• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
the WORST refereeing ever! sean hampstead is an absolute IDIOT!

i would of liek losing 2-1, thats ok especially after such a close game. but hampstead and his friggen whistle!!!!!

it was funny when all the players started to walk away and shake hands, and hes there going "the games not over" "come back", what an idiot....and dont get me started on the sideline ref!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Hey Greg.

Did you go to the game tonight? I was there, it was amazing, I am still cold and wet and have no voice, but it ended up being totally worth it (for me).

No team deserved to lose tonight, neither was better than the other. As the NRL site said, both teams were more concerned with not conceding rather than scoring, and this was something I pointed out to a couple of my mates at the ground after about 60 minutes.

Have no idea what really happened at the end of the match there with Jeremy Smith, I've read match reports already and now believe that he will be suspended for a loooooooong time.

Bad luck about the loss.

Next week will be a tough assignment indeed .. out to Penrith without any of our Origin players, as well as Barrett and Head. Which means Gasnier, Cooper, Bailey, Barrett, Head. Hopefully the return of Ryles, though.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
nah i wasnt at the game.

after smith "passed" the ball, hampstead ran by, and he gave him a bit of a shove...understandable, but yeh, the wrong thing to do.

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Anyway, here I was hoping that the Roosters would get up in the 80th minute, just to crush the Parramatta spirit and pave the way for a 50 point victory to us next week.
You didn't quite get those 50 points. ;)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
You didn't quite get those 50 points. ;)
Yeah, because Parramatta didn't lose last week. And that was a necessary requirement, read it again :p

brogan77 said:
Oh FFS, i was close:

Raiders 24-22 Rabbitohs
Rofl at Canberra's inadequacy at winning back-to-back games. They did it for the first time in 12 months, but .. by two points against Souths. Haha.

Now watch as Holmes-a-hyphen and Throw come out and tell us all that Souths tried hard and almost won, so they are clearly on the right track.

0-12, Souths. What a joke.

Knights have faded fast. If they don't reverse their form after the bye, they'll be lucky to make the Finals. Let's see how Joey's "I've been flat and can't wait for the bye" excuse works.

Sharks with their second bye already, which makes their ladder position a bit misleading, but they've been strong after about Round 4/5, interesting to see how they go in the Origin period, considering they have no representation as far as I can recall.

Bulldogs are still pretenders IMO, came up against a Knights side low on form and confidence tonight. Awesome that El Masri scored a hattrick, I've got him in my Sportal NRL Dream Team. They have a few tough matches over the Origin period, but the run into the Finals should show us where they really stand. Look at this for a tough draw:
Round 22 -- Cowboys AWAY
Round 23 -- Dragons HOME
Round 24 -- Broncos HOME
Round 25 -- Sea Eagles AWAY
Round 26 -- Panthers AWAY

So three matches in a row against teams widely tipped to be in the top four after Round 26, before playing Manly at Fortress Brookvale, and then Penrith who might (I emphasise 'might') be playing for a Finals' spot.

Melbourne are on fire at the moment, and look almost unbeatable at Olympic Park. That's 10 in a row. Inglis is a star, I also have him in Sportal Dream Team, happy about his double.

The Roosters are starting to get desperate now, if Manly win against Penrith this weekend, they'll be four points outside the eight. Starts getting tough from there.

Tigers vs Cowboys should be a good one tomorrow. I've tipped the Tigers but now think the Cowboys will win .. confusing. Thurston vs Prince looks to be a HUGE battle.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Bulldogs are still pretenders IMO, came up against a Knights side low on form and confidence tonight.
Are you freaking kidding me? Both teams got completely crushed last week and were on an absolute equal playing field (not to mention we had two back rowers playing as freaking centres and a fullback that's shorter than me on the bench). Sif the Knights didn't think they could beat us.

But they didn't. Haha.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Time will tell who's right.

But I still haven't seen anything this season which makes me think the Bulldogs are a big chance at winning the Premiership.

