Need help with what subject to drop! (1 Viewer)

Visual arts film or Society & Culture Pip?

• Total voters

periodmami

HSC
Hey! Im stuck between dropping visual arts or society & culture.

Currently, I am doing
- Modern History
- Drama
- Visual Arts
- Studies of religion II
- English advanced
- Society and culture

Im currently ranked extremely high in all of my subjects (minus art because I failed to hand in the assignment on time, my mistake!)
Im hoping to pick up history extension for year 12, due to my high rank and marks, and I think that will be good, but i do not want to be doing 13 units.

Sooo. I am stuck between dropping visual arts or society & culture.

I know I should focus on what one I am best at or enjoy most, but I am very conflicted due to the major work.
I will be doing a script for my drama IP, history extension major work and either a film for art or a pip for society.
Im really interested in films/video and I would love to have a script and a film as 2 of my major works, but because of my good marks in society, i believe i could do well on the PIP too.

Do you guys suggest a video for Visual Arts in comparison to a Society & Culture PIP?
please let me know and thank you.

vinlatte

HSC

Currently, I am doing
- Modern History
- Drama
- Visual Arts
- Studies of religion II
- English advanced
- Society and culture

Im currently ranked extremely high in all of my subjects (minus art because I failed to hand in the assignment on time, my mistake!)
Im hoping to pick up history extension for year 12, due to my high rank and marks, and I think that will be good, but i do not want to be doing 13 units.

I know I should focus on what one I am best at or enjoy most, but I am very conflicted due to the major work.
I will be doing a script for my drama IP, history extension major work and either a film for art or a pip for society.
Im really interested in films/video and I would love to have a script and a film as 2 of my major works, but because of my good marks in society, i believe i could do well on the PIP too.

Do you guys suggest a video for Visual Arts in comparison to a Society & Culture PIP?
Woah, that's so many major works!

Maybe if you did a mini project to see which project you would want to do. Like plan out potential ideas and research methods on producing mock ups. Along the process, you might realise which subject you would prefer.

jojosiwa123

HSC
Hey,
It might be good to pick up history extension first and see what it's like, it's not always what students expect.
Personally I didn't find the ext "major work" to be too difficult- its only 2000 words if I remember correctly. Research is a big part of it which can be quite time consuming though.

In terms of the other subjects, it might be good to ask older students at your school about workload since quality and standards expected at different schools can vary.

periodmami

HSC
Woah, that's so many major works!

Maybe if you did a mini project to see which project you would want to do. Like plan out potential ideas and research methods on producing mock ups. Along the process, you might realise which subject you would prefer.
great advice thank you! i completed the mini-pip for year 11 society now and it was okay, starting my film for visual arts now too

periodmami

HSC
Hey,
It might be good to pick up history extension first and see what it's like, it's not always what students expect.
Personally I didn't find the ext "major work" to be too difficult- its only 2000 words if I remember correctly. Research is a big part of it which can be quite time consuming though.

In terms of the other subjects, it might be good to ask older students at your school about workload since quality and standards expected at different schools can vary.
thank you! I will make sure i can handle history ext, it sounds fun.

fridgmagnet

HSC

Currently, I am doing
- Modern History
- Drama
- Visual Arts
- Studies of religion II
- English advanced
- Society and culture

Probably drop SAC. period.

bluebutterfly33

HSC
I suggest VA but I'm just biased hahaha...

If you do well and create something eye-catching with your film there is a good chance they'll pick you for artxpress!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)