NBA passion (1 Viewer)

krn_boy

The actual All Star Game was a bloody good game! There was alot of nice plays, dunks etc. but since it was a close game, there was at least defense. Especially in the 4th quarter, plays were actually set rather because it was so close.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm that article raises a alot of good points. there are alot of players in the nba right now who are just that, walking highlight reels. darius miles anyone? couldnt bank a jumpshot if his life depended on it.

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
heh i was thinking d miles. remember harold miner, what happened to that guy

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
ummm i think harold miner got caught up in drugs..... i think, but yeah i remember him, he won a dunk contest in the 90s.

the problem with the nba now, is that its all about money. who can do the flashiest dunk, to earn sponsorship. they all play for themselves, not the team, which is why i think it is bs. and also you no longer have guys staying with there same team the whole career, eg. gary payton, karl malone, patrick ewing and hakkem, all played for the same team for so long, then they go to another team, i dont like that, no respect for the team.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
oh yeah and about college bball, the sydney kings newest import, chris carawell, played for duke, and he was the 2nd highest pint scorer there, but he ccouldnt make i in the nba, so now he is in sydney. i dont think you can compare the 2 leagues, as one is for young guys, while the other has a lot of players that have been around a while.

HSC
Originally posted by mr_speedy
ummm i think harold miner got caught up in drugs..... i think, but yeah i remember him, he won a dunk contest in the 90s.

the problem with the nba now, is that its all about money. who can do the flashiest dunk, to earn sponsorship. they all play for themselves, not the team, which is why i think it is bs. and also you no longer have guys staying with there same team the whole career, eg. gary payton, karl malone, patrick ewing and hakkem, all played for the same team for so long, then they go to another team, i dont like that, no respect for the team.
i dont think you can diss gary payton...i mean..he got TRADED to the bucks...its not like he signed in freeagency

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mr_speedy
oh yeah and about college bball, the sydney kings newest import, chris carawell, played for duke
theres been lotsa stuff on how duke make crappy players, see christian laetner and co

but carrawell isnt exactly tearing it up here too, good all-round player and good defender though. chris burgess, taipans new import also played with carrawell in duke

half of the michigan state team that won the championship in 2000 are playing in the nbl, dave thomas, ballinger, mike chapelle, kevin freeman

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
hahah christian laetner used to be the best white player in the league

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
lol. from the top of my head, kirilenko,gugliotta,ostertag, those two spanish guards and they have some croatian guy.

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
Utah: (bottom of the midwest with 27-30, but that record would still put them 6th in the east)
Carlos Arroyo - white
Curtis Borchardt - white
Gordan Giricek - white
Tom Gugliotta - white
Matt Harpring - white
Andrei Kirilenko -white
Raul Lopez - white
Greg Ostertag - white
Aleksandar Pavlovic - white
Raja Bell - not white, but not american so he counts
Jarron Collins - black
Michael Ruffin - black
Maurice Williams - black

and their black dudes are mostly benchwarmers/roleplayer type guys after they got rid of d-steve

who said white guys cant play? :D

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
all these new players entering the nba may be really good, but as u guys said they play for the highlight reels. eg. lebron, carmello, kobe when be started, jason williams when he used to be at the kings
no longer do u see the all-round team player - stockton, hakkem, pippen, reggie miller

and this years all-star weekend was just so shit, good damn dunk contest was so shit

wat do u guys reckon was the best recent dunk contest?
I reckon 2000, wit carter and mcgrady was really good, 2002 was not too bad.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
they have the ability to put on a show, and are driven by their egos at such a young stage in their careers, hence the highlight reel material. but anyway, if you watch lebron play( not including the all star rookie matches) you'll see he does more than just score from the odd alley and dunk. he's got pretty good all round court vision. At the moment, theres a few all round team players going around ,kidd( mr triple double), marbury, nowitzki, garnett etc

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
who cares about nba, all sydney grand final wooooooooooooooooohoooooooooo
we're gonna kill the pigs!!! going to buy tix tomorrow!!

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
kidd( mr triple double), marbury, nowitzki, garnett etc
those players are generally not of this new generation of show ponies. They have all been in the league for more than 8 years and have matured into team players.

as for kidd, he is the ultimate player currently, no one can match is skill in scoring and passing.

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
kidd doesnt score the bulk of their points, his fg% is pretty woeful (like nearly all nba guards) but you cant beat regular triple doubles
i'd still take garnett over kidd though

and d miles is starting to play well! keeping shareef on the bench, whodathunkit

HSC
garnett over kidd ANYDAY

garnett is just fricken unstoppable lol
dmiles? teeheehee!

lebrons makes some awesome passes in games..thats one thing im pretty impressed with

hmm i reckon the "newest" allaround player would be yao ming (this could be biased) :D

ummm...yeah 2000 dunk contest was the best in recent years...vince. tracy. francis...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)