NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
sando said:
Bulldogs smashed tigers, so wat?

does that mean bulldogs would hav smashed dragons by even more? i think so

And 'Dragons', im sure u remember the semi final from last yr, all the tries came from best's crap defendin
Woah, someone can't handle the fact that he supports a one man team! Without Marshall, you guys have nothing. In fact, he laid on the final pass for three of your tries last week, and without the ball hitting the crossbar off the kickoff, it wouldn't have even mattered because you would've lost the match anyway.

And now, back to the Prelim from '05 .. I'll go through each try and CATEGORICALLY prove that you are, as most people expect from you, wrong.

The first try was scored by Benji Marshall off the scrum. Gasnier rushed up out of the line, and Marshall ran in behind the gap created by Gasnier's poor thinking.
Best's fault? No.

The second try was scored by Dene Halatau right next to the posts. He pushed through poor defending by Justin Poore and Dean Young.
Best's fault? No.

The third try was scored by Chris Heighnington in our left corner, your right corner. He scored because of an overlap on Cooper and Naiqama's side. Best was standing on the opposite side of the field.
Best's fault? No.

The fourth try was scored by Dene Halatau in our right corner. He scored because of another overlap. Dragons didn't man up in defence from the ruck outwards.
Best's fault? No.

What the hell? You said EVERY try was Best's fault, and I just showed you that ZERO tries were caused because of his defensive ineptitude. You probably don't know what ineptitude means ..

Anyway. I win, you lose.

sando said:
i dont know how they did it
Because the Sharks are crap. Like Bookie inferred.

Actually, they aren't THAT crap. Luke Covell is crap.

33 min: NEWS Luke Covell makes a 80 metre break and fails to pass to the man unmarked on his outside to butcher another Sharks try leading into half time. Had the Sharks scored and converted, there was no coming back for the Broncos from an 18 point deficit.

78 min: NEWS Luke Covell kills off any chance of a Sharks comeback by stickig his mits where they did not belong. He has cost them twice this evening and his stature as some sort of eclectic cult heror is seriously under threat after a very poor performance.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
South Sydney privatised. 75.8% said yes.

Spoilers for Sunday:

Storm 22 def. 18 Roosters

Knights 70 def. 32 Raiders .. what the fuck?

Panthers 13 def. 12 Dragons .. Preston Campbell field goal in Golden Point .. fucking hell ARGH

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Woah, someone can't handle the fact that he supports a one man team! Without Marshall, you guys have nothing. In fact, he laid on the final pass for three of your tries last week, and without the ball hitting the crossbar off the kickoff, it wouldn't have even mattered because you would've lost the match anyway.

And now, back to the Prelim from '05 .. I'll go through each try and CATEGORICALLY prove that you are, as most people expect from you, wrong.

The first try was scored by Benji Marshall off the scrum. Gasnier rushed up out of the line, and Marshall ran in behind the gap created by Gasnier's poor thinking.
Best's fault? No.

The second try was scored by Dene Halatau right next to the posts. He pushed through poor defending by Justin Poore and Dean Young.
Best's fault? No.

The third try was scored by Chris Heighnington in our left corner, your right corner. He scored because of an overlap on Cooper and Naiqama's side. Best was standing on the opposite side of the field.
Best's fault? No.

The fourth try was scored by Dene Halatau in our right corner. He scored because of another overlap. Dragons didn't man up in defence from the ruck outwards.
Best's fault? No.

What the hell? You said EVERY try was Best's fault, and I just showed you that ZERO tries were caused because of his defensive ineptitude. You probably don't know what ineptitude means ..

Anyway. I win, you lose.

Because the Sharks are crap. Like Bookie inferred.

Actually, they aren't THAT crap. Luke Covell is crap.

33 min: NEWS Luke Covell makes a 80 metre break and fails to pass to the man unmarked on his outside to butcher another Sharks try leading into half time. Had the Sharks scored and converted, there was no coming back for the Broncos from an 18 point deficit.

