Not showing up to an exam? (1 Viewer)

tonysoprano

HSC
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering what would happen if I didn't show up to an exam. I've got SOR1 tomorrow, and I don't really wanna go. My intention was to drop it, but my school is a bunch of dicks and they forced me to stay in it. If I just choose to not go, will this affect my other marks etc? Also is there any other impacts i may not be aware of from not showing up? Thanks

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah you should be good as long as you do four different type of subjects, e.g maffs,engrish, bio, eco.

You'll get 0 for your HSC mark, and will be removed from the moderation process.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Your initial results will show ABSENT (as a check that you really were).

On your actual HSC the course will disappear.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
On the HSC results it will show up as a zero so anytime you have to present the actual results you could be asked to explain why you have a zero for a course which could impact you in a number of ways - or not at all depending on what you do with the marks.

You won't affect your cohort because you will be classed as an outlier.

You could ask your school, in the morning, to officially withdrew you from the course, in which case you won't get that zero.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
You'll get 0 for your HSC mark, and will be removed from the moderation process.
Yes, all absentees are removed from moderation, so there is no impact on the balance of your school course group.

A mark of zero is never reported on HSC results. For a 1-unit course like SoR1, only marks of 15 and above are reported. For lower marks, they are reported as <15/50 (or <30/100 for a 2-unit course).

If you do not present for an HSC examination, your results on 16 December will show ABSENT for SoR1. When you later receive the HSC credentials, SoR1 will have disappeared from the Record of Achievement as the course was incomplete (you failed to attend the requisite examination).

While it is "neater" if you ask your school to withdraw you, there will be no permanent reminder on your credentials that you did not attend the examination.

tonysoprano

HSC
Appreciate the replies, but I think I'm just gonna go. Don't want my school giving me shit when I'm going to the formal afterwards. Will just do the exam without any study lel.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Appreciate the replies, but I think I'm just gonna go. Don't want my school giving me shit when I'm going to the formal afterwards. Will just do the exam without any study lel.
Just sit there and don't write anything, be better of for your peers who actually studied.

Mythos

HSC
Lmao dont screw other people over, just write nothing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)