Nice places to go within 3km of UNSW and accessible by bus (1 Viewer)

mirachael

HSC
For racking up opal trips

Last edited:

mreditor16

HSC
what do you mean by nice places? for food, entertainment, like what?

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
In terms of shopping centres:
I went to Eastgardens Westfield just south of UNSW during my 5 hour break and it wasn't that great.

I've been to Moore Park supra centre (long time ago before coming to UNSW) also (not sure if 3km range) but that too was quite boring.

Best bet is either Coogee beach or Maccas across the road LOL.

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
For food:

Chargebar @ Regent Hotel is good food and beer. It's on the corner of Anzac Parade and Middle St, so walking distance.

You could always try every restaurant up and down Anzac Parade. There's Ogalo if you are into burgers and chicken.

mreditor16

HSC
how do you guys rate the food within unsw? any good places to recommend?

D94

HSC
N/A
We have Guzman so they can sate your Mexican appetite. The Terraces are popular and have good range - try them all out. Pretty much anywhere you can pay by card is good quality. The Mathews Food Court is sometimes good, sometimes very ordinary. They have Stock Market which is very popular. A lot of Asian restaurants (Indian, Middle Eastern, Japanese, Chinese etc.) which are also popular but quite expensive. We also have Subway. The Quad Food Court is decent, such as the meat boxes and the sandwich shop, but those are pretty expensive sandwiches and their juices are not worth buying. There are small restaurants at the top of the Roundhouse which apparently has some nice food, but I haven't tried it.

Coffee is abundant. Bluestone cafe and the cafe in the AGSM are good. I think the Coffee Cart is overrated, especially with their prices. Tyree coffee is quite nice as well, as well as their choice of green tea.

Overall, you should find something for you. Now, how big is your wallet?

mreditor16

HSC
We have Guzman so they can sate your Mexican appetite. The Terraces are popular and have good range - try them all out. Pretty much anywhere you can pay by card is good quality. The Mathews Food Court is sometimes good, sometimes very ordinary. They have Stock Market which is very popular. A lot of Asian restaurants (Indian, Middle Eastern, Japanese, Chinese etc.) which are also popular but quite expensive. We also have Subway. The Quad Food Court is decent, such as the meat boxes and the sandwich shop, but those are pretty expensive sandwiches and their juices are not worth buying. There are small restaurants at the top of the Roundhouse which apparently has some nice food, but I haven't tried it.

Coffee is abundant. Bluestone cafe and the cafe in the AGSM are good. I think the Coffee Cart is overrated, especially with their prices. Tyree coffee is quite nice as well, as well as their choice of green tea.

Overall, you should find something for you. Now, how big is your wallet?
I don't mind paying around 15 bucks a day. I think.... Probs less.

But yeh thanks for the info!!

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
In terms of shopping centres:
I went to Eastgardens Westfield just south of UNSW during my 5 hour break and it wasn't that great.

I've been to Moore Park supra centre (long time ago before coming to UNSW) also (not sure if 3km range) but that too was quite boring.

Best bet is either Coogee beach or Maccas across the road LOL.
Moore Park is the best

and SCG

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
There's Ogalo if you are into burgers and chicken.
There's also Ole which I find better personally. Also, you can take a short bus trip for Ole and Ogalo. I used to do that on mymulti2s.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
The Ritz cinemas in Randwick (catch the 370 or that metro bus (m30?) from upper campus bus stop). For arc members, $8 normal admission and $5 on mondays :D

If you want a cheap feed then go IGA hot food section where they have sheesh kebabs, chicken wings and other stuff.

integral95

HSC
The Ritz cinemas in Randwick (catch the 370 or that metro bus (m30?) from upper campus bus stop). For arc members, $8 normal admission and $5 on mondays :D

If you want a cheap feed then go IGA hot food section where they have sheesh kebabs, chicken wings and other stuff.
The foods at IGA are kinda bad IMO, I got really sick with their hot chips once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)