The teams who HAVE shown something over some part of the season are Storm, Cowboys, Knights and, very briefly, the Sea Eagles.

Broncos just keep winning the matches they are supposed to win; but that's the Broncos' way. They'll be there or thereabouts at the end of the season, just like every other season.

The saving grace for the Bulldogs is that they haven't shown much, but they are still at 8-4 for the season. It's an enviable position.

And also, for once they aren't the team in the media.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
But I still haven't seen anything this season which makes me think the Bulldogs are a big chance at winning the Premiership.

The teams who HAVE shown something over some part of the season are Storm, Cowboys, Knights and, very briefly, the Sea Eagles.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. The Bulldogs have no right to be placed in a league with the Storm and Broncos (who IMO are the only two teams that deserve to be talked up at the moment).

But I resent the fact that you're saying we only win games because the other teams were crap, that's all. I don't think we've been that bad (and this is coming from someone who is not afraid to admit they've been crap). Our only really BAD games this season have been against Manly, Brisbane and the Knights the first time around...so every week bar those we've just been lucky to win because every team was out of form? We've been playing well, just not consistently, like pretty much every team in the comp. So anyone can win it :D.

Halftime, Broncos lead Warriors 18-12.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Point taken, snickerdoodle.

Warriors 18 vs 23 Broncos

Tigers 24 vs 14 Cowboys

Panthers 22 vs 29 Sea Eagles

Ladder has Broncos and Storm on 20, Bulldogs on 18, and then Cowboys, Knights, Sea Eagles, Sharks, and Dragons all on 16. That rounds out the top eight at the halfway stage of the season.

In the bottom half: Tigers, Raiders (14); Roosters, Panthers (12); Eels (8); Warriors (6); Rabbitohs (2).

Round 14 Fixtures:

Sea Eagles vs W. Tigers -- Prince & Hodgson will be missing.
Panthers vs Dragons -- we've won 3 in a row, but Gasnier, Cooper, and Bailey will be out along with Barrett, Head, Sims.
Rabbitohs vs Broncos -- even a half-Broncos team can beat Souths
Cowboys vs Sharks -- Cowboys will be missing heaps; Sharks untouched and in-form. Cowboys in a slump, lost 5 of their last 6.
Roosters vs Warriors -- Roosters have to win to keep their season alive; but if the 'good' Warriors turn up, they have a real shot.
Eels vs Storm -- No Hindmarsh, Tahu, possibly Grothe; they could get flogged.
Bulldogs vs Raiders -- despite missing personnel, they should have an average side in Canberra covered.
Knights vs Bye -- Joey's flat, but they should pull through. Quit with the excuses, Channel 9.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Ahh, some more transfer talk ..

There was talk today in Rebecca Wilson's Sunday Telegraph column that Craig Wing said he would like to play for the Dragons next season provided he gets a starting spot.

However, Wing will still be at the Roosters next season.

Also, Reni Maitua's situation has altered a little; looks at this stage he'll be staying at the Dogs. Roosters, Dragons and Cowboys are interested, though.

Sharks hooker and hot prospect, Tony Caine, has his career in sever doubt after the injury he received courtesy of the Price charge down last week. It will be a long road to recovery for him as he has suffered major damage to his knee.

Best of luck to Caine in trying to make a recovery from the horrible incident ..

Shows why charge-downs really are a scary part of our game.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
god, that replay of tony caines knee. ouchfuck.

