Need to lose 20kg :( HELP! (3 Viewers)

bubbly89

HSC
I wouldn't go for weigh yourself unless its something like once a week. Your weight flucuates every day by a kilo or so... so its really hard to measure it.

Also with the sizes its a bit silly as every brand has its own set of sizes. French connection is the worst, I fit into a size 6 there... which is really quite crazy as at the moment I'm probably a size 10. Though stay away from Alannah Hill, now that's a place guaranteed to eat at my confidence.

So I second the tape measure idea. To get you started measure your waist, neck, boobs, under boobs, belly button, hips, butt and thigh. That covers most of the problem spots known to man (you'll soon figure out your specific problem areas too).

With exercise in the summer I try to incorporate swimming into exercise. Its much easier running around on the in the water. Though air conditioned gyms = win.

kramxel

HSC
try going to the chemist and requesting picolax. a good bowel clear out does wonders to your wieght. i once shat out 2kg

PSHL

HSC
Dont fall into the trap of aiming for a certain weight! For one, its dangerous. And two, it has NOTHING to do with how you look.

You could be 40kg and look unfit just as you could be 50 kg and look great.

Same goes for anyone really, even for ppl looking to build muscle.

Don't aim for a weight, aim to look your best, whatever weight it is.

luv2luvurmama

HSC
Your a fatso!!! BAHAHAHAA
if ya want to uhm... i forgot what i was going to say

m.jakaran

HSC
You just simply cannot lose 20 Kg in 6 weeks without it being skeletal muscle mass as well as fat. To lose the weight healthily will take you at least 3 months. Sorry

HSC
Yeah I've sort of given up on the "losing 20kg", but will just lose weight till I look good to myself.
That's what I did, instead of only caring about reaching a certain weight I just aimed for a look that I felt comfortable with. That way every bit of progression I made meant something.

I would post a pic of me from the neck down - but internet probably isn't the safest place to do so! :shy:
It's safe enough with your face, let alone neck down :haha:

I'll post a pic of me later or put one on my page so you know what I mean.
Have you already posted one?

totallyconfused

HSC
I know a lot of people said it isn't possible - but just wondering why exactly isn't "spot-reduction" possible?

Whenever I've gained weight - it's always gone to my neck, shoulders, arms, bust. Why can't exercises make me lose fat there specifically?

I'm so frustrated atm - i've been trying to buy a nice dress for a big family occasion - but everything is VERY tight till bust (can rarely/barely fit into), and then below the bust is ok. My top size is 12-14 on border and my pants size is 8-10 size.

If I get a bigger dress size that's ok from the top - it's very loose from waist/hips.

Is there any way I can specifically lose weight on my upper body (bust and above)? Or just does anyone know why I gain weight there mostly?

aysan93

HSC
Coming from someone who plans to compete when there older, listen and stick to my advice if you cant do that , then you dont deserve to lose weight ( soz but its true)

45 minutes of cardio a day most likely jogging if you find it hard to jog during the day start at night (thats what i do) and go for 20 minutes a night to begin with then increase it gradually , however your diet must change this means:

DISHIPWINE !

NO lollies
No chips
No soft drinks
nothing that tastes good really...
AND NO CARBS AFTER 2...

Ok onto a diet follow this and u will lose weight but just make sure u do do exercise..

Breakfast - 2 eggs , protein shake , oats or banana

midday snack - protein shake or NATURAL peanut butter sanwhich made with wholemeal bread , white bread is evil. or nuts XD nom nom nom

Lunch- tuna with cous cous or basmati rice or salad its really quite flexible

Afternoon snack - same as midday...

Dinner - chicken breast or meat with salad - NO CARBS

Before bed - protein shake

And despite what idiots will tell you having protein and not working out WILL NOT make you fat. If you do start to workout however pm me and il help ya other then that best of luck

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
lol i think you dont have enough protien shake in your diet imo lol

and an important note:
working out in the morning burns fat
working out the afternoon burns sugar

so a morning run should do wonders

PSHL

HSC
Working out in the morning (ie before breakfast) doesn't increase fat loss, its a myth! Don't believe all that stuff because its not true.

Its like the myth about 'low intensity cardio is better because it burns more fat.'

