Napolean said China is a "Sleeping Giant, when she awakes she will shake the world" (1 Viewer)

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
Napoleon called China "a sleeping giant", and predicted that "When she awakes she will shake the world".

Soon China will really awake. with 5000 years of superpower status, and living in harmony with its neighbouring countries, only recently in the last 300 years or so, has china been awoken by the west and japs. and now this sleeping giant has started to step up and leap to the future as the superpower in action, and not as the superpower thats sleeping.

China is on its way to becoming the world's next military superpower, thanks to Russian technology and assistance, and could be the first nation to build a moon-based space station.

The Hong Kong Sunday Morning Post reported that "a new colossus may be forming in the east as Russia and China edge toward a symbiotic relationship that could create the world's next economic, military and space-faring superpower."

In signaling the importance of Beijing's relationship with Moscow, Chinese President Hu Jintao used his first trip abroad to visit Russia, during which he signed a number of far-reaching agreements in energy, space engineering, arms supplies and regional security.

"Relations with China constitute the most important factor in Russian foreign-policy strategy," says Gennady Chuffrin, deputy director of Russia's Institute for World Economy and International Relations.

Both nations signed a deal to build a $2.5 billion oil pipeline from Siberia to the Chinese industrial center of Daqing, which is also the location of China's oldest oil fields. That deal also commits China to purchase $150 billion worth of Russian crude oil over 25 years.

Also, Russia is helping advance China's space program, considered by many analysts to be an ambitious effort. China already fulfilled its plans of a first manned space mission in last October and also wants to build the moon's first space station by 2010.

Former Pennsylvania Republican Rep. Robert Walker, the recent chairman of the Commission on the Future of the U.S. Aerospace Industry, wrote earlier this month in the Washington Times that the U.S. could be in danger of losing its space-technology edge to China.

"The Chinese are devoting substantial resources and gearing up to do some things [in space] that we are no longer technologically capable of achieving in the immediate future," he wrote. "Our space technology today could not be used to replicate what we [the U.S.] did 35 years ago [in the moon walk].

"Our strategic thinkers [should] acknowledge the profound impact on the balance of power," he added. "China could leapfrog the world in some important earthbound technologies," such as achieving nuclear fusion, as well as developing options for military-related missions.

A Chinese crew, for example, has been utilizing EVA (extra-vehicular activity) technologies, used in space-based construction work, at the Russian Star City cosmonaut training facility.

China is also advancing a laser weapons program.

But some in Russia worry Moscow could be creating a monster.

"Many Russians worry," said one expert at the Institute of Oriental Studies in Moscow, "that one day the Chinese will just come and take Siberia away from us," the Hong Kong Sunday Morning Post reported.

Russians have won the title of sending the first man to space.
Americans have won the race of sending the first man to the moon.
and only 4 decades later, China has come a long way to be the 3rd nation in the world to send a man to space, ahead of all the european nations as well as technology praised japan.
China has plans to send the first man to Mars, to check its position and status as superpower in the public eye of the global community.
as well as build a permanent space station on the moon. (Kind of like an Embassy, yet on a moon)

Last edited:

hatty

Banned
man who the fuck cares about ur fucking china
pyscho_mushy?
man u chongs are all the same

hey, if u love china so much, y not go live there?

hatty

Banned
u shut the hell up
but serious quesiton 2 u chinese ppl
if ur china is so great, and u love it so much
why dont u go and live there?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
does anyone actually care if china make better weapons and are sending people into space? 'look at me! i can kill more people than you can!' uhh...that's nothing to be proud of. maybe if you spent less time torturing your own civilians you wouldn't need masses of weapons to keep them in line. and do you realise how long it's been since someone walked on the moon? over 3 decades. why? because there is nothing on the moon. just like there will be nothing on mars. so why do you think it's a big deal to make a space station on the moon or send people to mars? oh, maybe it's because you have censored the internet so your people won't know any better

hatty: i can answer that question. simply, living in china sucks ass. they know this, but at the same time need something to hold onto that makes them feel good about themselves. that's why they need to use quotes that are over 3 centuries old in order to make a specific point related to current politics

