• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

nexttttt (1 Viewer)

ALGALELE

Superman
HSC
nope i didnt get any marks even though i had spent so much time memorsiing the experiment lol...the whole clas got it wrong so that kinda made me feel good lol..... but ye my teacher is REALY HARD MARKER

Takuto

HSC
ALGALELE said:
nope i didnt get any marks even though i had spent so much time memorsiing the experiment lol...the whole clas got it wrong so that kinda made me feel good lol..... but ye my teacher is REALY HARD MARKER
thats sooo stupid lol

that marking is TOO hard ahaha

you get 0 for giving the correct answer :p

dolbinau

HSC
ALGALELE said:
Well, they got it completely wrong IMO which isn't hard marking just incompetence :p.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
oh, if they give us a question where we have to write the aim, method, conclusion etc
make sure you write 'to .... blah blah blah' in the aim because a person in my class lost a mark for not writing 'to' :rolleyes:

pooja_107

HSC
SOMEBODY HELP! i dont know what they mean in the dotpoint- "explain, using specific examples, the importance of correct interpretation of signals by the brain for the coordination of animal behaviour" ------------WHOEVER DOES COMMUNICATION PLS HELP ME OUT!!! THANKS

ALGALELE

Superman
HSC
lol location- the place with the arabs??
lol.......dnt tell me you live in bankstown too

ALGALELE

Superman
HSC
pooja_107 said:
SOMEBODY HELP! i dont know what they mean in the dotpoint- "explain, using specific examples, the importance of correct interpretation of signals by the brain for the coordination of animal behaviour" ------------WHOEVER DOES COMMUNICATION PLS HELP ME OUT!!! THANKS
hmm, considered opening a textbook?

ALGALELE

Superman
HSC
Takuto said:
HAHA, nope =]

fairfield lol
ahaha lucky you!
i hope my 94553957395636349647 iraqi cousins there arent anoying you lol

dolbinau

HSC
pooja_107 said:
This one is pretty self explanatory :), basically, just talk about the activity/function of the brain and nerves being necessary for the 'co-ordination of animal behaviour'

e.g the Cerebellum controls precise muscle movements, if this area of the brain does not interpret nerve signals correctly (e.g by Damaged nerves or by being damaged itself e.g tumor) then brain will not be able to co-ordinate muscle movement properly (or at all) - You can apply this to anything, talk about Eyes and the Optic Nerve/photoreceptors/visual association/perception areas or the Ear and hair cells/auditory association/perception areas.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
ALGALELE said:
lol location- the place with the arabs??
lol.......dnt tell me you live in bankstown too
haha umm no not in the suburb itself. PM back, u probably know my bf.

whenever i think of the immune response i have a mental picture of little cell things in armies divided into classes. i guess it could be a way to actually get the whole idea, but putting little faces of cells to their name.
ok that was lame.

Takuto

HSC
dolbinau said:
This one is pretty self explanatory :), basically, just talk about the activity/function of the brain and nerves being necessary for the 'co-ordination of animal behaviour'

e.g the Cerebellum controls precise muscle movements, if this area of the brain does not interpret nerve signals correctly (e.g by Damaged nerves or by being damaged itself e.g tumor) then brain will not be able to co-ordinate muscle movement properly (or at all) - You can apply this to anything, talk about Eyes and the Optic Nerve/photoreceptors/visual association/perception areas or the Ear and hair cells/auditory association/perception areas.
in success one, they add how animals should correctly interpret mating signals or their species will die out

touch and stuff or they might think the other animal wants to fight, lol

there are more, but i forget

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
gloworm14 said:
haha umm no not in the suburb itself. PM back, u probably know my bf.

whenever i think of the immune response i have a mental picture of little cell things in armies divided into classes. i guess it could be a way to actually get the whole idea, but putting little faces of cells to their name.
ok that was lame.
thats cute

I think of a videogame, because my bio teacher found some article in time years ago where they explain the immune system as a videogame

gcmk

HSC
For the syllabus point: Explian why processes of diffusion and osmosis are inadequate in removing dissolved nitrogenous wastes in some organisms.

is it because: diffusion is a slow process and osmosis is the movement of water so wastes would stay in the body? are there any other reasons ? i don't get it.

dolbinau

HSC
In the microbes experiment. What is that thing called that we sterilise in the bunsen burner and swipe the food on the agar plate with?

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
dolbinau said:
In the microbes experiment. What is that thing called that we sterilise in the bunsen burner and swipe the food on the agar plate with?
err.. tweezers?

haha i had a mental blank in the trial on the name of the tools we had to use to dissect the sheeps brain. instead of scalpel i put metal tools LOL

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
gcmk said:
For the syllabus point: Explian why processes of diffusion and osmosis are inadequate in removing dissolved nitrogenous wastes in some organisms.

is it because: diffusion is a slow process and osmosis is the movement of water so wastes would stay in the body? are there any other reasons ? i don't get it.

Also, diffusion only occurs when the concentration of nitrogenous wastes is greater in the blood than in the tubule, so would only occur until concentrations equal each other and not remove all of the the wastes

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
gloworm14 said:
err.. tweezers?

haha i had a mental blank in the trial on the name of the tools we had to use to dissect the sheeps brain. instead of scalpel i put metal tools LOL
my teacher called it an inoculating loop, but maybe we used something different to you

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
do we need to know this for antibodies? ( from resource notes on site)

§ Antibodies inactivate/destroy antigens in 4 ways:
Ø Neutralisation: They can stick to the binding sites of viruses, or disable bacterial toxins by coating them. These are then engulfed by phagocytes.
Ø Agglutination: Antibodies ‘clump’ together solid antigens such as bacteria, combining many bacteria into a solid mass. This mass is then engulfed.
Ø Precipitation: Soluble antigens are stuck together by multiple antibodies, and are precipitated out of the solute (plasma). Phagocytosis follow.
Ø Complement Activation: The antibodies can stick to the surfaces of bacterial cells, acting as tags for destruction by complement proteins.

ALGALELE

Superman
HSC
gloworm14 said:
do we need to know this for antibodies? ( from resource notes on site)

§ Antibodies inactivate/destroy antigens in 4 ways:
Ø Neutralisation: They can stick to the binding sites of viruses, or disable bacterial toxins by coating them. These are then engulfed by phagocytes.
Ø Agglutination: Antibodies ‘clump’ together solid antigens such as bacteria, combining many bacteria into a solid mass. This mass is then engulfed.
Ø Precipitation: Soluble antigens are stuck together by multiple antibodies, and are precipitated out of the solute (plasma). Phagocytosis follow.
Ø Complement Activation: The antibodies can stick to the surfaces of bacterial cells, acting as tags for destruction by complement proteins.
huh..wdffff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)