Now that you have your half yearly results... (1 Viewer)

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
My ranks are :

M. History : 2nd/23

G.Maths: 4/103

Thats all i know

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Without Wings said:
If you have a solid understanding of how the system works then you would realise that all school's mark differently and have different assessments. There is no way you can make an assumption of whether someone will achieve a specific UAI based only on their half yearly marks, therefore this assumption below is incorrect.

It's important to note that:
1. All school's mark differently and have different assessments with different levels of difficulty, therefore you can't make an assumption based purely on marks. You can't compare an 80 at one school with an 80 at another.
2. Half yearly marks, only make up a small part of your end hsc mark.
3. If you don't get the mark you want in your half yearly it doesn't mean that the UAI you are aiming for is not achievable. It just means you need to work harder, re-evaluate your studying strategies etc in order to work out how you can achieve the mark you are aiming for.

lilsxcwog89: Nothing is impossible, if you try your best, work harder, re-evaluate your studying strategies etc you can work towards achieving the UAI you want. :)

Yes yes yes, everything you are saying is correct. Part of my original post was a jab. I commented earlier that the thread had turned into another 'pimp my results thread', and then *directly* after that, it shifted towards a 'UAI guidance and counsel thread'. I've seen that happen in other threads - figured it was funny enough to warrant some cynicism.

Of course nobody can estimate the guy's UAI with what he gave. I must've heard similar things repeated a gigajillion times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)