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhomo
does anyone actually care if china make better weapons and are sending people into space? 'look at me! i can kill more people than you can!' uhh...that's nothing to be proud of. maybe if you spent less time torturing your own civilians you wouldn't need masses of weapons to keep them in line. and do you realise how long it's been since someone walked on the moon? over 3 decades. why? because there is nothing on the moon. just like there will be nothing on mars. so why do you think it's a big deal to make a space station on the moon or send people to mars? oh, maybe it's because you have censored the internet so your people won't know any better

hahaha,i love you man

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I hope you don't - that kind of thing would be outlawed in China glycerine.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by neo_o
I hope you don't - that kind of thing would be outlawed in China glycerine.
yeah, except for the fact that I'm a girl.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
yeah, except for the fact that I'm a girl.
well, you had to ruin that joke didnt you :(

hatty

Banned

hatty: i can answer that question. simply, living in china sucks ass. they know this, but at the same time need something to hold onto that makes them feel good about themselves. that's why they need to use quotes that are over 3 centuries old in order to make a specific point related to current politics

lol

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
s'ok, some of the best of us just happen to be female.

Roman

Wow, you're an idiot if you don't realise the effect China will have on the rest of the world. We live in Australia, which I'm fairly sure you know, is close to China. We are closely allied with China's only important rival, America. When it comes down to it and America decides to do something about China (if they can at that stage) who will be caught in the shit? Us. By building something on the Moon, the Chinese leave the possibility open to easily build sattelites in orbit. Satellites can be modified to carry missiles that can be fired anywhere in the world. By forming a good political friendship with Russia, they have access to the largest army ever and the largest stockpile of nukes next to America's. If you plan on being alive in 20 years, you should give a fuck about China because they're going to be around for a long while. How do you know that China used 'quotes that are over 3 centuries old'? Could it possibly be that the newspaper printing this article, or even the thread starter, used it because they thought it was relevant? But then again, "does anyone actually care?" :rolleyes:

Last edited:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by Roman
Wow, you're an idiot if you don't realise the effect China will have on the rest of the world. We live in Australia, which I'm fairly sure you know, is close to China. We are closely allied with China's only important rival, America. When it comes down to it and America decides to do something about China (if they can at that stage) who will be caught in the shit? Us. By building something on the Moon, the Chinese leave the possibility open to easily build sattelites in orbit. Satellites can be modified to carry missiles that can be fired anywhere in the world. By forming a good political friendship with Russia, they have access to the largest army ever and the largest stockpile of nukes next to America's. If you plan on being alive in 20 years, you should give a fuck about China because they're going to be around for a long while. How do you know that China used 'quotes that are over 3 centuries old'? Could it possibly be that the newspaper printing this article, or even the thread starter, used it because they thought it was relevant? But then again, "does anyone actually care?" :rolleyes:
firstly, where did i say that 'China' used the quote? thanks for proving that you can't read even the simpliest of points.

and do you really believe an empire can be forged by brute force alone? it seems to me that China equates having nukes with a right to rule the world. NEWSFLASH! the last the country that tried to rule the world by killing off entire races got it's arse handed to them by the rest of the world. maybe it's just me, but i get the feeling people aren't just going to roll over and take it up the arse from a second rate country that thinks 'build more tanks' is a legitimate economic policy. china is on the brink of collapsing on itself as more and more of its citizens are realising that nationalism counts for jack when you are being tortured and brutalised by the people that should be providing you with health and education

astro

HSC
Originally posted by Dingo2004
Napoleon called China "a sleeping giant", and predicted that "When she awakes she will shake the world".

Soon China will really awake. with 5000 years of superpower status, and living in harmony with its neighbouring countries, only recently in the last 300 years or so, has china been awoken by the west and japs. and now this sleeping giant has started to step up and leap to the future as the superpower in action, and not as the superpower thats sleeping.

China is on its way to becoming the world's next military superpower, thanks to Russian technology and assistance, and could be the first nation to build a moon-based space station.

