• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Napolean said China is a "Sleeping Giant, when she awakes she will shake the world" (2 Viewers)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by George W. Bush
Well, no sense in being a hypocrite.
Excuse me? It's not hypocrisy, leaders are expected to uphold certain standards, one of which being they can pronounce words which have caused major issues in their nation recently. If I was a leader, the same would be expected of me.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
Excuse me? It's not hypocrisy, leaders are expected to uphold certain standards, one of which being they can pronounce words which have caused major issues in their nation recently. If I was a leader, the same would be expected of me.
Notice how I said *one* of which being? Yeah, I didn't say that's all they're expected to do. It is, however, part and parcel of the whole leader deal. The majority of leaders tend to have some degree of ability in the public speaking arena. Certainly, their top priority is to lead, but there are other things that come attached to that priority.

rumour

HSC
Originally posted by crazyhomo
china is on the brink of collapsing on itself as more and more of its citizens are realising that nationalism counts for jack
:rolleyes:
Is that why they have had 8% economic growth for the past decade??

Originally posted by glycerine
Notice how I said *one* of which being? Yeah, I didn't say that's all they're expected to do. It is, however, part and parcel of the whole leader deal. The majority of leaders tend to have some degree of ability in the public speaking arena. Certainly, their top priority is to lead, but there are other things that come attached to that priority.
If they wanted me to pronounce the name properly, they would have named it in English!

rumour

HSC
Thanks.

I will now detail the countries and/or major organisations you have managed in your life:

I will now address the number of terrorist attacks on home soil you've had to lead the country through:

I will now list the number of economies you have pulled out of recession with a stimulatory policy mix:

I will now list the occasions on which you gave speeches to major audiences:

I will now list the major military forces that you are CIC of:
:rofl:
Wow!!!!
you have done so much!!!!
It seems Mr Bush, is not as stupid as we think!!!!!!!!

Thomas_wow

i like it how george is the lowest IQ president of america (that have been IQ tested) ever by far

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Thomas_wow
i like it how george is the lowest IQ president of america (that have been IQ tested) ever by far
I like it how a persons IQ has been proved to determine their ability to lead a country, idiot.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by rumour
:rolleyes:
Is that why they have had 8% economic growth for the past decade??
oh, you mean the 8% economic growth that is lower than inflation?

Generator

HSC
N/A
If they wanted me to pronounce the name properly, they would have named it in English!

I thought that you spoke 'American' rather than English, Bush.

rumour

HSC
oh, you mean the 8% economic growth that is lower than inflation?
The price-push inflation which is caused by the economic growth?
Yes!

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
The price-push inflation which is caused by the economic growth?
Yes!
you do realise that inflation has risen about 15-16% in china over the last decade, yet the economy has only risen by 8%? kinda suggests to me that they are moving backwards

rumour

HSC
you do realise that inflation has risen about 15-16% in china over the last decade, yet the economy has only risen by 8%? kinda suggests to me that they are moving backwards
Well right now it is 9.7%
Which is a 7 year high!!
So if was 15-16% before, then it is going down, yes?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Well right now it is 9.7%
Which is a 7 year high!!
So if was 15-16% before, then it is going down, yes?
omg you're an idiot

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
Originally posted by Enlightened_One
Ok, sorry it took me so long to offer my two cents worth but I decided to leave BoS and do some work. That lasted about two days.

China has a terrible record already, let me say that. Tainamen Square proved that humanitarian issues are low down on their list of worries.
China has the world's largest army easily. They don't need the greatest technology to threaten Australia, just the fact that there are twenty thousand Chinese for every Aussie ought to give you something to think about.
America though is fiercely protective of her title and should it ever come down to it, America would unleash everything in her arsenal. China wouldn't stand a chance, but neither would the rest of the world because there'd be a nuclear winter...so yeah let's hope friction doesn't develop.

And believe me it is shit to live in China, I studied it for four years because we had no other langauge to study. I studied how they live and it ain't nice by our standards.

Anyway, the most worrying thing is that the Cold War may restart and if that happens the closet thing to a world body, the UN is powerless.
China is one of the five major powers of the Security council and this is wrong. Not because I'm anit-China, but because they didn't earn their place.
The Un was formed by the winners of the second world war, and the Security Council was created as the only body that could take action and the five major powers who could stop any action went to four of the big winners, Britain, France (who really did nothing but be invaded, US and Russia. (Australia should have been there, we fought too). How China ended up there, i do not know.
But anyway, during the cold war Russia and America vetoed every action taken by the Security Council just to piss each other off. If friction develops between China and America then the Un may become powerless once more.

And by the way I heard that to build housing for the Olympics the Chinese government is simply kicking people out of their homes and destroying them to make temporary housing for the athletes.

But yeah, i have to agree with those above. If China is so great shut up about it and go live there. And the same goes for anyone else who goes on about a country ohter than the one there in.
did it occur to you that China did won world war II in the fact that it aided America in striking Japan via air.

If it weren't for China holding off 50 Japanese Divisions stationed in their territory during the duration of World War II, who knows what japan coudl've done. Maybe invade australia? 50 divisions is pretty damn big.

oh and one more thing, you have an entire UN secuirty council dominated by western powers.. wow that's equality isn't it? You wouldn't want to put Japan in.. if they did then you would be crazy....

my 2 cents

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)