No ATAR

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
doubt atar will really matter to employees its just ATAR for university applications ... and then getting some mad qualifications :D

getting an ATAR is a pretty big deal if u wanna get into uni and do the course u need to get the qualifications for ur future job.. PLUS... its like 1 entire year of your life.. if u come out with nothing youd b pretty damn pissed off
I'll add to that... not just 1 year of your life.. but 1 torturous year of year life which is considered to be one of the hardest you will ever face!

Some people are just too stupid to understand that! *sigh*

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
The main purpose of an ATAR is to get into uni. An ATAR would be helpful for you for a job perhaps, but at least complete Yr 12, cause if you don't finish HS then it's REALLY hard to find a job.

What do you want to do? Many jobs don't require uni.

bouncing

HSC
The main purpose of an ATAR is to get into uni. An ATAR would be helpful for you for a job perhaps, but at least complete Yr 12, cause if you don't finish HS then it's REALLY hard to find a job.

What do you want to do? Many jobs don't require uni.
many shit jobs dont require uni... (sorry had to say that)

chromatic now now lets not dramaticise it too much and scare the living daylights out of any 2011's wandering this page haha

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
many shit jobs dont require uni... (sorry had to say that)

chromatic now now lets not dramaticise it too much and scare the living daylights out of any 2011's wandering this page haha
Thats the truth though... many shit jobs dont require uni indeed, all the good ones do. If McDonalds is your thing, dont bother with this year.

And 2011's, boy you guys are in for a nice year next year :D

bouncing

HSC
haha yep, but back to the point of this forum

SERIOUSLY FIND A WAY TO GET MORE UNITS SO YOU DONT HAVE TO DO PATHWAYS OR SOMETHING COS THAT WILL BE MEGA SHIT AND YOU WILL NOT ENJOY IT.

i've got friends who'r doing it this year and they regret it seriously plus it probably feels like SHIT if you do worse.

Alexrules01

HSC
Thanks everyone for there feedback.
I'm going to stick at it... I know theres much less pressure on me though :)
I'll just get me HSC then go to TAFE... get some qualifications there ;)
Also I think from memory I can do a course next year at TAFE if I wanted my ATAR... just make up 2 more units
Once again, thanks...really appreciated!

lightsjustright

HSC
Thats the truth though... many shit jobs dont require uni indeed, all the good ones do. If McDonalds is your thing, dont bother with this year.

And 2011's, boy you guys are in for a nice year next year :D
you can get a degree and still get a shit job
you can not get a degree and still get a good job
you're so pretentious
grow up

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
you can get a degree and still get a shit job
you can not get a degree and still get a good job
you're so pretentious
grow up
You CAN get a degree and still get a shit job, true!
You CAN not get a degree and still get a good job, BUT, you make it 100x harder on yourself!

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
I'll add to that... not just 1 year of your life.. but 1 torturous year of year life which is considered to be one of the hardest you will ever face!

Some people are just too stupid to understand that! *sigh*
stfu there are harder years than the hsc..

uni subjects like anatomy and psychology own any subject in the hsc

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
stfu there are harder years than the hsc..

uni subjects like anatomy and psychology own any subject in the hsc
And how many people do those exactly? I'm referring to *MOST* people here...

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
more degrees than you realise have these as units for them...
Wait a minute what am I thinking! ahahaha!

So you're telling me that PASSING Uni courses is harder than getting 95ish ATAR to get into them in the first place? Cmon, dont make me laugh! :haha:

lightsjustright

HSC
You CAN get a degree and still get a shit job, true!
You CAN not get a degree and still get a good job, BUT, you make it 100x harder on yourself!
why can't you just admit that you are taking a very narrow perspective on this issue
you make too many careless assumptions
like that doing the hsc + uni degree aren't difficult years, and hard on people, especially on those to whom it is unsuited
and that everybody can only achieve their best in uni and through the hsc

i feel sorry for you because you're getting a lot of hate
but you shouldn't make large, oversimplified and potentially offensive statements
like what's up with that mcdonalds remark
rude

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
why can't you just admit that you are taking a very narrow perspective on this issue
you make too many careless assumptions
like that doing the hsc + uni degree aren't difficult years, and hard on people, especially on those to whom it is unsuited
and that everybody can only achieve their best in uni and through the hsc

i feel sorry for you because you're getting a lot of hate
but you shouldn't make large, oversimplified and potentially offensive statements
like what's up with that mcdonalds remark
rude
You're right, the McDonalds remark was harsh, and I'm sorry for it. I'm not implying that people are idiots for not getting into Uni, and have to go and work at Macca's. I'm implying that if you have NO CHANCE whatsoever to get an ATAR, going through the pressures and stress of this year is quite simply: NOT worth it!

twistedrebel

HSC
dude chromatic your fucking retarded, i know a guy, dropped out at the end of year 10. Joined the Public service and 6 years latered earns 110k. I know investment bankers with 0 degrees earning 300k+

also your going to get a shit ATAR, judging by your posts. Also HSC isnt that hard compared to other shit in your life.

bouncing

HSC
i agree that HSC isnt that hard and we're probably taking the wrong take on this by making it seem as some major determiner of LIFE. when really its just a determiner of university.

however, i do agree with him to a point- getting a degree with qualifications does make life easier in that you have both skills and experience

@twistedrebel the number of people who drop out and then turn into amazing human beings (ie. Bill Gates) make up a very small amount of our population and are honestly just LUCKY or naturally gifted+talented... its not that easy for the rest of us...

timw7845

HSC
You're right, the McDonalds remark was harsh, and I'm sorry for it. I'm not implying that people are idiots for not getting into Uni, and have to go and work at Macca's. I'm implying that if you have NO CHANCE whatsoever to get an ATAR, going through the pressures and stress of this year is quite simply: NOT worth it!
you're a narrow minded fuckstain of the highest order...

some people don't want to go to uni.. are they idiots too?

fuck i'd love if you missed out on uni.. that would be fucking hilarious

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
you're a narrow minded fuckstain of the highest order...

some people don't want to go to uni.. are they idiots too?

fuck i'd love if you missed out on uni.. that would be fucking hilarious
b coaching science/ sports management?

Actually, Im FINDING THAT f*cking hilarious, you absolute dropkick. Couldnt get into anything better could we? LOLOLOL

timw7845

HSC
b coaching science/ sports management?

Actually, Im FINDING THAT f*cking hilarious, you absolute dropkick. Couldnt get into anything better could we? LOLOLOL
it can double as normal management you git.. its the same fucking thing with sports units..

and btw i originally got into pd teaching.. sec ed.. so up yours shit stain..

have fun living under a bridge and having drunk people piss on you

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)