The Hong Kong Sunday Morning Post reported that "a new colossus may be forming in the east as Russia and China edge toward a symbiotic relationship that could create the world's next economic, military and space-faring superpower."

In signaling the importance of Beijing's relationship with Moscow, Chinese President Hu Jintao used his first trip abroad to visit Russia, during which he signed a number of far-reaching agreements in energy, space engineering, arms supplies and regional security.

"Relations with China constitute the most important factor in Russian foreign-policy strategy," says Gennady Chuffrin, deputy director of Russia's Institute for World Economy and International Relations.

Both nations signed a deal to build a $2.5 billion oil pipeline from Siberia to the Chinese industrial center of Daqing, which is also the location of China's oldest oil fields. That deal also commits China to purchase $150 billion worth of Russian crude oil over 25 years.

Also, Russia is helping advance China's space program, considered by many analysts to be an ambitious effort. China already fulfilled its plans of a first manned space mission in last October and also wants to build the moon's first space station by 2010.

Former Pennsylvania Republican Rep. Robert Walker, the recent chairman of the Commission on the Future of the U.S. Aerospace Industry, wrote earlier this month in the Washington Times that the U.S. could be in danger of losing its space-technology edge to China.

"The Chinese are devoting substantial resources and gearing up to do some things [in space] that we are no longer technologically capable of achieving in the immediate future," he wrote. "Our space technology today could not be used to replicate what we [the U.S.] did 35 years ago [in the moon walk].

"Our strategic thinkers [should] acknowledge the profound impact on the balance of power," he added. "China could leapfrog the world in some important earthbound technologies," such as achieving nuclear fusion, as well as developing options for military-related missions.

A Chinese crew, for example, has been utilizing EVA (extra-vehicular activity) technologies, used in space-based construction work, at the Russian Star City cosmonaut training facility.

China is also advancing a laser weapons program.

But some in Russia worry Moscow could be creating a monster.

"Many Russians worry," said one expert at the Institute of Oriental Studies in Moscow, "that one day the Chinese will just come and take Siberia away from us," the Hong Kong Sunday Morning Post reported.

Russians have won the title of sending the first man to space.
Americans have won the race of sending the first man to the moon.
and only 4 decades later, China has come a long way to be the 3rd nation in the world to send a man to space, ahead of all the european nations as well as technology praised japan.
China has plans to send the first man to Mars, to check its position and status as superpower in the public eye of the global community.
as well as build a permanent space station on the moon. (Kind of like an Embassy, yet on a moon)
I'm inclined to believe that you did not write this....
whats your obesession with glorifying china....these debates are probably going to get racial....

Roman

and do you really believe an empire can be forged by brute force alone? it seems to me that China equates having nukes with a right to rule the world. NEWSFLASH! the last the country that tried to rule the world by killing off entire races got it's arse handed to them by the rest of the world. maybe it's just me, but i get the feeling people aren't just going to roll over and take it up the arse from a second rate country that thinks 'build more tanks' is a legitimate economic policy. china is on the brink of collapsing on itself as more and more of its citizens are realising that nationalism counts for jack when you are being tortured and brutalised by the people that should be providing you with health and education
Whoever said they were forming an empire through brute force? Have you seen Chinese economic policy? They draw all the manufacturers to the sweatshops in China and Asia, making all the 1st world countries dependent on them in an economic sense. They offer incentives to Chinese businesses and investors to put their money in American companies. Once they gain a large amount of influence over the American economy through it's corporations, all they need to do is pull their money out and the corporations will crumble. You think that China is a new Germany? It is not run by idiots and lunatics, the Chinese government knows what they're doing.

firstly, where did i say that 'China' used the quote? thanks for proving that you can't read even the simpliest of points.
simply, living in china sucks ass. they know this, but at the same time need something to hold onto that makes them feel good about themselves. that's why they need to use quotes that are over 3 centuries old in order to make a specific point related to current politics
You are talking about Chinese people here, therefore you are talking about China.

Thomas_wow

Roman, i think you've watched too much star trek

"china will build satellites which will carry missiles and attack anyone in the world!!1111"

or you've been watching a few too many late night conspiracy theories...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)