Cowbell

HSC
Trim piece of your body that you don't really need. How often do you exclusively use your fourth and fifth fingers? Do you really need your forearms or shins? A simple home surgery could lose you all that weight in a day! Try cutting off your arm at the elbow, cutting the hand off your freshly lost limb, and reattaching the hand with glue or sticky tape! You're ideal weight is only a procedure away!

fancyflower3

HSC
hey
try eating a good healthy breakfast early when you get up
lunch early afternoon
and a smaller dinner earlier
and your metabloism starts slowing down at night time to prepare you for sleep
also lite snacks for morning and afternoon tea
regular intake helps regulate and increase you metabolism
and lots of water instead of fruit juices etc
hope this helps

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Bottom line is you have to eat healthily and exercise regularly (and be more active in your day to day life overall)

It has to be something which is sustainable in the long term otherwise you will put the weight back on which is why really restrictive diet plans/meal replacements/only eating certain foods when the moon is full etc are not good ideas. If you feel deprived of something eventually you will snap and binge eat which is obviously not good for you. You need to have strategies to control yourself. E.g. if you're craving chocolate, have a glass of water and go do something else for ten minutes. If you still really want it after that, have a couple of pieces and then go brush your teeth or something so you don't eat the whole block. Little things like that can help make a difference.

sannous1

HSC
Hey well for starters an effective way of loosing weight is doing it the right way, which is exercising and eating healthier. Loosing 20 kilos is alot , mayb aim for something like 7 , then when u get their say to urself i want to loose 5 more.

1) If you want to loose weight , you should usually plan what ur going to eat in advanced, eg the night before what ur going to eat for breakfast and dinner.

2)Make time to go to woolworths/coles or wherever to buy some healthier products

3) don't skip meals eg breakfast lunch or dinner , it will be hard for ur body to loose weight that way.

4) exercise 4-5 times a week, everyday if u even want. The best exercise i believe is walking/jogging. I don't enjoy gyms unless you want to tone in which u can do so later. Warm up before exercising is important. Try and time yourself. Start walking then later jog when , don't be too hard on urself and quickly start jogging ur body won't be able to handle it.

5) Don't try and cut down everything its nice to spoil urself every once in a while, but to a certain extent. for eg have acid once a week say if your going out for a party or something .

6) make being on a diet fun, try new exercises, try new foods encourage urself.

7) drink plenty of water

8) eat plenty of fruits and vegetables

9) Alot of people i know stop eating , though i don't think that is a good thing, jst try and cut down.

10) Dont eat at night like munchies or anything .

11) try sleeping earlier and waking up earlier (exercise in the morning so u feel fresh and good)

Um thats all i can think about for now, hope it helps Goodluck

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
lol this thread is filled with such pseudo-science ("no carbs after 2pm", lol, it also turns out that fat doesn't make you fat).

here's a link to a harvard's school of public health where they cover everything (including exercise) for a healthy life: The Nutrition Source - Harvard School of Public Health

adistar85us

HSC
so you just wanna lose 20 kg.

No diets are really necessary unless you want 'health'.Just eat less of what you normally would eat. Although caloric restriction proves to be just as beneficial to health.

For your height/weight I think your daily caloric intake would be around 1300-1400 kcal daily (depending on activity level) to weigh and maintain 42 kg. Dont try to go below 1000kcal, will slow your metabolism down and you'll get fatter once you up the caloric intake.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
OP probably stopped reading, but 40kg at 150cm is far too thin. You don't ever want to drop beneath 50kg. My bulimic friend was 150 and wasn't let out of hospital until she hit 50kg.

HSC
OP probably stopped reading, but 40kg at 150cm is far too thin. You don't ever want to drop beneath 50kg. My bulimic friend was 150 and wasn't let out of hospital until she hit 50kg.
i think it's dumb to make generalisations like that .. i'm about 45kg/155cm-ish and i would look shit if i weighed 50kg, it just depends on your build etc

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Just live on coffee and cigarettes. Smoke while you're jogging to make it more difficult. Then after you finish have a coffee and a smoke

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah I'm like 155ish and 41. And yeah I could stand to gain a few but I'd look shit if I was 50 kilos.

Go on the model diet. Water, cigarettes and a salad on the side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)