Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
My new arrival :eek:

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
Races can be completed again for more money if you are running low.

For Bounty and Milestones you can complete the required amount for one blacklist member and once you are onto the next blacklist member with incomplete Milestones you can complete those with the next blacklist member. This is useful when you get bored of trying to complete all Milestones at once before moving on to the next one.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
God, wtf is wrong with people, am i the only person who likes to put some rims on the car, maybe a new paint job and then tune it too the shithouse? Whats with all this rice crap? If i had an evo 8 is sure as hell wouldn't look like that. Roof scoops? Who the fuck needs roof scoops.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
well i dont know about nfs: most wanted but in nfsu2 you needed a certain "visual rating" to progress and get things like on a magazine cover., so u improve the visual rating with things like roof scoops, decals, carbon fibre hoods etc.

yeh i know what u mean tho, irl if i had an evo 8 it wouldnt look like that, nice rims? yeah nice paintjob? yeah aslong as no flames etc to make it look overdone. roof scoop? maybe aslong as it didnt cost 2 much nice system? a must have
carbon fibre hood and all the other bells and whistles? no

in nfsu:2 i had a nice celica that i got heaps of uniques for so it was like the best car in the game, but i kept it a nice shiny base red colour, with no flames and shit and no neons or anything or carbon parts, but i put a nice system in :d

transcendent

HSC
N/A
IRL i might add subtle body kits. front/rear spoiler and side skirt. this is only for the Supra. the Evo8/9, the WRX STi look good stock with the available selection of colours. i'd never vinyl or decal a car but in the game i add a bit to make it a bit unique.

i would never add roof or hood scoops or sports spoilers. i like the Supra, Evo8/9 and WRX STi spoilers as they are.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ok is this game worth getting on pc? i saw it at EB for 70$ and i dunno if i should get it... these types of games generally seem more fun on a PS2, but i dont have one right now

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ok i got it and i gotta say, iam impressed

it is alot better than underground 2 in a number of ways, improvements to a few thngs that annoyed me and overall a very different feel.
in some ways its not so good, because a few things have been iam sure what they would call "smoothed out" but i would call dumbing down. for example instead of graphics shop, body shop, performance shop and so on they now have "shop" which is the only place where u go for everything... kinda takes the fun out of exploring... also you dont have to drive to the races any more you select it from your garage... kinda simplified if u ask me, means that i hardly ever free roam except when i need to go to shop [ its like 10 second driving away from your garage anyways] cause all races, all events are accessed through the blacklist menu...

theres also a problem with this game obviously being ported from a console ganme... like mouse isnt used at all, and numbers are used[ where i am sure x, o and so on were used in ps2 version] kinda strange but i havent found any serious glitches or problems with the porting, and the actual playability, it runs quite nice, just thatits obvious and they didnt do much extra to fix it up for pc

now that thats out of the way, i was impressed with how it looked, very smooth, rather nice graphics pretty much what ive wanted to see in a street racing game for awhile[ dont bs me about driv3r, i reckon most wanted looks and plays better] the actual racing is typically need for speed's polished style which although abit unrealistic [ taking sharp corners at 250km etc] i admit is very fun to play...i like it how it blurs abit when u r really ripping along and the speedbreaker feature is really nice [ i only discovered it when i was racing no.13 lol, been so used to underground 2 that i didnt realise it was there or use it] and a fun addition to the game...i love pissing off the cops but they get hard to lose quickly.

the selection of cars is pretty good, but i was expecting a similiar order to udnerground 2 with the cars that they kept... i just won me a supra, but i dont see the celica in the shops which is a car i picked up before supra was available in underground2...speaking of winning, its kinda wierd the system of selecting those markers to try and get a decent prize...pisses me off, especially when iwant pink slips and i dont get it.

so yeah a very nice game,
8.5/10 for me, very good playability [especially how they chucked in online play] but a few flaws stopping it getting the 9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)