Notes/advice for Economics, Legal Studies, and Business Studies! (1 Viewer)

Frank!~

HSC
Hi everyone! Attached below are really comprehensive notes for the 3 social sciences. (Geography ain't no science)

I was a (somewhat) high achiever in the writing subjects. And here are some of my insights, which hopefully will help ease the pressure for some of you.

1. Don't make notes!! Use these and instead, when finishing syllabus dot points, write a generic short answer response/essay paragraph for that dot point. It'll help you answer exam questions and upon revision, you will find nice essay paragraphs to use!!

2. When writing essays, don't stick too much to whatever structure your teacher prescribes e.g. (TEEL, PEEL, whatever). Write naturally and concisely, as long as it's clear what you are expressing! E.g. The agenda of the paragraph, causes linking to effects and then your judgement.

3. Don't be afraid to make stuff up, practice sounding legit.

I hope I helped, and if anyone has questions, please feel free to ask!! I can also offer essay feedback/help for people,(for English as well!!) and provide my tutoring services so please consider it! it'll be cheap because I really do wanna help.

p.s. following my own philosophy, I did not write those notes. All credit goes to the authors. Rest of notes are in next post.

Attachments

Frank!~

HSC
The notes which didn't make the first post!! I know HR is missing. I shall find it. Legal notes for options are in essay format.

Attachments

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi everyone! Attached below are really comprehensive notes for the 3 social sciences. (Geography ain't no science)

I was a (somewhat) high achiever in the writing subjects. And here are some of my insights, which hopefully will help ease the pressure for some of you.

1. Don't make notes!! Use these and instead, when finishing syllabus dot points, write a generic short answer response/essay paragraph for that dot point. It'll help you answer exam questions and upon revision, you will find nice essay paragraphs to use!!

2. When writing essays, don't stick too much to whatever structure your teacher prescribes e.g. (TEEL, PEEL, whatever). Write naturally and concisely, as long as it's clear what you are expressing! E.g. The agenda of the paragraph, causes linking to effects and then your judgement.

I hope I helped, and if anyone has questions, please feel free to ask!! I can also offer essay feedback/help for people,(for English as well!!) and provide my tutoring services so please consider it! it'll be cheap because I really do wanna help.

p.s. following my own philosophy, I did not write those notes. All credit goes to the authors. Rest of notes are in next post.
This is a great resource but it would be better to upload them to 'resources'. That way it's so much easier for future students to find.

JayIntel2232

HSC

I do Economics and my preliminary mark was 97/100, ranked 1/45, but I never made short answer notes in this fashion. I always used definitions and concepts based on the syllabus and collated it during my preliminary tests at will. I would recommend being able to make links between concepts and the overall effect on economics as a whole can help with making stuff up if you don't know an answer. Doing Business and Economics allows you to cross-reference the subjects in exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)