NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Argh as if things we'rent bad enough for the Warriors already losing half our squad. Now we get rorted for salary cap breaches, Not gonna be a good season for me. If we lose 6 points, theres our top 8 aspirations goneskis. You got a tough first year Ivan Cleary!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Warriors for Minor Premiers!

copious, don't you reckon it's better getting caught now than with five rounds to go when you're leading the competition by 10 points and then get docked every single one of them bar the bye?

EDIT: Greg, here's a nice little joke I heard at Comedy Night last night at UNSW O-Week. Btw, we have the best orientation of all universities in Australia.

Terrible white comedian: "So how many people here have kids already?"
*One hand is raised*
Terrible white comedian: "Really? Only one? That's funny, because last week I was doing this gig at UWS ..."

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Wtf is this new title thing? its just annoying

Well, here's my squad:
1. Covell
2.Covell
3. Vagana
4. Covell
5. Covell
6. Covell
.... I guess you get the point... Now we just need a cloning machine

I am pretty nervous about our lack of depth at prop. I guess were lucky we have so many backrowers that we can throw them in there. BUt their not the same. Damn I miss Nutley. Ahh well, Unlike a few of you other sharks supporters (namely Bookie) I think they should give Simjob a shot at full back. It is his preferred position so he should get a shot there for at least a few weeks. If he is still shit then search for someone else... Maybe Brown? The guy you love so much bookie. Is he 18 yet?

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Re: Wtf is this new title thing? its just annoying

Well, he did his HSC last year. he might be a pathways student. hes massive enough to be an 18 year old thats for sure.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC

Random_87 said:
Ahh well, Unlike a few of you other sharks supporters (namely Bookie) I think they should give Simjob a shot at full back.
First off, that was a really bad squad ..

Secondly .. Simjob? More like Rimjob. Haha .. ha. The wit.

Oh, and I wanted to say that so far for 2006, DRAGONZ (that's me :D) is striking at 100% success rate.

Dean Young signed with the Dragons for three years - announced today - just like I said he would a week ago ;-)

Media? Pwned.

Random_87

HSC
N/A

DRAGONZ said:
First off, that was a really bad squad ..

Secondly .. Simjob? More like Rimjob. Haha .. ha. The wit.
Ok, Firstly, That was an amazing squad and could kill the Dragons anyday.... :(

And secondly, Rob i think thats where the nickname came from. But Kudos for realising. It is quite funny :)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
I would have preferred if you'd talked about my 100% success rate thus far, what with Deano re-signing.

But what does it really matter? We'll all be hit by a truck or die of cancer anyway.

Jiga

I think Simmons has potential at the back, IMO his attack is prity good and he often looked dangerous carrying the ball up in 05... with the new found ability to rove around the park I think he will play a Minichello role running into gaps etc off Kimmorley and Dykes. His defence is questionable but with try saving attempts like the one of Matty Bowen in 05 he obviously has some sought of potential. And he can take a high ball, despite having abit of a shocker in the trial match (First game of season, what do you expect).

As for Mitch Brown, I would be very suprised if he got a run in 06...... the only way I could see that happening is through a couple of injuries. He is way to young and needs to spend more time in PL before making the next step up... there is a massive difference between JF and 1st grade and its not just the size of the players!

hes massive enough to be an 18 year old thats for sure.
Hes big enough to be a 25 yr old! I think hes about 18 though.

Terrible white comedian: "So how many people here have kids already?"
*One hand is raised*
Terrible white comedian: "Really? Only one? That's funny, because last week I was doing this gig at UWS ..."
What a fuckin lame joke.

I would have preferred if you'd talked about my 100% success rate thus far
My record is better... for eg in 05 I had lengthy debates with a member in which I said the sharks would end up further in the table than the dogs, obviously the person in question was running off the back of their win in 04. In any case, I was right all along in the face of adversity (Every1 thought I was wrong!)

Last edited by a moderator:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
politik said:
I've heard some bad comments about that first comedian...
Well yeah. Because he was so crap.

A couple of dickheads at the back yelled out "Go home!" whilst he was still going. And I mean, even though we all thought he was hopeless, that's just taking it too far. The MC flamed them when he talked, though, so that made me slightly happier.

But yes. The first dude was possibly one of the worst comedians I've ever heard.

no.5_LC

HSC
Bookie said:
no5lc, hows it goin mate?

i should probably give LU a check.
going great guns. cant wait for the season and the great man to start

no.5_LC

HSC
aj_number_10 said:
Sharks will be hard to beat if Covell and Kimmorley stay on the field
hate to say #10 but u have made a valid point

Random_87

HSC
N/A
I used to visit LU but i stopped when i started this year because im in a different country and cant keep up with league properly. I'll probably go back to it next year.

Ohh, and here's one for the fans [size=+5]COVELL[/size]

Random_87

HSC
N/A
I think the Sharks will go undefeated and win every game by at least 50.

Should be a good season.

Yes.

I.

Am.

Deluded.

:(

HSC
Hahaha, yeah i noticed. The only team that is going to do that is obviously the Roosters! ;) Well they almost did it against Manly!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)