Naturally smart (1 Viewer)

Jeo

150 is pretty good... its like how good your pattern recognition and crap is, and how fast and powerful your brain is... something like that

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
just think, normal ppl get 100.
better-than-normal get more than 100...

we are all equal; just that some ppl are *equaller* than others...

is a roflcopter
HSC
i got like 65 in that national IQ test on TV

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
most peoples iq would go down just for watching it.

Saul

*ss
HSC
IQ is designed so that the average person gets 100.

never ever ever trust an online IQ test. ever. They make people think they're smart so that they'll pay to see an in depth analysis of how smart they are. according to online ones, ive got an iq of 180, ive done an actual one tho, and its not quite that high. IQ tests aren't supposed to have any pre learned knowledge, ie. if they ask any geography or anything, they're complete crap. Generally they follow patterns and the like.

is a roflcopter
HSC
IQ doesnt really matter for exams and stuff anyway

its all about what toothpaste you use

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
The underthesun formulae for calculating a person's potential:

Potential = Work*sin(IQ*pi/300)

Where work is in Homeworks.year^-1

See, if everyone works the same amount, anyone with IQ of 150 would reach the peak potential. However, anyone with higher IQ than that would be too arrogant to think, and their performance would go down..

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
Here's a concept for you to grasp quickly:
TastesGoodBut = Wanker
And everyone else that goes round saying how smart they are. Shut up. You can talk about how intelligent you are but if you do nothing with it then you are not only lazy - you are dumb, simple as that. No one wants to know how smart your mum tells you you are because a brain which you think is ultra powerful is not going to be much use to anyone in the real world if it sits on its ass.
You're pathetic and insecure for trying to find other people to sympathise with about failing the HSC because you're so lazy.

Last edited:

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Originally posted by Saul
i think we should all be socially arranged according to IQ.
'Socially arranged?'

how is society linear?

What do you define as the peak of society?

money? power?, are they a measure of social RANK

Even if I was the smartest person alive I wouldn't want either...

Just because YOU are despised by society and are perhaps sharper than your fellow man, dosen't mean you deserve to be at your 'high end' of society.

You for one would be a crap leader. What would society be like if everyone was ordered. Dullness. Ever person is a number. One giant rat race. Eventual savagery and backstabbing, distrust etc.

Saul

*ss
HSC
calm down, there's no possible way to ever arrange society, cause leaders and shit have to have a combination of intelligence and emotion and shit, i was just being an ass.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i'm not going to comment about this thread for fear of being stabbed *glares at toodulu and left-ism*

:p

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
ooh.. jumbo cactuar's gettin prickly... *steps out of the way of flying battleaxe..* =)
lol how funny would that be tho...
yeh this thread is quite interesting...

naturally smart ppl are those who catch on real quick.
(and who can do the smh 9-letter word in under 20 seconds five days consecutively...argh... the scary things i have witnessed....)

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
ooooh, target is sooo cool, but i never get the nine-letter word, too long :(

Kulazzi

HSC
There's thisa one girl who was in my class last year and she's not "naturally" smart. Like she absorbs the info and memorises them, like in science she knew the answers to the q's cos she like memorised the whole info needed for that test however in maths she just doesn't understand all the formulaes (and I don't see why we need the formulaes for our future career anyways :rolleyes: ) and doesn't fully apply herself to it like she does in science. In other words, she's not really smart although she does get high marks in most subjects :rolleyes:

pri

HSC
N/A
i dont believ ein natural smartness for the HSC, just coz ppl say and act as if they dont study doesnt mean they dont. Study for them might be paying full atention in class (which I never do) or reading a book on a train. Its not always a traditional slog.

I go to a selective schoool so I think I can talk about what is "SMART" , and I think the ppl that so called never do work and still get good marks wont really build a good work ethic for life. Sure that kinda shit may work in junior school, but HSC is mainly how hard and smart u worked. Perhaps smart in this context is being efficient, and some ppl are just more efficient than others.

Im not.

edit: ok I just realise how bitchy that whole lot sounds..so sue me Im streessseedd!!! I suggest u bypass this post

Last edited:

Saul

*ss
HSC
o piss off... in the context of HSC, how smart you are relates to how easily you can pick up concepts. I know of people who do HUGE amounts of study, and still don't know fuck all.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
and conversely, i know ppl who do very little study - and because they have the ability to pick up concepts relly quick, do better than most in the end. And tho it mightn't be a good work ethic, it gets ppl thru hsc pretty well - so i've seen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)