Night-Before Study (1 Viewer)

q3thefish

HSC
play the violin with my wrist and somethin sharp -.-

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm not a cram person....hence, I go to sleep fairly early the day before an exam. About 9-10.

mckensara

HSC
i study consistantly
but the night before i always cram to 11

get up at 6 and cram until my 8 am exams...

don't know if this is counter productive...

HSC
agree with all the others... The night before big exams i don't do much late at night... I might doa practice question if i'm really unsure, but i'll read over notes (only reading) and make sure i get to bed real early :d lots of sleep...
+1

Black Hawker

HSC
When I did the HSC, I normally slept at 12 (except English which I stayed to 1am), and woke up at 6am to go through it for an hour. Worked for me, but not everyone can do that.

Best advice though, is to get at least 8-10 hours sleep.

bubblesss

HSC
i'd say try to get to bed at the most by 1 am !
i had my trials last term and i found that i did better in subjects where i had a good nights sleep =)

Dannnyku

HSC
I cram like crazy to 3am or later because i'm a procrastinator. It's really not as effective, but sometimes you have to do it!

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
night before study = the heart and soul of my HSC studying routine
maybe thats why my marks/ranks have slipped since year 11

for example.
i have not yet read over my notes for english paper 2 trial exam
i started the notes yesterday and finished them this arvo
when is the exam?

tomorrow of course.

if procrastination was a sport id be a world champion.
FAIL.

spoonbender

HSC
play the violin with my wrist and somethin sharp -.-
lmao

Anyway, I am a very short term thinker much to my detriment. Night before the exam, I just copy out of my book like crazy and hope that some of it sticks. I remember about 85% of it, but my marks are still crap because I'm just crap at exams.

I did do some study in the holidays just gone but I remembered absolutely nothing from it come my trials so that makes me feel a little better - even if I did spend all my holidays studying it would've gone to waste. Well, that's how I prefer to think about it anyway.

Freakstyler09

HSC
It depends, for me cramming sometimes work really effectively, especially for humanity subjects, but yeah, I usually study to up to 12, the night before.

jonowang

HSC
holidays- absolutely no work just relax
days before exam- quick read over notes
night before-just sleep, no study

Blobulator

HSC
Like a few of the above posters, I really just get absolutely nowhere in terms of study during the holidays. Mainly reserved those for my two major works plus general relaxation to recharge after assessment and exam periods.

In terms of actual study-study though... I must say I'm a bit of a procrastinator. I still try and study somewhat consistently for a week or two before an exam, or longer depending on the amount of exams and how they are on the timetable, but I ramp it up the closer it gets. Sometimes one subject gets neglected over another though and I absolutely cram until 12am or 1am the night before, but *generally* I try and get the minimum 8 hours sleep so I'm refreshed, then get to school early and do a quick skim of notes in areas I'm not sure of.

Cramming seems to work better for me in the long-run though. I seem to remember things better in bursts than consistent yet divided study.

Pinkerbell

HSC
It depends on how tired I feel. If I feel okay, then I'll read over my notes, skim throught the textbook and do a few more practice questions. If I feel even a little tired, I go straight to bed.
There's no point in staying up late if I'm going to be exhausted the next day.

F M L

HSC
I always study the night before.. And I always leave it till like 11-12 then study 'till like 3 or 4

Vandalism

HSC
Cram my little heart out until I feel sleepy, then once I am tired, just sleep and wake up early on the exam day to cram a little more.

I also enjoy reading notes on my way to walking to school. =]

As someone in this thread mentioned: maximum marks for minimum effort is how I like to play it.

0hNivlek

HSC
I'm cramming for Society & Culture trials now! Sleep early and then alarm set to 5am for last minute cramming. fml.

Cloesd

HSC
So what is everyone's take on studying the night before for the exam the next day?
I mean, yeah, study weeks prior for the exams so you absorb a lot.

But how much study should you do for the next exam the night before, if any?
It depends on your ability to retain things.

Sure you can go ahead and study 6 months before an exam, but when the exam starts, can you remember the things learnt at the beginning of the 6 months?

And if you can, why study at all, just learn it once in class. If you can't, study night before, regurgitate it onto a page the next day, forget it for life.

Those are the two extremes, find somewhere nice between there.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
i can only study at night...
and yeah, i absorb everything fine :)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I always sleep no later than 12am the night before an exam - otherwise i'll be feeling like crap in the exam which isn't a good idea XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)