NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
aussiebogan said:
Hello Bookie,
I believe that your comments, "Broncos = pWn3d/" are not in the true aussie spirit of the game. Please do not use such un-aussie like langauge in teh future, as this is a great land.
Yes, sorry about that.

schoolies said:
BTW, the anti-shark commentator Simon Daley has predicted the sharks will finish 14th this year...... he is kidding himself!
yeah, cos we'll come 15th.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Meh im concerned with my Warriors even though we beat the Doggies. Both trial games we've conceded like 20 points in the first half. Not good.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Roosters 16 def. 12 Dragons

Three tries each. Two goals to Roosters, none to Dragons.

Tries:

Roosters - Cross (2); Soward
Dragons - Naiqama (2); Greenshields

Dunno who kicked Roosters' goals.

Crowd 6,742 in the pouring rain at Wollongong.

Joel Monaghan sustained a serious knee injury for the Roosters. Damage and time out unknown.

No injuries to report of from the Dragons, but Jason Ryles did sit out the match (along with Anasta for the Roosters).

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Lance Thompson Interview in Rugby League Week

Some excerpts ..

MG: It's been a few months now since your departure from the red and whites - have you come to terms with the fact that you'll never be playing with the Dragons again?
LT: I have to really, don't I? The thing that really pisses me off is the lack of respect they showed me. You don't play 11 years at a club and 200 games - and take a major pay cut - if you want to leave the joint. So yeah, it hurts, but I'm at a new club now with a totally new direction, and I'm at peace in knowing that.

MG: What about the Dragons players, have you been in contact with many of them since you left?
LT: I speak to a fair few of them, and most of them say it's an absolute joke the way I was treated. I have some great friendships still at the Dragons and I look after a couple of the younger boys in my management business, so really I have to push all personal dramas aside if I’m to deal with Peter Doust and Nathan Brown down the track on player management issues.

MG: Will you always be a Dragon at heart?
LT: Yeah, I could never bag the red and white. Deep down I’ve loved every player I’ve ever played with, and there’s not one player there that I dislike. In fact, the men who will take my place – Sims, Young and Creagh – are all exceptional human beings.

MG: What’s one message you’d send to the Dragon faithful who watched you for 11 years, and what’s another you’d most like to relay to your new supporters at Cronulla?
LT: To Dragons fans, thanks for everything you’ve done for me over the years. You know it’s the one thing I’m real dirty on, not being able to say goodbye to the fans. I just want them to know the truth and that I did nothing wrong to that club. If I did, I’d be man enough to admit it, but hopefully I’ll see the majority of them around footy fields throughout the season.

Notes for schoolies_2004:

- Most of the bold stuff, which proves that he does in fact still love the Dragons but is just angry at the management (like I said so a couple of weeks back).

- He left a message for Dragons fans, but none for Sharks fans. He has passion and love for Cronulla, eh?

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
OK.

Here is the report on Joel Monaghan:

Roosters winger Joel Monaghan has suffered major cruciate ligament damage to his knee and therefore has been ruled out for the season.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
brogan77 said:
Hey Rob,

FUCK!
You'd ALSO be pleased to know that your trainer, Ronnie Palmer - you know the guy who acts as the 14th player on the field (or, alternatively, the second coach) - has done his knee during the week, and is also ruled out for the whole season.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
And Ashley Harrison might be suspended for the start of the season too.

Dude, what's the DEAL?!

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
And Ashley Harrison might be suspended for the start of the season too.

Dude, what's the DEAL?!
First of all, this is how I feel: :angry: and :mad:
Do u know why he might be suspended?

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
You should've sourced that, Brogan.

Taken from NRL site - "Roosters Rue Costly Weekend"

Then again, that isn't the exact quote. The NRL site says: "In another knock to the Roosters Former Rabbitoh Harrison may have a case to answer after collecting Dragons forward Michael Henderson high midway through the first half."

So perhaps you took yours off the Roosters site.

The news on the Warriors is official:

Warriors Breach Cap

Following a National Rugby League Board meeting today, the NRL has informed the New Zealand Warriors that they will be issued with a breach notice detailing the loss of four competition points for the 2006 season and a fine of $430,000 for salary cap breaches.

Upon receipt of the breach notice the Warriors will have five business days in which to make formal submissions in regard to the proposed penalty.

And, following on from my current 100% success rate with regards to player transfers, many of you who read the SMH and Sun Herald on the weekend would have seen that there is heavy momentum for Prince to a Queensland team, just like I wrote up here a couple of weeks back.

As well as that, I'm putting my neck on the line with the NEXT bit of information:

Matt Cooper will be re-signing with St George Illawarra Dragons for another three years.

Hope I'm right :)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
I don't know.

Download Firefox and use that as your web browser.

Tell Norton Anti-Virus (or whatever anti-virus program you use) to stop being anal, and allow cookies and Java apps. Java is pretty shady, though. Hmm.

Also, you may need to allow stuff through your Windows firewall.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
ah shit docked 4 points , we wont make the 8, well not with faumuina at pivot.

Jiga

yeah, cos we'll come 15th.
Sometimes I wander whether you are a sharks supporter or not, I really do. Even if that was a joke, I don’t see many positive things in your posts and when you consider that we have an ok side this year it raises concern.

hunt might play halfback if seymour is injured, he did it in the trial against cowboys and scored twice
Hahhaha, Hunt and Seymour Hahahaha. Like Ive said previously, in the modern game, you cant succeed without a decent halfback… the Broncos don’t have this. Just because fullback hunt scored tries in a TRIAL GAME doesnt mean he is gonna go well during the season when the intensity is up and hes actually playing a 1st grade side with a 1st grade quality 1/2 opposing him as opposed to a PL one.

