Neatness of notes (1 Viewer)

selablad

HSC
jazzbaby said:
when i type up notes the HAVE to be in calibri font
i dont know why but i just cant study with times new roman lol
Haha, so do I, and for assignments too.

Except for chemistry my teacher refuses to read assignments in sans serif fonts...very weird...:D

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
selablad said:
Haha, so do I, and for assignments too.

Except for chemistry my teacher refuses to read assignments in sans serif fonts...very weird...:D
Theres a teacher who hates Times new romans, and he said something along the lines of, "If anybody hands in an assignment in Times New Romans, I will be a very hard marker for that assignment. " He also said "Never, never, and I mean never, use rainbow colored wordart."

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
theshortykatt said:
omg. your teachers are gay. its just a font.
The teacher isn't gay. He's sexist!! Grr, he lets the girls on the bus first, and he makes the boys put up the chairs while the girls get to leave, he makes boys carry heavy stuff like computers and moniters while the girls get to carry a keyboard or a mouse, and he gets angry at boys that don't carry more than a girl. And in class, if girls are doing something wrong he doesn't care, but if a boy is doing something wrong he gets angry at them. :(

But he's a really lazy teacher, nobody ever does any work in his class. They just play on the computers and never learn anything.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
My notes are always neat, coloured and dated. I like to have things organised and all pretty looking when I go and study :p
I think with both English courses though, it's all dot points in whatever pen colour I find.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
foram said:
Theres a teacher who hates Times new romans, and he said something along the lines of, "If anybody hands in an assignment in Times New Romans, I will be a very hard marker for that assignment. " He also said "Never, never, and I mean never, use rainbow colored wordart."
I use to do my assignments and extended responses in Tahoma size 10. Teachers told me off, so I have to space it and Times New Romans it now :angry: What a waste of paper...

selablad

HSC
theshortykatt said:
oh whine whine whine.

poor baby that the teacher is trying to turn the boys into gentlemen.

edit: what i meant in the context of teachers and printed font, is that they are pathetic if they wont mark any legible prints.
Well, I exaggerate a little. She will read it, she just says that she finds sans serif fonts so hard to read that she gets incredibly frustrated, then angry, then ends up hating the assignment so she marks it hard... I don't mind, it is just an extension of the "make the teachers happy and they will give you good marks" principle :D

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
theshortykatt said:
oh whine whine whine.

poor baby that the teacher is trying to turn the boys into gentlemen.

edit: what i meant in the context of teachers and printed font, is that they are pathetic if they wont mark any legible prints.
Yea, why do they have to be so picky about presentation.

Theres this teacher at my school who demands everything to be exactly as she wants. I remember in year 8, we had to write something in geography, and mine started with "How". The teacher chucked a giant tantrum at me saying "I told you to begin with 'In what way'! 'How' and 'In what way' mean completely different things!"

Then one of my friends looked up 'How' in a dictionary and the definition of how was 'In what way".

That was such a bad teacher. She gave the year 7's an assignment on their first day of school. :D

jellybelly59

HSC
hahaha my notes = fugliness... i just study mainly from textbooks...i only occasionally look back at my notes to see if i wrote any pointers the teacher gave us (LOL i try but sometimes my writing is so illegible i just give up :( )

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
jellybelly59 said:
hahaha my notes = fugliness... i just study mainly from textbooks...i only occasionally look back at my notes to see if i wrote any pointers the teacher gave us (LOL i try but sometimes my writing is so illegible i just give up :( )
Textbooks are the best. :D

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
ummm the neatness of my notes differs in each subject
id say maths and english would probably be the worst... but its still readable i guess.

My bio notes are heaps neat and my sac notes are alright.

I've always used Times New Roman font 12 for projects, but recently I've changed to Arial font 12 lol

It really depends on the person... some people are more of the 'visual' type of note taking while others are more 'words' type

jellybelly59

HSC
foram said:
The teacher isn't gay. He's sexist!! Grr, he lets the girls on the bus first, and he makes the boys put up the chairs while the girls get to leave, he makes boys carry heavy stuff like computers and moniters while the girls get to carry a keyboard or a mouse, and he gets angry at boys that don't carry more than a girl. And in class, if girls are doing something wrong he doesn't care, but if a boy is doing something wrong he gets angry at them. :(

But he's a really lazy teacher, nobody ever does any work in his class. They just play on the computers and never learn anything.
hahaha foram that is nothing! there is this teacher in our school who is exactly like that... BUT you're not allowed to listen to music in his classroom because apparently "it is against his religion" ROFL i was like as if!!!

