Need help making a dc motor! (1 Viewer)

Jack Burton

ninja of the world
HSC
The assesment task is "make a simple homemade DC motor" i get bonus marks if it runs a simple machine... all i can find for a simple motor is the beakmans one, but i fail to see how it would run a simple machine for more than 60 seconds.

imoO

HSC
It's extremely hard to make one that will power a simple machine. Your construction has to be absolutely perfect or it won't run very well. However, if you do decide just to build a motor, check these out:

YouTube - A simple DC Motor DIY

YouTube - Home-made DC motor

YouTube - The simplest motor of the world <-- If you build this one, you MIGHT get bonus marks. The difficulty of twisting the wire to perfect shape and balance is very very hard. Took me 2 hours before mine worked. BTW you need electric conducting magnets at the bottom of the battery for this one (i.e neodymium?)

Hope it helps. If you need any help PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hmmm, you get marks based on how well a motor works? =\

HSC
Hey Aerath, i like to build stuff, you happen to no any resource/clip that teaches u to make like a complicated motor (not too hard :S) wanted to be the best out of my year group :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
LOL, I'm sure I'm not the right person to ask. Ask any SBHS, I'm the one that fucks up every and any practical we do, Physics or Chemistry. I'm probably the clumsiest guy in the grade. My DC Motor never worked. =(

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
What school do u go to? Because one of our assignments in physics was to build a simple DC motor.. if u have any Q about it feel free to PM me, i got 67/67 (100%) for it, mine was prob one the most innovative designs. I also helped my friend build one with a three phase armature , i do not suggest this ( it took 30 hours to file back metal for the armature and also runs massive risk of eddy currents if not done correctly) lol its very very hard. If u need ideas or wana know what material to use just let me know...

P.S i have a shitload of pics of it etc and a VERY detailed method of how i done it. If u need. PM me ur MSN

Last edited:

nwong6

HSC
LOL, I'm sure I'm not the right person to ask. Ask any SBHS, I'm the one that fucks up every and any practical we do, Physics or Chemistry. I'm probably the clumsiest guy in the grade. My DC Motor never worked. =(
Aerath + Chemistry Distillation prac = lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)