• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Naturally smart (1 Viewer)

kow_dude

HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
so how do you explain the people who hardly study for an exam yet blitz it and do brilliantly
How do you know those "people" hardly study?
Those "people" you are referring to may have studied heaps but say they dont study at all to hide the nerdness.

Flekky

heh, newbie is an idiot
also, why is "people" in inverted commas?
is there debate as to whether they are people ?
maybe they are a super awesome race of ...things

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kow_dude
Those "people" you are referring to may have studied heaps but say they dont study at all to hide the nerdness.
Because I was one of them, of course I have started to study, it is so boring, but unlike most others at my school I pay attention in class which may be why even with study they still get good marks.

Saul

*ss
HSC
guys, this is a silly fucking argument...

whether or not people are born smart, at this point in our lives there is a great deal of difference in intellect. with reference to the HSC, the smarter someone is, the less they have to study to do well. i can't see how anyone could possibly justify that your UAI is in direct correlation to the amount of study you do, thats just silly.

now we have two types of people here, people who study and do well, and people who don't study and do well. the people who study are resentful, cause they had to study, and so they feel that people who say they don't study are just full of shit. you are unfortunately, really wrong, some people just don't need to study. The people who didn't need to study to do well, are just using this forum as a place to show off their intellectual prowess....

why can't we all just get along?

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by kow_dude
i KNOW people who have said they haven't touched a book, and then they come out and accidently tell you they actually have touched a book

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by iambored
i KNOW people who have said they haven't touched a book, and then they come out and accidently tell you they actually have touched a book
maybe you'd like to argue that, since you don't know anybody who said they've hardly studied and have actually hardly studied and did well in exams, therefore these people don't exist.

"smart" people don't grow on trees...

just look at all the posts on this thread and convince yourself of that...:p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by spice girl
maybe you'd like to argue that, since you don't know anybody who said they've hardly studied and have actually hardly studied and did well in exams, therefore these people don't exist.
no i wouldn't argue that. i was just pointing out that people can't trust everything other people say. i do know people who do nothing (well, seem to) and get good marks.

although, sometimes i would like to know different people's definitions of 'nothing'

is a roflcopter
HSC
i dont know anyone who does nothing and gets good marks
at the end of the day, natural talent is nothing without hardwork

Saul

*ss
HSC
bs bs bs. if you do hard work and you're naturally smart you can realli realli do well... if you are naturally smart and you do nothing, like literally nothing, you can't do well. but if you're naturally smart, and you pay attention in class, you can still do damn well. you don't need to work your ass off to do well if you're smart enough

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Newbie
at the end of the day, natural talent is nothing without hardwork
Originally posted by Saul
bs bs bs... if you are naturally smart and you do nothing, like literally nothing, you can't do well. but if you're naturally smart, and you pay attention in class, you can still do damn well.
i think you guys are trying to say the same thing, but it really depends on one's definition of 'good marks', 'hardwork' and 'damn well'... everything is relative.

is a roflcopter
HSC
lol
we are arnt we

all im trying to say is intelligence shouldnt be flaunted
especially in this "i did no work and i still beat you" sorta way
like this dude, going on about his sister as well:

Originally posted by Courtenay
hmmm...im one of those people...it always bugged my sister.....she a year older than me so people always put us in competition, and she had to work to get the marks i got without work...i felt guilty

llama

Saul

*ss
HSC
agreed, people with intelligence should be gracious in accepting praise, not forcing their greatness upon others

^___^
HSC
blah!

einstein failed maths in high school
*takes out his maths exam*

einstein likes physics
*thinks about relativity*

einstein is a shocking musician but loves music
*plays stero*

:D:D:D

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
yeah i read somewhere that einistein had an iq of 140 sumthing and darwin only 137.....

not sure bout the validity of such claims though...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
einstein failed maths in high school
*takes out his maths exam*
Where did you get this from? Einstein passed maths and actually excelled in Science and Mathematics, however, his school changed the grading system in the last year, where a band 1 was the highest band 6 became one making it appear that his marks had dropped dramatically. ;) Although he did fail his university entrance exam (keep in mind that he did it when he was 16) but that was because he was weak in French, however, he did pass it two years later. *I love a photographic memory*

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
I just heard Eistein liked to play around and not take work as seriously in high school...like he also got into trouble etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)