Edit: forgot to say that the conquering chem book is crap for prelim... too vague... perfer jacaranda and chemistry contexts for making chemistry notes

bored of sc

HSC
My neatness of notes definitely depends on the subject:

> Religion - we haven't written anything anyways :rolleyes:

> English - we don't write THAT much in our books; what is in there is quite neat

> Maths - neat, has to be, use it so much :read:

> Chemistry - messiest cause we get booklets that cover the entire syllabus

> Music - no book, only booklets and folders

> PDHPE - very, very neat, has the most writing too (very important the book is) :uhhuh:

jazzbaby

HSC
our IPT teacher said that if we ever put word art into our assignments he wont accept it

haha

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
You people use wordart? I haven't used wordart since yaer six because of the amount of ink it uses. I also hate people that use borders in their assignments, seems like their sucking up tha's why i have never used a border.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Chemistry = all in my computer. Extremely neat & antiseptically clean like Seahaven Island.

Biology = same as Chemistry notes

Maths = no notes. Don't even have any exercise books for it. I just tend to carry tonnes of A4 papers and do them whenever I feel like doing. I need to stress the fact that they are extremely messy.

English = no notes. I write essays on computers. Quite neat & well-structured.

Business Studies = no notes yet. I need to start making ones.

SOR 1 = nothing yet.

HSC
For me its:

Adv English: My notes are extremely messy but work for me. I print notes of the net. Go through them and highlight anything i see as useful and sometimes i jot down some notes next to my high lighted sentences. I Also take my own during class and later extract the most valuable.

Biology: Don't really have any notes but should start making my own

Maths: Even though this is a subject i loath most, its nice and tidy. my working out is readable surprisingly

Visual Arts: All my notes are in my Body Of Work. if the work i do in class holds no value with my Body Of Work then i place it in another folder

Ancient History: This is similar to my approuch to Adv English

HSC
My notes are generally disgustingly messy, however the extent depends entirely on the subject:

Ancient History - there are A LOT of notes here. Because of this they are badly organised and messy. I always have to go back to my teacher and ask "what do you think that this was meant to say?"

English - not too many notes, but huge amounts of handouts. Again, everything is badly organised, but I manage to keep the handwritten notes neat.

Maths - fugly. Seriously. One of my friends (who I sit next to in Maths) is an absolute perfectionist. He has a panic attack every time my book gets 'too messy' (by his standards). I remember in term one he asked if he could rip the page out of my book because it was making him uncomfortable, lol. But I forgive him because he's a total maths genius and is extremely helpful!

PE - again not too many notes, but everything is generally organised.

Religion - was allright at first, I tried really hard to keep it all neat, but it hasn't been working much lately.

Bio - our teacher prints off the slides, which has all the notes on it, plus it also has a section next to each slide to jot down any extra notes. This means that my notes are REALLY NEAT! Any other (handwritten) notes are quite neat as well.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
babikakez said:
One of my friends (who I sit next to in Maths) is an absolute perfectionist. He has a panic attack every time my book gets 'too messy' (by his standards). I remember in term one he asked if he could rip the page out of my book because it was making him uncomfortable, lol. But I forgive him because he's a total maths genius and is extremely helpful!
Your friends cool.

I'm kinda like that about the cables at the back of my computer. I feel bad whenever I look behind my computer because it's soo messy, and nothing I can do can make them neat again!! Drives me insane, I understand how your friend feels about your book.
:D

bettina44

HSC
if you mean study notes i try to keep them as neat as possible cause i would be more inclined to study and concentrate better when your notes are pretty(i sound so dumb don't i)but its true.my class notes on the other hand is terrible,its all over the place and it would be crooked and when i run out of room i would write sideways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)