Now that you have your half yearly results... (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
allysheila said:
hey everyone, i see u all have put a lot of effort in ur studies and are being rewarded which is good. anyways, i'm from the country and our marks are far lower than city dwellers' results. for example in Adv English, the highest result in our year was 70% (i came 2nd with 67%), which is crappy compared with marks like 100%. I don't know whats wrong with our school - we never seem to get in the band 6 range easily (unless we study 10 hours a day , excluding homework and other things.)

anyway, here are my half yrly results:

Adv English 67% - 2nd (1st was 70%)
2u Math 89% - 1st
3u Math 68% - 1st
Physics 77% - 2nd (1st was 79%) ( i was first before the exam with 93%, but my exam result (57%) screwed me up)
Chemistry 90% - 1st
Business Studies 88% - 1st

so u can see - i only got one band 6 and missed out on two other subjects by one ore two percent. what advice can anyone give that will help me reach the band six aggeregate and distance myself from people who are behind me in rank. And anyone who does 3u Math - what do I DO???? - i have no idea how to study for that subject - same as physics - i am drowning here.

By the way , how important is rank, even if there are only 3 - 6 people in each of your classes?
And can someone calculate my UAI - or at least give me a link to do so
Like Bookie has mentioned, don't associate your current assessment marks/ half-yearly marks with your UAI. Your ranks are good, and most of your marks are good. Just study hard and you'll get there.

The best advice I can give you for studying 3 unit is do as many past papers as possible. Furthermore, do as many questions as possible from your textbook and ask your teacher when you don't understand something.

HSC
im really pleased with my half-yearly results, didnt really expect to do as well as i did.

eng(standard)- 93%, ranked 2nd
maths- 98%, ranked 2nd
eco- 97%, ranked 1st
bio- 92%, ranked 2nd
legal- 92%, ranked 2nd

hopefully i can do really well in trials and hsc, they are really big compared to half-yearlies.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
fairy princess said:
im really pleased with my half-yearly results, didnt really expect to do as well as i did.

eng(standard)- 93%, ranked 2nd
maths- 98%, ranked 2nd
eco- 97%, ranked 1st
bio- 92%, ranked 2nd
legal- 92%, ranked 2nd

hopefully i can do really well in trials and hsc, they are really big compared to half-yearlies.
very nice results fairy princess.
your school musta have lotsa competition (98% and still come 2nd in maths!!?)

good work!

abcd9146

HSC
WHOA... evryone gets 90%+ in subjects, noone in our school gets that.... we must have hard exams...

English Advanced - 79% (man.. i hate english)
Mathematics - 84% (rank 15-20 out of around 100, lucky all the ex2 ppl dun count)
Mathematics Extension - 70% (same as maths)
Software Design and Development - 90% (equal 1st out of 10)
Japanese Continuers - 89% (I love jap, 1st is 90%; 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, is 88%; 8th is 86%)
Economics - 65% (DAMN!)

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Heh, this rapidly became another 'pimp your results' thread.

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
My Half-yearly results

Advanced English - 62% (yuk)

General Mathematics - 84% (crap)

Modern History- 81% (Can do better)

Legal Studies 83% (Not good at all)

SOR I- 85% (Alrite)

Biology- 72% (Not good)

Im aiming to get a UAI of 86.85, is this UAI attainable.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
lilsxcwog89 said:
My Half-yearly results

SOR I- 85% (Alrite)

Biology- 72% (Not good)

Nope.

Unless of course you are attending a top ten school of eliteness.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
..ace your trials and hsc, improve your marks, and it's possible! :)
remember, constant and efective studying is the key to success in teh hsc!
(unless ur one of the natural smart people!!)

i'd say g et above 80's for all your subjects ... especially english. that'll drag you down the most if you go bad in it (as well .. it's a problem for me)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
ScottyG said:
Nope.

Unless of course you are attending a top ten school of eliteness.
How do you know? Oh that's right, you don't know.

Ignore this person.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
How do you know? Oh that's right, you don't know.

Ignore this person.
Perhaps I should have gone with the general happy-go-lucky style response.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
found out 2day that:

i got 68/120 for 2unit maths and ranked.... 9/18..... it twas a hard test... dropped my rank from the 1st test though... ranked 8/20 with 47/60

tennille

HSC
lilsxcwog89 said:
My Half-yearly results

SOR I- 85% (Alrite)

Biology- 72% (Not good)

No one here knows how the system works, particularly an 06er. Put more work into your studies (mainly English and Biology), and it may be possible. :)

MolestLawzy

HSC
You guys realise it's your rank that matters, not your mark.

And those of you with unusually high marks are either
a) very smart
b) very unprepared because your school isn't testing you with hard enough.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Its could be said that it is more a combination of rank and mark, i.e. your exam mark could be low but you assessment mark high which would mean your school may of marked to easy (comparing this to other students performance) or it was a hard exam then your rank would help with determining where you should be.

Agree with Tennille nobody can say for sure and half yearlies will not determine how well you will do in the HSC for that there is trials ;), but on a whole those are harder\marked harder then the actual HSC exams.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Tennille said:
No one here knows how the system works, particularly an 06er. Put more work into your studies (mainly English and Biology), and it may be possible. :)
I have a solid understanding of how the system works. If you want to take that statement out of context, be my guest.

To say that a person doing their HSC in the current year has a poorer understanding of the person who did their HSC the year before is a generalisation.

The person who asked the question got an answer that was highly likely to be true, as most of you would agree if some didn't play the righteousness card. I'm sure the person understands that improvement in marks will lead to an improvement in ranks, and consequently a greater UAI. The person asking wasn't disenchanted or disillusioned, or at least I certainly didn't get that impression. Lay off me.

A solid piece of advice though is kidadmins, and really, a proper gauge of how well you will do isn't really possible at all. One can only look at trends and estimate.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
ScottyG said:
I have a solid understanding of how the system works. If you want to take that statement out of context, be my guest.

To say that a person doing their HSC in the current year has a poorer understanding of the person who did their HSC the year before is a generalisation.

The person who asked the question got an answer that was highly likely to be true, as most of you would agree if some didn't play the righteousness card. I'm sure the person understands that improvement in marks will lead to an improvement in ranks, and consequently a greater UAI. The person asking wasn't disenchanted or disillusioned, or at least I certainly didn't get that impression. Lay off me.

A solid piece of advice though is kidadmins, and really, a proper gauge of how well you will do isn't really possible at all. One can only look at trends and estimate.
You said it wasnt possible for them to achieve a UAI of 86 and yet you dont even know what they were ranked.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
housemouse said:
4unitmaths - 80% (2nd)
3 unit maths - 80% (6th)
2 unit - 93% (?)
CHEM - 62% (?)
Bio - 80% (5th)
PHY - 75% (?)

My chemistry stinks and need to pick up on my maths.
oh my goodness wow!
you are amazing!~!
you do the hardest of subjects...good on you...
excellent results

dont you have to do english?
and seriously- good work!!!

tennille

HSC
ScottyG said:

Perhaps if you elaborated on your intial post, then I might have thought you have a sound understanding of the system. But simply saying "nope, only if you attend one of the top 10 elite schools" doesn't give much information as to why they won't achieve that UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)