NEED HELP ATAR - IM SCREWEDDDD (1 Viewer)

milesmoraless

HSC
HEY GUYS, I need some advice. After my first 2 assessment blocks, I'm losing hope in actually getting a good atar ( 85+).

These are my subjects:
- Advanced Maths - Very Below Average Mark
- Advanced English - High Average Mark
- SAC - Top 10 Rank
-Physics - Bottom Rank Probably
- Economics - Average Rank

I still have another assessment, trials, and the actual HSC. But is it still possible to get a good atar? Appreciate Guys

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It is important to note that you still have school-based assessment tasks/exams to be completed, which constitutes a great opportunity for you to improve your position across your subjects. The weighting of those plays a role in determining the extent to which you can recover, i.e. perform favourably in order to receive higher ranks. The higher the weighting, the larger the difference that you can create. From the information that you have provided, it seems that going forward, Mathematics Advanced and Physics should be prioritised as they appear to currently be your worst performing subjects (possibly leading to an unfavourable rank and therefore hindering your progress towards your ATAR goal). This, combined with an effort to also improve your rank in Economics and (maybe?) Society and Culture whilst ensuring that you maintain your seemingly favourable performance in English Advanced, will hopefully allow you to attain a favourable position as you approach your HSC exams.

This brings us to our next point, which is the fact that HSC exams contribute 50% of your HSC mark (final mark) in each of your subjects, giving you a significant opportunity and incentive to perform at a level that is consistent with your ATAR goal or, with high determination, potentially receive an ATAR that exceeds your aim.

Of course, determining your current position and the ATAR that you might be headed towards as of right now more accurately requires additional information, such as your exact ranks in your respective subjects in addition to the number of band 6's achieved by your cohort in each of your subjects.

Most importantly, do not lose hope as your journey is far from over and you have a great opportunity to turn things around in your favour!

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)