- Most of the bold stuff, which proves that he does in fact still love the Dragons but is just angry at the management (like I said so a couple of weeks back).
Ummmm what he said does not back up you at all, please don’t BS. I said as he mentioned in his interview that he is friends with his previous team mates, but that he hates the management… which for me means that he hates the dragons because essentially the dragons club is the management….. the players are just figureheads essentially that are employed by the club to play for them and bring in the $$$.

- He left a message for Dragons fans, but none for Sharks fans. He has passion and love for Cronulla, eh?
I don’t think I said he has passion for the sharks (Maybe I did, but I don’t seriously recall). What I do remember highlighting though was that his skills will come in handy for the sharks and do replace Nutley to a reasonable extent, I couldn’t give a flying fuck whether he doesn’t ‘love’ us, as long as he plays to his potential….. which he is going to want to if he doesn’t wanna retire in PL.

In the future, please dont distort my previous posts by insinuating that I have been stating something else :)

EDIT:

That is ok Bookie, as a true aussie ppl should fogive others
Bullshit you are a true aussie and bullshit you are an aussie bogan. Neither of these stereotypes write with such clarity (despite the spelling mistake).

Last edited by a moderator:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Ummmm what he said does not back up you at all, please don’t BS. I said as he mentioned in his interview that he is friends with his previous team mates, but that he hates the management… which for me means that he hates the dragons because essentially the dragons club is the management….. the players are just figureheads essentially that are employed by the club to play for them and bring in the $$$.
Dude, tell me what this means:
DRAGONZ said:
MG: Will you always be a Dragon at heart?
LT: Yeah, I could never bag the red and white.

Are you seriously going to say that "the red and white" is not the Dragons?

Schoolies_2004 said:
I don’t think I said he has passion for the sharks (Maybe I did, but I don’t seriously recall). What I do remember highlighting though was that his skills will come in handy for the sharks and do replace Nutley to a reasonable extent, I couldn’t give a flying fuck whether he doesn’t ‘love’ us, as long as he plays to his potential….. which he is going to want to if he doesn’t wanna retire in PL.

In the future, please dont distort my previous posts by insinuating that I have been stating something else :)
I quote your post of 16 Feb 2006, 10.43am:
Schoolies_2004 said:
Nutleys 'heart' was replaced 10 fold by Thompson
Perhaps I have misinterpreted what 'heart' means .. I just assumed that you needed to have pride and love in the jersey you were playing for. But as I said, perhaps I am wrong.

I will attempt not to misconstrue your points in the future :)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
As well as that, I'm putting my neck on the line with the NEXT bit of information:

Matt Cooper will be re-signing with St George Illawarra Dragons for another three years.

Hope I'm right :)
Cooper Re-Signs With Dragons For 2 Years

I reckon that my heads up was good enough. I said three years, he signed for two.

Good enough to keep the 100% record :D

Jiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolies_2004Ummmm what he said does not back up you at all, please don’t BS. I said as he mentioned in his interview that he is friends with his previous team mates, but that he hates the management… which for me means that he hates the dragons because essentially the dragons club is the management….. the players are just figureheads essentially that are employed by the club to play for them and bring in the $$$.
Dude, tell me what this means:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONZMG: Will you always be a Dragon at heart?LT: Yeah, I could never bag the red and white.
Are you seriously going to say that "the red and white" is not the Dragons?

Well lets post the entire part of his reply for starters not just the bits you want to show….

“MG: Will you always be a Dragon at heart?
LT: Yeah, I could never bag the red and white. Deep down I’ve loved every player I’ve ever played with, and there’s not one player there that I dislike. In fact, the men who will take my place – Sims, Young and Creagh – are all exceptional human beings.”

Well it seems to me that when he says ‘red and white’ he is more referring to the players as he later mentions them in the very next sentence. Furthermore, he mentions in the interview how he dislikes the management with things like…..

“The thing that really pisses me off is the lack of respect they showed me”

“I just want them to know the truth and that I did nothing wrong to that club”

And now lets put it into context. From Thompsons point of view, as a player himself and as a person who dislikes dragons management, the dragons club is the players and the supporters (which he also makes reference to), and that’s why he says he would never bag the red and white which is him realistically saying he would never bag the players etc…. and this does make sense because he later commends the players who are taking his place and states how he does not dislike any of them!

HOWEVER, some may argue very well that a club realistically is made up primarily of management, like I stated in my previous post how players are merely figureheads and it is the management who controls 99% of the dealings that actually make the whole thing work! So YES I will continue to say he does not like the Dragons because from my point of view the ‘dragons’ consist primarily of management which Thompson and yourself freely admit he dislikes.

quote your post of 16 Feb 2006, 10.43am:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolies_2004Nutleys 'heart' was replaced 10 fold by Thompson
Perhaps I have misinterpreted what 'heart' means .. I just assumed that you needed to have pride and love in the jersey you were playing for. But as I said, perhaps I am wrong.
In that post above by me, I meant that Thompson had replaced Nutley in OTHER areas 10 fold, not in heart obviously…. I don’t know a player with more heart that Nutley!

As for pride and love, I really don’t know if Thompson has these things for Cronulla in light his last response in that interview, but like I said previously, I think he will still perform because unlike at the Dragons, he is a relative nothing at Cronulla and staff wont think twice about dropping him to PL if he plays like shit.

HSC
You're pretty bad at quoting.

Also, I do use Firefox (as well as Safari) but neither browser lets me see the updated NRL site...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)