DRAGONZ said:
Round 14 Fixtures:

Sea Eagles vs W. Tigers -- Prince & Hodgson will be missing.
Panthers vs Dragons -- we've won 3 in a row, but Gasnier, Cooper, and Bailey will be out along with Barrett, Head, Sims.
Rabbitohs vs Broncos -- even a half-Broncos team can beat Souths
Cowboys vs Sharks -- Cowboys will be missing heaps; Sharks untouched and in-form. Cowboys in a slump, lost 5 of their last 6.
Roosters vs Warriors -- Roosters have to win to keep their season alive; but if the 'good' Warriors turn up, they have a real shot.
Eels vs Storm -- No Hindmarsh, Tahu, possibly Grothe; they could get flogged.
Bulldogs vs Raiders -- despite missing personnel, they should have an average side in Canberra covered.
Knights vs Bye -- Joey's flat, but they should pull through. Quit with the excuses, Channel 9.
Eagles v Tigpies - manly will be missing quite a few personnel too, but no Hodgo is a big loss
panthers v stains - no head, no win.
souths v broncos - origin players out. peach was sparkling on saturday, he might get a 2 point victory here for them.
cows v sharks - im hoping the sharks here (duh), but cowboys shit form, no origin players and a full strength sharks side minus dykes and ross looks good. just depends on how many intercepts noddy throws this week.
rorts v warriors - roosters are shit.
eels v storm - lol.
bulldogs v raiders - bulldogs are still a hard outfit and beat the sharks on goals the other week (even though we had no kimmroley or dykes), but canberra look decent, and although most of their wins have been at home, they can pull this one off on the road.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Bookie said:
bulldogs are still a hard outfit and beat the sharks on goals the other week (even though we had no kimmroley or dykes)
Bah? You had Kimmorley, we had no Mason, Ryan, O'Meley or Myles (i.e forward pack).

Rd 14: Eagles
Panthers
Souths
Sharks
Warriors
Storm
Dogs

I got my first 7/7 this round. Shhhweet.

I love you more Brogan :eek:.

P.s - Rebecca Wilson is a mole.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
snickerdoodle said:
Bah? You had Kimmorley, we had no Mason, Ryan, O'Meley or Myles (i.e forward pack).
Whoops I meant we had Kimmorley.

And that week was shit, in addition to having Kimmorley, we had no;

Vagana, Dykes, Ross, Thompson

which I beleive is more valuable than Mason, O'Meley, Ryan and Myles.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie said:
Whoops I meant we had Kimmorley.

And that week was shit, in addition to having Kimmorley, we had no;

Vagana, Dykes, Ross, Thompson

which I beleive is more valuable than Mason, O'Meley, Ryan and Myles.
This week we won't have Bailey, Gasnier, Cooper, Barrett, Head, Naiqama, Sims, and possibly Ryles, who still hasn't completely recovered from his injury.

And yet we'll probably still be 'favourites' with the betting agencies against Penrith.

And if we lose, the media will say we underperformed.

Other teams have to learn to deal with it too.

Queensland State of Origin II team announced:

1. Karmichael HUNT Brisbane Broncos
2. Brent TATE Brisbane Broncos
3. Justin HODGES Brisbane Broncos
4. Steven BELL Manly Sea Eagles
5. Greg INGLIS Melbourne Storm
6. Darren LOCKYER (c) Brisbane Broncos
7. Johnathan THURSTON North Queensland Cowboys
8. Steven PRICE New Zealand Warriors
9. Cameron SMITH Melbourne Storm
10. Petero CIVONICEVA Brisbane Broncos
11. Tonie CARROLL Brisbane Broncos
12. Carl WEBB North Queensland Cowboys
13. Dallas JOHNSON Melbourne Storm

14. Shaun BERRIGAN Brisbane Broncos
15. Chris FLANNERY Sydney Roosters
16. Sam THAIDAY Brisbane Broncos
17. Nate MYLES Canterbury Bulldogs

8 x Broncos, 3 x Storm, 2 x Cowboys, 1 x Sea Eagles, 1 x Warriors, 1 x Roosters, 1 x Bulldogs

No Bowen, no Prince.

Berrigan and Flannery both on the bench, Queensland looking for versatility. Also, no out-and-out front-row forwards on the bench. Both Thaiday and Myles can play second-row.

They've bulked up in the second row.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
My sister wants to see a Dragon's game that's close by so it's this week's Panther's game or the early August match against the Eels. How much are tickets usually? Do I have to book? How and where?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)