Mystery Shopping (1 Viewer)

Empath

HSC
Has anyone here ever applied for a mystery shopping job? I've seen them a few times in job searching sites but the whole 'get paid to shop' thing seems kinda suss =/

jordankuai22

HSC
Empath said:
Has anyone here ever applied for a mystery shopping job? I've seen them a few times in job searching sites but the whole 'get paid to shop' thing seems kinda suss =/
never heard of this...

elaborate

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Empath said:
No it's true
Department stores etc hire companies to send mystery shoppers in.
You pose as a shopper and you rate the assistance, product placement, etc
And you get paid to do it

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
i haven't done it before, but it's definitely not suss

sounds like a bit of fun actually, lol

michael1990

HSC
Most companies are now switching from outsourcing it to actually doing it internally.

Say if you have a shop located in Sydney and one in Liverpool a person from Liverpool will mystery shop Sydney.

As no one knows the business better than another employee.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Lol you don't. And I think it's pretty shit pay too. I know one person who's done it and I can't remember a lot of the details but it just seemed like a lot more effort than it's worth. You have to write up a report, and look for some really specific details, depending on the particular job. And it's not constant on-going work..it's kind of contracted out I think..or more that you have to apply to each specific job (not that that's hard to get I think, but yeh). I know that they take your report seriously and you can't just write out a load of wank off the top of your head.

tau281290

HSC
LOL, I was planning to start my own Mystery shopping corp. Maybe we should work together?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
My friend used to do this [internally for big w] she looks pretty young so she didnt exactly get the best service all the time and i few stores got a bad report over it. basically you shop, but you also check out heaps of stuff, like safety, whether the shelves are stacked neatly, and she often had to "steal" stuff to test their security.

I guess it might be kind of fun if you are a stickler for rules and can remember every regulation and have a keen eye for violations of them. Also it would probably help if you were some sort of serial klepto as a kid cause then you might be good at stealing and might actually test out their security properly.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Serius said:
My friend used to do this [internally for big w] she looks pretty young so she didnt exactly get the best service all the time and i few stores got a bad report over it. basically you shop, but you also check out heaps of stuff, like safety, whether the shelves are stacked neatly, and she often had to "steal" stuff to test their security.

I guess it might be kind of fun if you are a stickler for rules and can remember every regulation and have a keen eye for violations of them. Also it would probably help if you were some sort of serial klepto as a kid cause then you might be good at stealing and might actually test out their security properly.
so what if you steal multiple things .. and then only report one of them? hahah

FREE CLOTHES> !!LOL!!
but then if you get caught. . "i'm a mystery shopper testing out ur security. Congrats. you passed" *walks off* (even though you weren't a mystery shopper) lol.

Charizard

HSC
shinji said:
so what if you steal multiple things .. and then only report one of them? hahah

FREE CLOTHES> !!LOL!!
but then if you get caught. . "i'm a mystery shopper testing out ur security. Congrats. you passed" *walks off* (even though you weren't a mystery shopper) lol.
Pretty sure it's not that easy you muppet.

Glad you're not in charge of security at my store.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Charizard said:
Pretty sure it's not that easy you muppet.

Glad you're not in charge of security at my store.
haha. im upset im not :(

what store u work at?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Have a feeling it would not be too hard to just make up the report if you were really that lazy.

Being asked to steal stuff to test security sounds a little sus to me. I wouldn't do it. Unless the store knows beforehand that you're there as a mystery shopper? Which would defeat the purpose of the job anyway.

HSC
em_516 said:
Lol you don't. And I think it's pretty shit pay too. I know one person who's done it and I can't remember a lot of the details but it just seemed like a lot more effort than it's worth. You have to write up a report, and look for some really specific details, depending on the particular job. And it's not constant on-going work..it's kind of contracted out I think..or more that you have to apply to each specific job (not that that's hard to get I think, but yeh). I know that they take your report seriously and you can't just write out a load of wank off the top of your head.
From what I have read elsewhere, this is true.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Have a feeling it would not be too hard to just make up the report if you were really that lazy.

Being asked to steal stuff to test security sounds a little sus to me. I wouldn't do it. Unless the store knows beforehand that you're there as a mystery shopper? Which would defeat the purpose of the job anyway.
Its not sus, a good part of how successful a store is has to do with security and minimizing shrinkage. They have a special id tag on them saying they are big W employees working undercover as a mystery shopper. The stores dont [usually] know beforehand that a mystery shopper is coming, but they do know they exist so when they catch a mystery shopper "stealing" who then shows their id theyarent suspect about it at all. Even if they did know beforehand that a mystery shopper is coming in that week or something i dont think it would defeat the purpose, it still tests out their security as long as they dont know what they look like.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Serius said:
Its not sus, a good part of how successful a store is has to do with security and minimizing shrinkage. They have a special id tag on them saying they are big W employees working undercover as a mystery shopper. The stores dont [usually] know beforehand that a mystery shopper is coming, but they do know they exist so when they catch a mystery shopper "stealing" who then shows their id theyarent suspect about it at all. Even if they did know beforehand that a mystery shopper is coming in that week or something i dont think it would defeat the purpose, it still tests out their security as long as they dont know what they look like.
Ak ok well as long as there's some sort of system in place. I was imagining having to walk out with stuff and being caught and going "oh lol mystery shopping" and them going "oh lol bullshit" and you --> arrested. :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)