New Forum Layout (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Actually i do hope the sub forums and the forums within those sub forums maintain the headers with the retractable option, because moderating might be a bitch, with all the different sub forums within the forums actually being in one big place :S

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
uh what happened to the uni forums?
the forums and sub forums have been clumpted into one.. its confusing.. which faculty of commerce belongs to which uni? :confused:

J

jhakka

I'd move the Education stuff down below Non-School and all that. It'd look better. :)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
umm its way different :p

education bit seems a bit out of placed.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
jhakka said:
I'd move the Education stuff down below Non-School and all that. It'd look better. :)
I think they did that to try and remind people that BOS is a site focused on education. Not on random banter.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
it doesnt really effect my browsing.

why? use subscribed forums in your usercp. i go directly to that rather than the main one.

alien

HSC
it's very different, might take some getting used to
sometimes it looks a bit squashed
nothing personal

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The way it is it would seem that it makes it more difficult for people to access the HSC forums and would therefore seem to somewhat discourage helping people.

jang

is not my real name
HSC
the education thing should always be open to see the 3 categories at the beginning...

thatd fix most probs i think

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
can the white be made more off-white. otherwise it's gonna hurt my eyes (since i spend so much time here, lol)

umm, yeh, it's a bit cramped, but i'm sure it isnt finished yet, i have 2 admit i thought VCE was gonna be in a completley diff section and i wouldnt have 2 worry about it

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
<- doesnt really like it as it makes the assumption that students know which KLA their subject belongs to (for some of the more obscure ones, you would be surprised asto the level of ignorance) plus you have still got subjects in the wrong areas eg PDHPE/Early Childhood/CAFS should be grouped as one KLA, History (whilst its a good idea to have it separate due to numbers) is technically a HSIE subject (not Social Sciences) and SOR is also a HSIE subject (though it is usually separate as well...and its definitely not an Arts subject!!)

Groupings should be as per the Boards groupings (for the HSC that is)

Also, why are the general forum left "untouched"? That crap should be the forums that are compressed, not the HSC subjects

/5 cents worth (cause there is no such thing as 2 cents.....misses the old days)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
AsyLum said:
Awesome :)

Thanks guys, great work once again.

*marek ;)
Maybe their could be separate faculties, such as Business, commerce, accounting, finance in the uni-general forum, so that all students studying this could communicat with each other, Irrespective of the uni they actually attend. But it looks neater, i guess but i was used to the old layout, so it will take time getting used to but good work.

J

jhakka

The Eductation section would be good if the Subjects in each area were listed in a smaller font below each area like before. It would take up a little bit of space, but if you list them and every so many lines move to another column it would be alright. The rest of the forums could be left in bulky format.

It would be good for the HSC and VCE sections, but not so much for the unis. Perhaps if the separate unis are listed in columns rather than across the page, it would look better. :)

Yeah, just look at the image. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
jhakka said:
The Eductation section would be good if the Subjects in each area were listed in a smaller font below each area like before. It would take up a little bit of space, but if you list them and every so many lines move to another column it would be alright. The rest of the forums could be left in bulky format.

It would be good for the HSC and VCE sections, but not so much for the unis. Perhaps if the separate unis are listed in columns rather than across the page, it would look better. :)

Yeah, just look at the image. :p
i like the suggestion :)

T

timbk2

Korn said:
Maybe their could be separate faculties, such as Business, commerce, accounting, finance in the uni-general forum, so that all students studying this could communicat with each other, Irrespective of the uni they actually attend. But it looks neater, i guess but i was used to the old layout, so it will take time getting used to but good work.
yep, we'll be doing that soon

Generator

HSC
N/A
I think that there is a need for a Cumberland sub-forum within the USyd forum. Apart from that...

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
tactic said:
So what do you guys think??

I know it will take a bit of getting use to, but it was the best i could come up with to make sure everything wasnt clutered with the indroduction of Victoria.. If you have any suggestions please let me know!

marek.
I like.

-------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)