• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Nelson Mandela has died, aged 95 (1 Viewer)

Emily Howard

HSC
^ nooooooo, I believe HIV ruined South Africa...

its kind of hard to run your country when 5.7 Million people in it have HIV/AIDS... with 1 in 2 deaths attributed from complications to HIV/AIDS... try having a world class healthcare system in that circumstance...

and its easy to say you have a world class education system when its only available to those who are rich, successful and white...
hahahaha oh my god dis is so retarded

aids popped u rather late in da game mysteriously might i add

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
It was much worse before the ANC came to power.

The thing is though 90% of blacks living in south africa moved to or had ancestors who moved to south africa AFTER European settlement. They would often travel vast differences to get there, because the wealth available to them was unheard of in Africa. So yeah, the Europeans made things better for the black by the blacks own implicit reasoning, and the ANC have made things worse.
Source?

I just looked this up on wikipedia, the largest tribes in South Africa when there was first contact were Zulu and Bantu tribes and they're the largest ethnic group among blacks in South Africa today according to the percentage of the populations that speak Zulu and Bantu languages.

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
As human being sight is one of our major senses so when we try to describe a difference between peoples we use the most obvious thing and that is often a visual difference, if one person is black and the other is white, we will use their colour to distinguish them and if someone says to us which one stole the bike and we r a witness obviously the easiest way for us to describe the person is by their colour- the black guy.

It's not negative or derogatory it's natural and the only thing that is negative is when u bitch about it for 1000hrs and make the black person feel excluded because you are always bitching about their race but no1 will care if u describe a white guy as a white guy.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
You are a simple idiot who cannot understand logic. I really feel sorry for you.
You are a great comedian. I suggest you give up on acting or at least side track to comedy for a bit because you'll make millions (srs).

hmmm.... i dont get it? angsty would nt be the right word to describe it , how about a decent human being? and its not philosophy its a way of being human.
What did you hope to achieve with that picture? No shit our eyes are going to be attracted to the only bit of colour on the blank white page, even if it was black. We'd still have looked at it if the dot was any other colour - green, yellow, blue, etc - and even if the background was blue and the dot was red. It's just simple contrast and basic vector lines... it doesn't prove we're racist or anything other than the fact that we wanted to look at the display on the otherwise blank canvas. So if you were looking to make some sort of point (and I assume you were) it'd have to be some deep philosophical bullshit because otherwise you were just linking an irrelevant picture. What does this prove about your "way of being a human being" other than the fact your eyes are attracted to the only thing on an otherwise blank background?

And using "blacks" isn't racist when it isn't being used derogatorily to offend any one. Is "whites" racist in the same discussion? It is even more appropriate when discussing apartheid since... you know... the whole damn thing is based off racial segregation with the intention that different effects land on the different races which are largely separated by skin colour. What do you suggest we use? South African people? That's great for discussing the effects of apartheid. "The South Africans prospered while the South Africans lived in poverty." You need the distinguishing factor to properly elaborate.

Last edited:

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
You are a great comedian. I suggest you give up on acting or at least side track to comedy for a bit because you'll make millions (srs).

What did you hope to achieve with that picture? No shit our eyes are going to be attracted to the only bit of colour on the blank white page, even if it was black. We'd still have looked at it if the dot was any other colour - green, yellow, blue, etc - and even if the background was blue and the dot was red. It's just simple contrast and basic vector lines... it doesn't prove we're racist or anything other than the fact that we wanted to look at the display on the otherwise blank canvas. So if you were looking to make some sort of point (and I assume you were) it'd have to be some deep philosophical bullshit because otherwise you were just linking an irrelevant picture. What does this prove about your "way of being a human being" other than the fact your eyes are attracted to the only thing on an otherwise blank background?

And using "blacks" isn't racist when it isn't being used derogatorily to offend any one. Is "whites" racist in the same discussion? It is even more appropriate when discussing apartheid since... you know... the whole damn thing is based off racial segregation with the intention that different effects land on the different races which are largely separated by skin colour. What do you suggest we use? South African people? That's great for discussing the effects of apartheid. "The South Africans prospered while the South Africans lived in poverty." You need the distinguishing factor to properly elaborate.
So you want me to hold up a debate for you. Not going to happen. It was deep and it wasnt philosophical, It was just an analogy. And I will not respond to any other comments that critisize. I have experienced enough of this shit in real life and if you just want to go on about more bullshit, then you are free too.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
So you want me to hold up a debate for you. Not going to happen. It was deep and it wasnt philosophical, It was just an analogy. And I will not respond to any other comments that critisize. I have experienced enough of this shit in real life and if you just want to go on about more bullshit, then you are free too.
It's not going to happen because there's nothing to debate over. I just want to know what point you were trying to make with a basically irrelevant image that is supposedly an analogy for something (what?) that also somehow makes you a "decent human being".

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
It's not going to happen because there's nothing to debate over. I just want to know what point you were trying to make with a basically irrelevant image that is supposedly an analogy for something (what?) that also somehow makes you a "decent human being".
The analogy was simple: Instead of looking at the good things a person has done which is the whole white screen , everyone looks at the one black dot and criticizes them for it and scrutiny is common. eg. mandela. I dont need you to agree and this is not 'some deep philosophical bullshit'. It is simple.

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
The analogy was simple: Instead of looking at the good things a person has done which is the whole white screen , everyone looks at the one black dot and criticizes them for it and scrutiny is common. eg. mandela. I dont need you to agree and this is not 'some deep philosophical bullshit'. It is simple.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I still don't even understand what relevance this has to Mandela who is painted as a hero and highly respectable person (and that's a serious understatement) by the media (and generally everyone in the world) and because it is literally just SylviaB (who is arguably the biggest pot stirrer on BoS) that even thinks to look at any bad surrounding Mandela's actions.

Last edited:

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
You spelt Einstein* wrong in your sig both times lol

User5555555

HSC
“People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite... Man's goodness is a flame that can be hidden but never explained.”

hayabusaboston

HSC
Lol great argument

williamdaft

HSC
RIP Nelson Mandela.

He's one of the greatest figure in our lifetime.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
^^
Great Idiot/10, believes he has shown himself to be intelligent.
You are actually just a kid still aren't you? You are right when you say you will need to get better at a lot of things in life.

But see what I mean about the comedy thing?! You'd be excellent at it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)