Notes: Typed Or Written? (1 Viewer)

Annalisee

HSC
Our school wont let us use laptops to type up notes in class unless we are specifically working with computers. But when I do any work or notes at home I'll type them.

HSC
written for me. especially in sciences like bio where you can reference the syllabus dot point then straight underneath write the info. Also, i can draw my funny little diagrams etc.

tomsav

HSC
Type your notes!
You can use lots of colours that is supposed to help you remember the quotes or main points

HSC
I like handwriting my notes because I am more likely to look at my colourful, hand-written notes than typed ones. Typed notes make me think I'm just reading off a worksheet I got at school.

cs01001

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
You should write your notes, over and over again. That way, info will stick in your head.
Works perfectly if you study subjects like history! :)

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Typed coz it's soooo much eaier to change and re-write/add things to notes without having to attach loose bits of paper, especially essays :)

ccc123

HSC
It depends on the subject. For maths, i prefer to hand write because i can't be bothered to use all these fancy functions so i can type formulas. Im technologically challenged...

cccclaire

HSC
written.
But mostly because I'm missing a 'D' and a 'H' key on my laptop which makes typing a bit difficult.
obviously i could get it fixed, but that would probably involve some complicated process that I'd rather avoid.

Zephyrio

HSC
For the half yearlies last year, I hand-wrote...

For the yearlies, I typed...

Similar marks I got. I think I'll use both. I'm currently using a topic->syllabus dot point system so I can cover the material I've got to cover. As the half yearlies approach I'll probably summarise them using my handwriting, and do exercises/chapter reviews and stuff like that.

cs01001

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
I never make notes for maths. the best way to learn [imo] is to do chapter reviews and past papers.
and to also note down your mistakes while doing the exercises, that way, when the real exam comes, you will know what to watch out for. :)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
hand written all the way.

except for english. i dont make notes for english. i'm incapable of doing so.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
-pari- said:
hand written all the way.

except for english. i dont make notes for english. i'm incapable of doing so.
Actually, I practice writing essays in literally 30-35 minutes, as you are only given 40-45 minutes in 20 mark response questions in HSC English assessments.

Either way I don't like English.

shayla

HSC
hi
I type my notes because its easier and i also use a computer in class, just like a word document constantly because i cant keep up with the rest of the class if i am writting stuff by hand.

shell.q

HSC
i typ notes as i finish the topics, this way it is easier when i come to study i can just read through notes and then write up a practice thing
when it gets to the hsc i will have all my notes written wat i will or plan to do is one day just revised notes n tht, n next write up practice answers....hmm im werd

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
one year bump wow

i tend write my notes now but proli will end up typing them up anyways to get something more structured and easy to read.

mon.s

HSC
im a bit confused as well.. they say you should write them out so that your hand is getting used to writing heaps but do you risk loosing all your hand-written notes..?? i think i will type my actual notes and then just do heaps of practice essays etc...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I type them now. As many people have already suggested typing just proves to be a far easier option.

It's easy to fix, easy to view and most of all very neat for people like me who have poor hand writings.

However, I do all those essays and other practice questions with hand so that I can actually improve my writing. So my advice is: do both.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
mon.s said:
im a bit confused as well.. they say you should write them out so that your hand is getting used to writing heaps but do you risk loosing all your hand-written notes..?? i think i will type my actual notes and then just do heaps of practice essays etc...
thats why you should either keep them all in a nice book or put them in a binder if they are loose sheets.

lyounamu said:
I type them now. As many people have already suggested typing just proves to be a far easier option.

It's easy to fix, easy to view and most of all very neat for people like me who have poor hand writings.

However, I do all those essays and other practice questions with hand so that I can actually improve my writing. So my advice is: do both.
Very True, if I had to hand-write id try and do them as fast as I can and I probably won't be able to use it later on down the track when my hand-writing changes haha
But at the end of the day you are writing a test (by hand) so you should always practice your responses, like namu said in pen.

~Fire Jade~

HSC
I did both.
Writing- makes it easier to memorise stuff...but takes AGES...
Typing- great for back up but I had a major virus attack b4 the HSC without backup. Ye, it sucked heaps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)