Newcastle Uni - turning shit. (1 Viewer)

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
hahahaha. all the primary first years are going on about that guy!

They were talking about how he was trying to give them an example of using tone in a sentence. He said the same sentence twice, supposedly using different tones and they were all like :confused: "what's the difference?"

em_516

bludging..
HSC
no way, he's GREAT..i LOVE when he makes baby sounds :p

edit: and did you have the lady too? i think she's dutch or something..the one who has some kind of weird epileptic fit thing..that's not really epilepcy..yeh..weird..

Last edited:

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
haha first year subjects were easy peasy
i still have 2 first year subbies to go tho :(

RupertIsTheOne

HSC
Hold on a moment. While I can't speak about James or Janet, I reckon Andrew Nadolny is one of the savviest lecturers around here. He seemed right across the theory every time I asked him about it, and he always responded straight away to my e-mails.

I think the problem is that, from what I have seen in tutorials at any rate, that "certain" students in our year (and maybe in previous years?) don't seem to have the faintest grasp of economics, while others are at a genuine graduate level. What were the pre-requisites for this couse anyway??? To try a "one-size-fits-all" explanation of basic concepts (as Dr. Nadolny is required to do) is to sail between the Scylla of confounding the simpletons, and the Charybdis of boring the rest of us to tears. Inevitably, you aren't going to please everyone. I don't envy his predicament.

Anyway, I give Andrew Nadolny ten out of ten for effort this year. Can't say the same about some of the ding bats sitting next to me...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
lol at 6 month old posts being bumped

blueberryeeeeek

HSC
N/A
mr_will i have to totally agree with you.

the delivery of the podiatry course at ourimbah campus has been appalling thus far.

all of the problems which you so eloquently state, are alive and well in our course as well.

staff do not answer student questions, lecture delivery is far less than adequate. one staff member has actually said to distressed students: "JUST GOOGLE IT"...

this is my second university degree. i have to say: my old university ROCKED compared to this place. staff were very helpful, and actually gave a stuff about getting their students over the 'pass' line.

here at newcastle, the emphasis seems not to be on 'passing' as such, but rather, constant awareness of academic failure.

i urge prospective students to be aware of mr_will's post : he speaks the truth!!

All my love and best wishes,

aunty blueberry
XXOO
2nd year podiatry

Mr Will said:
now this is only my second year at uni so I dont want to be too hasty in judging...but in all of my subjects it seems that the lecturers arent effective in communicating the subject materials, they dont bother trying to explain things when people dont understand them, dont respond to emails etc etc.
in combination with tutes now being once a fortnight instead of once a week, im struggling to find justification in the cost of subjects these days

anyone have thoughts?

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
UGFighter said:
You're one to threaten someone's identity when you won't reveal your own aren't you?

Anyways, I couldn't give a fuck... I'm pretty sure most people would know who I am.

I'll save you the trouble:

Andrew Schonberger
6 Leroy Close,
Hillsborough. 2290.

(02) 49 432 346
0421 449 309

Call me, visit me, do whatever... I really don't give a fuck as I'm generally only home when I'm sleeping... anyone visiting at those hours in the morning would have the living shit belted out of them + more.

How about you post your real name or at least let others that you know from BOS, know who you are? Ohh, I forgot... you're the size of a house.
lol what a guy.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Hillsborough is near where I live. I should go to his house so I can assert my internetting supremacy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)