78 min: NEWS Luke Covell kills off any chance of a Sharks comeback by stickig his mits where they did not belong. He has cost them twice this evening and his stature as some sort of eclectic cult heror is seriously under threat after a very poor performance.

Dragons lose 2 consecutive games

SUCK SHIT. I WIN, U LOSE

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
sando said:

SUCK SHIT. I WIN, U LOSE
Quiet children. Theres no need to be aggressive.
And i believe the correct INTRANET terminology is, pwN3D.

(i fucken hate you finch. hate hate hate hate hate.)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
brogan how did ur dearly beloved rooters go 2 day ?

HSC
The Roosters were beaten. The Tigers were thrashed.
The Roosters are coming 6th. The tigers are coming 11th.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Tigers--- 1 win, Roosters---- 1 win

Tigers beat Dragons---- Roosters beat Souths

THIS IS LIKE A ROOSTER FAN'S ALL TIME GREATEST MOMENT

I hope Roosters can actually give Tigers a bigger challenge this year than in 2005. Man were they pushovers

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
yes it is a shame.... u might actually be in with slight contention

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
its a big enough difference to get the 2 points though, plus might i add a big enough difference which made the Roosters miss the 8 last yr

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
woohoo broncos won, ill admit it was against the sharks but a win is still a win!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
sando said:

SUCK SHIT. I WIN, U LOSE
Hahahaha! Dude, you really ARE making me laugh.

I presume you realised that I had just beaten you in the argument, so you chose to ignore it instead of conceding defeat. A noble gesture.

But hey, how about I start to argue in terms of your logic?

Panthers beat Bulldogs comfortably --> Bulldogs beat Tigers by 35 points --> farrrrrrk, how much would the Panthers have beaten the Tigers by?!

Probably somewhere in the 50s, according to your amazing logic.

Seriously, you only re-affirm my opinion of Tigers fans as either bandwagoners or intellectually challenged Westies.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Ok lets just settle this by facts:

Tigers have beaten Dragons for the last 3 outings. And they have at least won a game this year

THE END

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
sando said:

THIS IS LIKE A ROOSTER FAN'S ALL TIME GREATEST MOMENT

I hope Roosters can actually give Tigers a bigger challenge this year than in 2005. Man were they pushovers
Man. You're so hard. CORE xxx

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Panthers beat Bulldogs comfortably
Actually honey, it was by two points and was on til the dying seconds. Comfortably to me is more like Knights v Canberra today, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

I must say, 'twas a GREAT Sunday. 5th on the ladder, yo (haven't been that high since...like, 1st round of 2005).

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
sando said:
Ok lets just settle this by facts:

Tigers have beaten Dragons for the last 3 outings. And they have at least won a game this year

THE END
That is definitely true, and I would be an idiot to argue that.

What we were arguing was whether Best was at fault for any tries during last season's Prelim Final. And then earlier this evening, I thought you used some stupid reasoning with this post:

sando said:

So yes. That's sorted.

snickerdoodle said:
Actually honey, it was by two points and was on til the dying seconds. Comfortably to me is more like Knights v Canberra today, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
snickerdoodle, the Panthers were winning by eight points until O'Meley scored right on the full-time siren. Penrith had the match won with two or three minutes to go, because time was against the Dogs.

Unlike today, where they were only leading by 6 with 8 to go, meaning a converted try would tie the game .. which it did.

No point getting into a debate about whether Penrith struggled to win last week or not. They have won two from two and are at the top of the ladder.

I must say, I am surprised by the Storm today. I expected them to beat the Warriors last week, but I had them losing today against the Roosters .. a quality performance from Melbourne.

Cowboys and Newcastle are definitely the two teams to catch in 2005, by the looks of it. Cowboys beat Manly with a poor performance, and Newcastle just blew Canberra (who won solidly last week) off the park.

If the Dragons can actually get a couple of wins under their belt in the next two weeks (vs Souths and Broncos), the Round 5 match between Dragons and Knights will be a cracker. However, if we continue along our current path, we'll cop 50.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)