Now tell me this isn't evil. (1 Viewer)

Russdog

russell
HSC
"God's law is above any human law. So when a human law ... is contrary to God's law, this human law has no value," Cardoso had said.
that is completely ridiculous. i can't believe religion in this day and age. it's like a joke.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
If one has the assumption that abortion is a fantastic beacon of hope for morality and the human race, then this is despicable. Fortunately, I am without that Godless assumption and view the Brazillion Archbishop's decision as a victory for all things good.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
noone cares about your little crusade against christianity,
feminazis like you think killing babies is ok, and although cases like this do occur, they are very, VERY rare.
I think you'd notice that as many males as females in this thread agree with the abortion position. And no, it's not that rare - since when does a woman require a 'valid reason' to do something with her body? Frankly, the reason is none of your business.

For the most part, women partake in 'abortions' simply for their own convenience, ie. they didnt keep their legs closed.
[citation needed]. Also, get lost, you contemptible sexist loser.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
Whatever Nolan says on this topic is correct.

/thread closed.

X

xeuyrawp

I find it interesting how so many bosers are so vehemently anti-religion.
Yet, when a religious institution expels some of it's members because they dont adhere to it's well defined rules you all cry blue murder.

If religion is such a terrible thing surely you should be glad that the family are now no longer involved in the convoluted mess of institutionalized religion.

That is, unless you admit that religion does actually improve the lives of millions of people, regardless of how factually based it is.
Erm you've completely misunderstood the nature of this case and/or the nature of most boser's dislike.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
No, the church can condemn whatever it wants, freedom of speech mang. The fact that they felt so strongly as to excommunicate the family is what everyone is angry about.

What the fuck is wrong with you? where the hell did I say they can't say these things?

I just said it's wrong of them to do so. I never said they shouldn't be allowed to.

And you do realise excommunicating them is was a way of pressuring them into not having an abortion? As in, they think being part of what basically amounts a club is more important than wanting a NINE YEAR OLD to not endure the pain of giving birth to the babies of a rapist, and yet at the same time the church is acting like they're taking the moral highroad.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Kwayera said:
[citation needed]. Also, get lost, you contemptible sexist loser.
Throw your feminist ideals out the window, you Young Liberal, and you'll find he's quite right. The ONLY reason why one would get an abortion is because one doesn't want a baby. Why? Because for whatever reason (physical, emotional, greedy slut) it is not convinient for them to raise the baby. Females are nessecarily, greedy creatures.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
The ONLY reason why one would get an abortion is because one doesn't want a baby.
I don't think the nine year old is getting an abortion purely because she doesn't want the babies (ie. she could die).

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I disagree. And regardless, that is not in opposition to the OP's comments, which I sought to defend.

candytrip

Slacker
HSC
Throw your feminist ideals out the window, you Young Liberal, and you'll find he's quite right. The ONLY reason why one would get an abortion is because one doesn't want a baby. Why? Because for whatever reason (physical, emotional, greedy slut) it is not convinient for them to raise the baby. Females are nessecarily, greedy creatures.
What the fuck is wrong with you?! It's not as if the father of the child(ren) women are pregnant with were dying to raise the baby either, so why should the woman be stuck with a baby that neither parent wants? And I honestly don't see you volunteering to adopt every fetus in danger of abortion.

And Holy flying spagetti monster, SHE WAS RAPED.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
yeah, but not wanting to die in this circumstance can hardly be called 'greedy'.
Iron begs to differ:
Well if medical opinion said that she would certainly die, I would offer that two lives can be better than one. That sort of self-sacrifice would be a beautiful example to the world

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Love the people who cry foul at the 9 year old girl for not dying for a cause she probably doesn't understand. I highly doubt most of them would do the same in a similar situation. Self preservation rules. Coupled with common sense as it is here, I can't but help feel sympathy for the girl.

You can't blame the Church though, they are allowed to believe whatever they want and what the girl did was in contradiction to their beliefs, though it appears little thought was put into the implications of an excommunication for the girl. She will have to find a new Church or go on living her life without a religion. I'm sure she'll manage, at least she has her health.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
What the fuck is wrong with you?! It's not as if the father of the child(ren) women are pregnant with were dying to raise the baby either, so why should the woman be stuck with a baby that neither parent wants? And I honestly don't see you volunteering to adopt every fetus in danger of abortion.

And Holy flying spagetti monster, SHE WAS RAPED.
But he's perfectly right. The only reason a woman would want an abortion would be because she doesn't want the baby. Now some of these individual cases are perfectly understandable and reasonable, such as the one in this thread. But many women get abortions because they just did not want the responsibility of using a proper contraceptive or of a baby.

eldore44

Facebook is better.
HSC
First of all, I'm pretty sure the girl doesn't understand what's going on, let alone did she decide on the abortion. So she should not have been excommunicated. Second of all, for the other people involved, it's excommunication. This isn't a gaol sentence or government sanctioned punishment. They went against the teachings of the church, ie broke the rules, and got kicked out. This is a fairly standard procedure for any 'club'.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
First of all, I'm pretty sure the girl doesn't understand what's going on, let alone did she decide on the abortion. So she should not have been excommunicated. Second of all, for the other people involved, it's excommunication. This isn't a gaol sentence or government sanctioned punishment. They went against the teachings of the church, ie broke the rules, and got kicked out. This is a fairly standard procedure for any 'club'.
Excommunication is much more than simply being kicked out of a club. It the Church's way of saying "because you've ticked us off, we're not going to sanction your entry into heaven, and as such are sending you to hell for eternity." Don't know many other clubs that can claim such power or ability to punish.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
I wouldn't call the church's actions evil, but it's pretty ignorant. And wrong. And un-Christian.

Like the little girl needs more emotional trauma after what she's already suffered. Nobody has the right to expect her to be a mother at this stage in her life, let alone to the twins of a man who raped her.

X

xeuyrawp

You can't blame the Church though
Yes you can.

Excommunication is much more than simply being kicked out of a club. It the Church's way of saying "because you've ticked us off, we're not going to sanction your entry into heaven, and as such are sending you to hell for eternity." Don't know many other clubs that can claim such power or ability to punish.
But it also has massive social and economic ramifications in countries like Brazil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)