Now tell me this isn't evil. (1 Viewer)

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
the catholic churuch believes right from conception that a child exists right?

so that means when the egg and sperm fuse into one cell and form the zygote they call it human, even though its only a single cell and humans are multicellular....

humans must be special

candytrip

Slacker
HSC
But he's perfectly right. The only reason a woman would want an abortion would be because she doesn't want the baby. Now some of these individual cases are perfectly understandable and reasonable, such as the one in this thread. But many women get abortions because they just did not want the responsibility of using a proper contraceptive or of a baby.
Yes but you're implying that a woman would rather have an abortion than use contraceptive. That's just not true, I highly doubt that any woman would rather undergo an expensive operation than use contraceptive in the first place. Abortion is never Plan A.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
You all seem to think that an abortion, to a woman, is a matter of convenience because "we didn't want to use contraception".

I think you'll find this is not the case for the vast majority of us. Either that, or [citation needed]. You can't make generalisations like that without backing it up.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
So are you saying that abortion is a massive decision because human life is at stake?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
You all seem to think that an abortion, to a woman, is a matter of convenience because "we didn't want to use contraception".

I think you'll find this is not the case for the vast majority of us. Either that, or [citation needed]. You can't make generalisations like that without backing it up.
Can you please give a few examples of when an abortion is not a matter of convinience. I'm not asking you to refute the business about contraception because that's hogwash.

What the fuck is wrong with you?! It's not as if the father of the child(ren) women are pregnant with were dying to raise the baby either, so why should the woman be stuck with a baby that neither parent wants? And I honestly don't see you volunteering to adopt every fetus in danger of abortion.
Killing a life because of a lack of want is unacceptable, and you know this.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Can you please give a few examples of when an abortion is not a matter of convinience. I'm not asking you to refute the business about contraception because that's hogwash.
I would say pretty much.. always? When one gets accidentally pregnant and decides to have an abortion, it's not because surgery is so easy and "oh, I just decided I didn't want it anymore!" It usually results as a failure of contraception (and it does happen, which is why despite being on the pill, I take a pregnancy test every three months or so), not due to the absence of it. Like candytrip said, abortion is never Plan A.

candytrip

Slacker
HSC
See: OP
See: Any other case where the mother's life is in danger.
Therefore: It's not just CONVENIENCE, it's when a life is at risk.

Killing a life because of a lack of want is unacceptable, and you know this.
I really don't want to get into the argument of whether a zygote is human or not because that's really just a conflict of opinions.

And you can start complaining about abortion when you start growing a parasite in your uterus.

Somewhat related: Have you ever stepped an ant? Slapped a mosquito, sprayed a fly or used pest control?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Kwayera said:
I would say pretty much.. always? When one gets accidentally pregnant and decides to have an abortion, it's not because surgery is so easy and "oh, I just decided I didn't want it anymore!" It usually results as a failure of contraception (and it does happen, which is why despite being on the pill, I take a pregnancy test every three months or so), not due to the absence of it. Like candytrip said, abortion is never Plan A.
All apart from the emboldened part is irrelevant. When one gets an abortion one decides that, for whatever reason, it is not convinient to have this baby. A position that is always selfish.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
candy said:
Somewhat related: Have you ever stepped an ant? Slapped a mosquito, sprayed a fly or used pest control?
Never. Although I don't want you to assume that I value the life of an insect on the same level as a human's life.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
it's all relative bro, aye

Lukybear

HSC
Its absurd how so many people are condeming the church for its ex-communication and its condemenation of the child. THE Catholic church ultatimately has to follow its universal decree as they belive set by God. And if abortion is sinful then they are justified to action. Not that this is a justification for the morality of the Catholic church, but merely a statement.

But I am surpised, that no BOSer has been glad for the girl's family and its doctors' excommunication.

greekgun

HSC
this is horse shit, religion shouldnt impact peoples lives like this. Religion should be a thing where people who want to believe in it can do all the religious shit in their church or place of relion or in their own house, not out in fucking public where its forced upon to other people.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
All apart from the emboldened part is irrelevant. When one gets an abortion one decides that, for whatever reason, it is not convinient to have this baby. A position that is always selfish.
Irrelevant to you, maybe, but considering the risks of pregnancy, having a baby is never itself the "convenient" option. If I got pregnant today, you bet I'd be having an abortion ASAP, and that wouldn't be out of convenience.

Last edited:

Lukybear

HSC
Religion shouldnt impact peoples lives?? You forget religion is about worship and God. God is eternal and omnipresent. Then by rationale, we must interwine God into our everyday lives, behaviour, life style etc. And it must impact upon our decisions in life. We cannot say I adher to God, and then go on a killing spree.

And from my cursory glance at that article, religion isnt were not really forced upon the girl, wheres they were excommunicated. But rather unforced.

But hey, theres always anglican churches in brazil, that procalim the gospel far better.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Irrelevant to you, maybe, but considering the risks of pregnancy, having a baby is never itself the "convenient" option. If I got pregnant today, you'll be I'd be having an abortion ASAP, and that wouldn't be out of convenience.
What would be the risk? Financial?
I'd say that that's convenience

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
What would be the risk? Financial?
I'd say that that's convenience
Physical and psychological.

Also, as a biologist who knows better, I don't regard a zygote as my equal.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Stretch marks and caring for someone else would be pretty inconvenient imo

derekch

HSC
First of all, I'm amazed by how ignorant some of the replies in this thread are.
We are talking about the life of a nine year old girl whose life is at risk if she continues to carry the twins, NOT a healthy and capable woman. If you people are against abortion, please do so in other threads regarding abortion in general, not this one!

It is funny how many conservative people judge on behalf on god. After all, if they believe that god is the ultimate judge, then he should do all the judging and not them. The church should offer support for the girl, instead of putting in religious rules first. They have failed to follow what Jesus has preached in his time.

I believe God would not punish the girl if she undergo abortion, after all she is a child and does not have the mental capacity to understand and decide for herself.
So whats with people saying "two lives are better than one" and justifying the actions of the church.
Have your faith, rules of ur religion blinded your eyes??

I expect to be attacked, so bring it on.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Its absurd how so many people are condeming the church for its ex-communication and its condemenation of the child. THE Catholic church ultatimately has to follow its universal decree as they belive set by God. And if abortion is sinful then they are justified to action. Not that this is a justification for the morality of the Catholic church, but merely a statement.

But I am surpised, that no BOSer has been glad for the girl's family and its doctors' excommunication.
We'd be happy if they had willingly left. We're up in arms that they were forcefully kicked out.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Physical and psychological.

Also, as a biologist who knows better, I don't regard a zygote as my equal.
Your "qualifications" as a biologist have very little to do with your moral stance on the issue, as you've consistently not offered any concrete biological proof of the definitive point between a human and a non-human. Instead, you refer to things (admirable as they are) such as the beggining of breath and thought, which I find to be uncomfortable boundaries.

And physical convinience?
Psychological convinience?
By golly you're a selfish creature.

Hey let's take a bio course together again :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)