• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

N Korea conducts Nuclear test. (1 Viewer)

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Don't be too hard on the fifteen year old...

PulpusFiction said:
i did an IP trace on evergreen, he's connected to 1 of the 3 computers they have in pyongyang. fuck you dumbass.
Good call.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
YL said:
If NK actually got its act together, there'd be no reason for the US and/or any other country to attack it in the first place.
That's not how it works. Countries invade for self interest. The fact that a country is poor or that its leader neglects its people does not provide a reason for invasion in absence of circumstances such as ethnic genocide (in which case the public international outcry may or may not force a unilateral intervention). Despite the fact that there was previously little to no chance of the US invading, Kim acted in an Asian way - that is to 'save face' by acting tough.

Raginsheep

HSC
I agree totally that countries act for self interest. Additionally, leaders act according to their ideological whims. Perhaps i should have said "there would be no resonable reason...".

Never the less, the point stands. In the current geo-political climate, no country has the sufficient clout and ability to carry out a major military operation unilaterally while otherwise maintaining a respectable level of normality.

Comrade nathan

HSC
How could you possible know that Kim Il Jong neglects his people? Just because a country has problems doesn't mean the leaders neglect the situation. Does Howard neglect the farmers? Or can we safely acknowledge there is a drought?

In the north of Korea there was a drought followed by floods during the 90s, this caused the famine. The DPRK did not have the fertile land or an economy which could access surpluss food. Now however the DPRK is slowly regrowing from the 1990's, I doubt that people actually starve in the north of Korea these days. There would be considerable nutrution problems though. Provided steady growth is sustained and aid is continued the DPRK will be better prepared for natural disasters.

It seems that because the DPRK is isolated from the west, people think they can claim anything. Have any of you actually read the DPRK consitution? It's also wierd the idea people have that the DPRK intend to harm another nation. People often make this claim, that Kim has plans to bomb Japan or even South Korea. No where have I seen a legitimate source presented. It is often a south Korean or some unammed north Korean which is presented through a south Korean.

Last edited:

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Comrade nathan said:
How could you possible know that Kim Il Jong neglects his people? Just because a country has problems doesn't mean the leaders neglect the situation. Does Howard neglect the farmers? Or can we safely acknowledge there is a drought?
How could you possibly know that Kim Il Jong cared for his people? Tell me since you are so sure that he is a good leader, what have he done for the benefit of North Korean people with source? John Howard just announced a $ 750 million drought relief to farmers yesterday, $350 down payment with $ 400 million as broader package. (AAP and the Australian). That is what a leader who care for his people should do.

On May 15, Choe Su-hon, one of Pyongyang's nine deputy foreign ministers, quantified the grim truth at a Unicef conference in Beijing. Almost a quarter of a million people - 220,000 to be exact - died of famine between 1995 and 1998. As a result, and also due to medical shortages, average life expectancy fell from 73.2 in 1993 to 66.8 in 1999. Showing who exactly bore the brunt, infant mortality (under 5s) almost doubled from 27 to 48 per 1,000 people. Choe also gave data on a related disaster: his country's wider health care crisis. In 1994, 86 percent of people had access to save drinking water; by 1996, only 53 percent did. And the rate of vaccination against polio and measles fell from 90 percent in 1990 to just 50 percent by 1997. http://www.atimes.com/koreas/CE23Dg02.html

That was from North Korean official themselves who normally refuse to give details, and is likely a conservative estimate.

But nature knows no DMZ. Flood and drought have hit South Korea too. Some people drowned, and more lost property - yet nobody starved. That is the difference between sensible socio-economic systems, efficient and flexible, and stupid ones. In this sense, North Korea's famine like most others must be seen as man-made: to be more exact, Kim-made.

In the north of Korea there was a drought followed by floods during the 90s, this caused the famine. The DPRK did not have the fertile land or an economy which could access surpluss food. Now however the DPRK is slowly regrowing from the 1990's,
Who's fault is that they don't have access to surplus food produced by Australia, USA, India, and Europe? No one forced North Korea to close its doors, in fact, these country would love to sell their excess produce to North Korea very much, instead, it refuse to buy foods and spend a huge portion of the country's budget for military programme. Yeah thats very responsible for Kim Jong Il.

I doubt that people actually starve in the north of Korea these days. There would be considerable nutrution problems though. Provided steady growth is sustained and aid is continued the DPRK will be better prepared for natural disasters.
Nutritional problems in North Korea is caused by lack of food, if people do not have enough food to eat they starve. Why are North Korean so poor compared to South Korea? They live side by side, with the same soil, the same climate, the same race, the same language, and culture?

Why do they have to rely on AID in the first place? begging to the world for food and then spend the only money you have to produce useless weapons and war machine. Is that what you consider responsible leader? probably for you but not for North Korean.

It seems that because the DPRK is isolated from the west, people think they can claim anything. Have any of you actually read the DPRK consitution? It's also wierd the idea people have that the DPRK intend to harm another nation. People often make this claim, that Kim has plans to bomb Japan or even South Korea. No where have I seen a legitimate source presented. It is often a south Korean or some unammed north Korean which is presented through a south Korean.
Give us your source where people claim Kim plan to bomb Japan or South Korea. What is the relevance of North Korean constitution? A constitution of typical communist country where right to equality, freedom, religion, expression or speech, freedom of press, freedom of thought and every kind of freedom you can imagine are written in details , none of those rights extended to the people.

