Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
gay marriage, as granted by the state, was legal and indeed common

until laws were made against it because of religion

<<<Lentern's imaginary narrative

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Gays aren't a big problem in society. We should focus more on transvestites than gay people.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Drinking on Good Friday is insensitive to the people mourning the loss of Jesus Christ, how could you be so inconsiderate?
It is also a celebration where people drink to honour and remember Jesus Christ.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Maybe not for Jewish people like you. Drinking alcy and eating max brenner while we cry our hearts out, shame on you.
Mate... I will put money on you not having attended midnight mass today.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe not for Jewish people like you. Drinking alcy and eating max brenner while we cry our hearts out, shame on you.
lol

Why do you think they call it GOOD Friday? It's because it's a day of celebration (for Christians). It the day their filthy bodies were cleansed of sin.

Lentern

HSC
Mate... I will put money on you not having attended midnight mass today.
Yeah well Midnight Mass isn't really the big one though is it cobber? That would be the Saturday Night Vigil.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Don't laws such as "it's illegal for homosexuals to marry" originate in religious texts?
doesnt matter. you said "because it's completely nonsensical and backward". Completely meaning 100%. In context, 100% of all laws that come from religion are 'nonsensical and backward'.

I provided two counter-examples. Now even if those laws I said didn't come directly from the religious texts in which they originate, they're still the same so I'd think the point still stands...

(yes, i'm just being mean)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
doesnt matter. you said "because it's completely nonsensical and backward". Completely meaning 100%. In context, 100% of all laws that come from religion are 'nonsensical and backward'.

I provided two counter-examples. Now even if those laws I said didn't come directly from the religious texts in which they originate, they're still the same so I'd think the point still stands...

(yes, i'm just being mean)
But those two counter-examples don't come from religion. They come from the social structure that surrounds that religion.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
The Decalogue is hardly indicative of the entire religion.

Naturally, as human beings, we have had those "laws" for millennia.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
It kinda is. Because it is commemorates the day Christ was crucified. But it's named "Good" Friday because his death symbolises the salvation of mankind. Just saying.
So, what you're saying is, that you agree, and it isn't a day of mourning, because it isn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)