Notebook recommendations (1 Viewer)

tempco

HSC
The only thing that was a bit iffy is the CPU speed... 1.7? Isn't that a bit slow these days? Other than that.. it seems pretty good.

tempco

HSC
Yeh I'm aware of that... I'm just saying that I've seen notebooks with faster processors going for about that price... I mean my tablet has a 1.5 GHz Centrino, and I paid a little under $2000 for it... $2300 should get you more than that, but considering the extras, maybe not.

fatmuscle

HSC
yah, standard would be aboug 1.8ghz
but u won't fee the diff with 1.7

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Murf said:
hahah no no im fine ill be keeping this ive only had it for about 14 months :p, i had to have the screen replaced and the hole case had to be screwed back together, and there was problems with the mouse....

you see the probs only started happening conveiently 10 months into the 12 month warrenty so :mad: yes pissed off lol, me stupidly overlooked the 1 year warranty fact when i thought oh yeah it will be fine its a sony etc etc :mad: grrr bad sony! Their laptops and their plasma tvs how shit!

so yes end of year, i want a thin tablet with A keyboard actually in it, with a dvd writer, under 2kgs, and thin.... lol hard to find...ahuh!

murf
The best plasma's are Pioneer, they are quite expensive, but if u want a plasm that will last quite a while its ur best bet

fatmuscle

HSC
if i were to buy a computer now, i would buy the aldi one.

probably don't need a monitor, and the price is within the budget.

it's a good buy!

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Murf said:
The best plasma's are those made by NEC and Fujitsu / Hitahi. Ive got a friend that has a 50" NEC and then another friend that has 2 x 42" and 1 x 61" plasma's and they are very very good. I'd probably say go NEC for the best plasma. Some of Fujitsu / Hitashi's plasma's come from Panasonic and NEC.

btw. sony's 42" the small plasma's just use the NEC tubes so supposedly they are ok:p lol....

and yeah i rekon that comp looks like a good desktop replacement to me...

murf
There is actually a list of the best plasma screens you can get, the employees at DJs have them, but i dont know if u can get them on the net

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Murf said:
NEC / Fujitsu and Hitashi and the leaders in plasma's accross the world, mainly beacuse Fujitsu and NEC were very big in the RnD of plasma screens before they came onto the market...
If i remeber correctly, cause my bro works for dj's in that section, they are high up there, but Pioneer is world leader in quality, but v expensive

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Murf said:
Id have to say Pioneer are better:p than most.... but not as good as NEC / Fujitsu / Hitashi lol... Pioneer i gota say look really good as in not the screen quality but the design of the plasma, ive seen some really nice glass type plasma's they look madski....

anywho :p we better stop hijacking this thread and stop talkin bout plasma's :p :uhhuh: :idea:
No one else seems to be on here at the moment, but i was talking about build quality not aesthically design.
Do u intend on creating a Plasma TV thread instead of using this one

Last edited:

sladehk

le random
HSC
it doesn't really matter now because i think the question's been answered already

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
I have a simlilar question:

what's the best notebook I can get with $2500?.....reliable brands only plz. I have had doubts on which one to buy for almost 5 months now. I cannot decide. so plz help me out here.

fatmuscle

HSC
dell, fujitsu or lg

dell have constant sales (just pick up any newspaper or magazine)
fujitsu, they go around to different shopping centres doing promos. They were at Market City last week.

LG - nfi

asscookie

dork.
HSC
I have an LG - it's pretty good. It's sorta heavy though, but I didn't buy it to carry it around all day with me.

My cousin has a little IBM thinkpad - it's nice and small and easy to carry around.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A

fatmuscle

HSC
what complaints have they had with dell?

i've got one and nothing wrong iwth it

roadcone

HSC
I have a 15 inch apple powerbook that i just got recently. Its great, really light and easy to carry round in my school bag, I would highly reccommend them to anyone (then again I am a mac person so yeah)

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
have you had an experience with windows laptops?? I'm going to purchase a new 15" 1.67ghz powerbook within the next few weeks.. but I just want someones opinion thats delt with both! - not one person whos a big fan of windows or the other way arround.

roadcone

HSC
Yeah i've used both, i did have a compaq that in my opinion was shit and never worked properly and was dead after about a year and a half when the screen cracked. i then got an ibook which i loved so i bought myself my new powerbook.. in my opinion apple laptops are much more reliable, yes more expensive but i haven't had any troubles with either so far. they are also really easy to use

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)