Napolean said China is a "Sleeping Giant, when she awakes she will shake the world" (2 Viewers)

Roman

Originally posted by Thomas_wow
Roman, i think you've watched too much star trek

"china will build satellites which will carry missiles and attack anyone in the world!!1111"

or you've been watching a few too many late night conspiracy theories...
Uhuh, whatever. That's just a theory that some historians/ananlysts have, but think of the intelligence advantages of a sattelite system. Just like the Americans, China can have access to information on military bases, armies etc.

Last edited:

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
Just curious, does anyone know if the chinese are joining the Europeans in creating a new satellite system, ie rival to GPS

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by Roman
You are talking about Chinese people here, therefore you are talking about China.
it's this messed up sense of nationalism that will continue to keep china stuck in the past

Originally posted by Roman
Whoever said they were forming an empire through brute force? Have you seen Chinese economic policy? They draw all the manufacturers to the sweatshops in China and Asia, making all the 1st world countries dependent on them in an economic sense. They offer incentives to Chinese businesses and investors to put their money in American companies. Once they gain a large amount of influence over the American economy through it's corporations, all they need to do is pull their money out and the corporations will crumble. You think that China is a new Germany? It is not run by idiots and lunatics, the Chinese government knows what they're doing.
wait a second, you're telling me that encoraging americans put a small amount on money into china while the chinese invest large amounts of money into america is good economic policy? especially given that america could simply declare war to get out of any debts. and so what if they pull out their money? where are they gonna invest it then? not china, that's for sure, because china has nothing worth investing money into. so the money just heads overseas again and ends up back into the pockets of americans. sounds to me like the work of lunatics and idiots

Last edited:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
they reason why china can build a strong economy is because it has an endless supply of workers.
who would rather work for free than be shot in the back

Egg_666

btw... (targetted at everyone else BUT crazy homo)

space race is a great indicator of the level of technological and industrial advancement... doesnt mean shit on its own... jsut represents something good... if u get my meaning...

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhomo
who would rather work for free than be shot in the back
its not that bad in china....

Its more like, we'll pay you $1 a week :p, good luck getting a job that pays more.

But the main thing that is holding back china is corruption, ppl are just too greedy

Egg_666

one things for sure....

you couldnt say this shit about china whilst you were actualliy in there

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Originally posted by Egg_666
crazy homo a dick... i'll leave it to you guys to figure out
oh thats a big statement :rolleyes:
what is it exactly that YOU don't agree with?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
erm crazyhomo
i'm not the biggest fan of china
but do you actually know what you're talking about

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hey georgie, loved your latest speech, especially the bits where you mispronounced Abu Ghraib and refered to a foreign diplomat as "whatshisname"

Thanks.

I will now detail the countries and/or major organisations you have managed in your life:

I will now address the number of terrorist attacks on home soil you've had to lead the country through:

I will now list the number of economies you have pulled out of recession with a stimulatory policy mix:

I will now list the occasions on which you gave speeches to major audiences:

I will now list the major military forces that you are CIC of:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Difference being, none of that is my job, and I'm 16 years old. No one gives a shit if I can't remember a diplomat's name. :rolleyes:

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Ok, sorry it took me so long to offer my two cents worth but I decided to leave BoS and do some work. That lasted about two days.

China has a terrible record already, let me say that. Tainamen Square proved that humanitarian issues are low down on their list of worries.
China has the world's largest army easily. They don't need the greatest technology to threaten Australia, just the fact that there are twenty thousand Chinese for every Aussie ought to give you something to think about.
America though is fiercely protective of her title and should it ever come down to it, America would unleash everything in her arsenal. China wouldn't stand a chance, but neither would the rest of the world because there'd be a nuclear winter...so yeah let's hope friction doesn't develop.

And believe me it is shit to live in China, I studied it for four years because we had no other langauge to study. I studied how they live and it ain't nice by our standards.

Anyway, the most worrying thing is that the Cold War may restart and if that happens the closet thing to a world body, the UN is powerless.
China is one of the five major powers of the Security council and this is wrong. Not because I'm anit-China, but because they didn't earn their place.
The Un was formed by the winners of the second world war, and the Security Council was created as the only body that could take action and the five major powers who could stop any action went to four of the big winners, Britain, France (who really did nothing but be invaded, US and Russia. (Australia should have been there, we fought too). How China ended up there, i do not know.
But anyway, during the cold war Russia and America vetoed every action taken by the Security Council just to piss each other off. If friction develops between China and America then the Un may become powerless once more.

And by the way I heard that to build housing for the Olympics the Chinese government is simply kicking people out of their homes and destroying them to make temporary housing for the athletes.

But yeah, i have to agree with those above. If China is so great shut up about it and go live there. And the same goes for anyone else who goes on about a country ohter than the one there in.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by Toodulu
erm crazyhomo
i'm not the biggest fan of china
but do you actually know what you're talking about
haha, of course i don't. i am just making this up as i go along

But yeah, i have to agree with those above. If China is so great shut up about it and go live there. And the same goes for anyone else who goes on about a country ohter than the one there in.
By far the most intelligent post in this thread.

Go ride China's wave of economic prosperity!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)