Need Related 'Merchant Of Venice' Text (1 Viewer)

ajboomboy

HSC
Hey so I've got a multi-model English Adv speech due in two weeks where we need to compare the Merchant Of Venice to a related text.

Through a 5-6 minute multi-modal presentation (speaking and images inclusive), evaluate how your prescribed text and a related text of your own choosing effectively represent ideas of the Common Module: Texts and Human Experiences. You need to choose one or two of the rubric points below and develop your own thesis:
 Texts may give insight into the anomalies, paradoxes and inconsistencies in human behaviour and motivations
 Texts invite the responder to see the world differently and challenge assumptions
 Texts express and reflect particular lives and cultures
 Texts represent human qualities and emotions associated with, or arising from, experiences.

I was thinking on doing a short story on love and prejudice but I cant find anything

Anyone have related text ideas?

angie_c@_@

HSC
Hey :) I think a poem would be a great related text because they're so much easier to analyse (filled with techniques)!

Maya Angelou writes great poems on racial prejudice and self-love!

I think the Harlem resistance is a great place to pick out nice poems for an essay based in racial discrimination

ajboomboy

HSC
Hey :) I think a poem would be a great related text because they're so much easier to analyse (filled with techniques)!

Maya Angelou writes great poems on racial prejudice and self-love!

I think the Harlem resistance is a great place to pick out nice poems for an essay based in racial discrimination
Hey Angie,

Thanks, heaps I've been looking at her poems and some really good ones.

Would you recommend any specific ones?

thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)