mystery marks (1 Viewer)

Valupatitta

HSC
who thinks they're gonna get mystery marks?
please share your thoughts as to how you got there, so we can learn from YOUR mistakes :)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
so what exactly does it do? boost your mark up?
Nope, you just have the shame of getting a super low UAI.

But i believe you get a free drink if you admit you got a mystery mark in a pub XD

Monsterman

HSC
Its for people who screwed around year 12 and which led to them fucking up every assessment that they have done in this year... Someone who gets 12 ATAR gets "boosted" up to 30.. its to same the person the "shame" or whatever..

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Its for people who screwed around year 12 and which led to them fucking up every assessment that they have done in this year... Someone who gets 12 ATAR gets "boosted" up to 30.. its to same the person the "shame" or whatever..
No, they just don't find out what they got.
They literally get a * for their ATAR.

hollaholla

HSC
I am confident of attaining a mystery mark. How i got there? Throughout the year, the Hsc has been the last thing on my mind. For a long time now I have been playing the game of chess on websites such as FICS, chesscube, chesspark, chesshotel, owl21, chess.com, playchess, ICC etc. With a rating of 2400 and over 50-000 games in all, i plan to attain my first chess norm in Singapore come 2011. As soon as I embrace the titles of IM,NM and then GM, i will start touring Asia (my place of birth) . This is no walk in the park as the competition is fierce. This is where I have spent most of my time this year and I do not regret it one bit.

So if you have an interest that YOU find more important than the HSC, you should do nothing but follow your ambitions. In the end, it may just work out for you.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I am confident of attaining a mystery mark. How i got there? Throughout the year, the Hsc has been the last thing on my mind. For a long time now I have been playing the game of chess on websites such as FICS, chesscube, chesspark, chesshotel, owl21, chess.com, playchess, ICC etc. With a rating of 2400 and over 50-000 games in all, i plan to attain my first chess norm in Singapore come 2011. As soon as I embrace the titles of IM,NM and then GM, i will start touring Asia (my place of birth) . This is no walk in the park as the competition is fierce. This is where I have spent most of my time this year and I do not regret it one bit.

So if you have an interest that YOU find more important than the HSC, you should do nothing but follow your ambitions. In the end, it may just work out for you.
Are you trolling or did you really give up on your HSC to be a professional chess player?

Deer

Premium Member
HSC

I'm finding it hard to detect sarcasm,, ?

Last edited:

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC

Life is now meaningful.

hollaholla

HSC
Are you trolling or did you really give up on your HSC to be a professional chess player?
Perhaps we should play a game. Variant + time + increment of your choice. Website of your choice . Range from 1 - 60(mins). To avoid one of us cheating ( using an engine), we can also assign a moderator to our game and have it analyzed.

Triquetral

HSC
Nope, you just have the shame of getting a super low UAI.

But i believe you get a free drink if you admit you got a mystery mark in a pub XD
Definitely true. If you tell them you got an asterix on your HSC you get a free drink :p lol doubt its worth it pretty highly haah but yeah they get something at least :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)