into gear if i want to do well. everyone is saying how they got like 70%'s and saying thats bad, i got 48's and 64's. just have to knuckle down i guess.

nahian

HSC
Don't worry about it Claire
I'm aiming for med aswell,
you have to consider that UMAT, on most occasions, is equally weighted in the selection process, so dont bummer out if you UAI aint 99.9

tennille

HSC
claire1511 said:
i am aiming for 90+ to get into medicine but i just put my half yearly marks into SAM and i t didnt look good. i didnt do too well in half yearlys but it gave me quite a shock, i really need to get into gear if i want to do well. everyone is saying how they got like 70%'s and saying thats bad, i got 48's and 64's. just have to knuckle down i guess.
You're half-yearly marks aren't really an indication of your HSC marks. You have to take into account the fact that your HSC marks are aligned/moderated.

Like you said, just study hard. Make sure you try and understand everything- if you don't, ask a teacher or post the question up here on BOS. :)

claire1511

HSC
Thanks guys, ill just have to really knuckle down now and get into study mode. thanks:)

kolgf

HSC
To become a radiologist, wat mark do i need and what do i have to study.

taki999

HSC
I've got two N-award warnings in one subject! Fark ! I have to study so hard it's not funny...need support *sigh*....feeling like not even beening about to get the chance to sit for the HSC...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)