Evergreen

HSC
Aryan"beuaty" stop degrading north koreans as savage people who are merciless, theyre not. People like you make other people think north koreans are terrorists, its the dictators that are crackheads, not the people. its not north koreas fault that they are developing nuclear weapons. The US is shit, thats why and dont say no coz US is worse, since they could not say simply that they wont attack NK,

also im not pro north korea, i want nuking to stop. im just clearing shit up that north koreans arent evil, its just the "paranoia" that exists in NK that US will fuk them up, its the same shit with muslims and arabs. not all muslims are terrorists and arabs are not muslims. So dont believe aryanbeuty, since its bs

also aryan"buetay" NK is paranod bout US, they cant help it but persist with all military shit, so dont blame them, blame communist ideologies

Last edited:

Evergreen

HSC
and how could u possibly support israel in the war...theyre the "wrong" ones and now ur being a hypocrite LOLz

endofdroad

HSC
look just wipe out those north koreans they're good for nothing. They dont provide any economic good to the asian economy infact they're the ones destroying asias economy especially the south korean economy which has seen its stock market drop. Not to mention the embarking journey to kill people with their nuclear weapons and destroying democracy- the right to freedom. btw i support the usa n israel! but im neither but i support them 100% .Media gives a lot of sterotypical american and israeli soldiers causing havoc and chaos infact its the other way around, america is defending not only themselves but your freedom - start the realise it because without them protecting us we wouldnt enjoy this freedom, this idea called democracy!

if america is so shit n bad why does it have a good economy infact its the strongest economy in the world? the people support north korean dictatorship if they didnt they have the power to throw out the dictators. so it is the people as well. stupid NKz

the idea of human rights don't apply 2 north korea since a key feature of the UN human rights declaration states that everyone , i mean EVERYONE has the right 2 vote. i dnt exactly see that happening in north korea. They've had the same shit az government for quite a while. so i dont see human rights applying 2 north korea therefore i dont care less wat happens to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
woah quadruple post. Any1 heard that Nk has declared war about the ecconomic sanctions? i thought i heard something on the news in passing.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Evergreen said:
Aryan"beuaty" stop degrading north koreans as savage people who are merciless, theyre not. People like you make other people think north koreans are terrorists, its the dictators that are crackheads, not the people. its not north koreas fault that they are developing nuclear weapons. The US is shit, thats why and dont say no coz US is worse, since they could not say simply that they wont attack NK,

also im not pro north korea, i want nuking to stop. im just clearing shit up that north koreans arent evil, its just the "paranoia" that exists in NK that US will fuk them up, its the same shit with muslims and arabs. not all muslims are terrorists and arabs are not muslims. So dont believe aryanbeuty, since its bs

also aryan"buetay" NK is paranod bout US, they cant help it but persist with all military shit, so dont blame them, blame communist ideologies
Can you quote my post in which I degraded North Korean people and made them to appear as terrorist? :uhoh:

Evergreen

HSC
aryan the posts you make are in essence saying that everything is north koreas fault..so youre saying north koreans all support the nuclear testing, etc.

Evergreen

HSC
USA is not "bad" economically, but they have an idiot leader who cant fkn tell north korea that they are not intending to attack them. Wiping out north korea is bad because north koreans will then launch their nukes, killing millions of people and sending the east asian economy into the stone age.

no i dont think any war will start, just tension will rise, and its going to keep rising because NK is threatening the world, and they are planning to conduct more nuclear tests, since the media portrayed their nukes as "one tenth the power of hiroshima sized nukes". Kim Jong watches CNN too,,

Last edited by a moderator:

Aryanbeauty

HSC
I did not blame North Korean people for the slightest in my post, hence you cannot quote any from my post. North Korean people are like slaves of Kim Jong Il and yes I blame him for all the sufferings of poor North Koreans.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
The USA need intervene now. at the moment it looks there might be abother arms race, this time in the asian region.
i have no reason why japan and south korea shouldnt be developing nukes now, they have every reason to do so. the only reason they wont is with US intervention.

otherwise with no intervention, situation will just mean more nukes.

this shouldnt have happened in the first place - poor diplomacy from the US. the Un are bunch of wankers who cant do something rite for once.

lets see what happens.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Finally they regret unlikely to remove UN sanctions though. Too late.

SEOUL, South Korea - North Korean leader Kim Jong Il expressed regret about his country's nuclear test to a Chinese delegation and said Pyongyang would return to international nuclear talks if Washington backs off a campaign to financially isolate the country, a South Korean newspaper reported Friday.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061020/ap_on_re_as/nkorea_kim_nuclear

North Korea heading for a cold hungry winter.

SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA - Even as missile and nuclear tests alienate humanitarian aid donors, North Korea is facing a cold winter in which it is unlikely to be able to feed its people.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20061019/ts_csm/onorthaidx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)