NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
I'll be going there.

You won't find anything at Ticketek, because all tickets for games at Kogarah are sold by the Leagues Club only. You can buy them online at the Dragons site, by phone, or by going directly to St George Leagues Club. Which is on the opposite side of Princes Highway to the ground.

http://dragons.com.au/shop/oki_tickets.asp
Thanks mate

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/McKinnon-signs-with-Warriors/2006/07/04/1151778907508.html

McKinnon signs with Warriors

* Email
* Print
* Normal font
* Large font

July 4, 2006 - 9:44AM
AdvertisementAdvertisement

The New Zealand Warriors have signed Parramatta fullback Wade McKinnon on a three-year deal, the National Rugby League (NRL) club confirmed.

McKinnon, 25, replaces the in-form Brent Webb who leaves for English Super League club Leeds at the end of the season.

---

w00t!

martin88

HSC
N/A
decent replacement for Webb but i still think its crazy they let him go

hayne will probably be parramatta's fullback next year

HSC
<3 for Morley!!
Watch the first couple of minutes of the game, and you will feel the bitter-sweet love too.

Last edited:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
shortygb said:
what a suprising win, i expected us to lose yet again. And good on Johns for breaking the record, though it took him a while...
Unbelievably, you guys still have a shot at the eight.

1 Storm 30
2 Broncos 24
3 Dragons 24
4 Bulldogs 22
5 Sharks 22
6 Sea Eagles 20
7 Knights 20
8 Cowboys 18
9 Panthers 18
10 Raiders 18
11 Tigers 16
12 Eels 16
13 Warriors 14
14 Roosters 14
15 Rabbitohs 4

Panthers, Raiders, Eels, Warriors all still have a good shot, I think. Tigers are finished, Benji isn't playing.

Newcastle look like they are going to drop out of the top half very soon, and Cowboys look just as likely.

I think the current top six will all be there in September.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Helllllz yeah, 6/7 this week.

Was not expecting Parra to win. They completely smashed them...but they've gotta find a new kicker because when Riddell is off the field Morris is shithouse.

Go the Dogs :D. Hope Sherwin comes back next week.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
fucken, stupid Warriors argh we lost in a close one, extra time. If we play like this, we still have a shot at the 8. Those 4 points deducted would be handy right now -_-

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
YEAH TIGERS ARE GONE WITHOUT BENJI AY !

FUCK OFF

6 in a row against the sharks now

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
sando said:
YEAH TIGERS ARE GONE WITHOUT BENJI AY !

FUCK OFF

6 in a row against the sharks now
So then why does beating them without Marshall count, if they beat them all the time anyway?

I guess most supporters reckon their team can still make the Finals or win the Premiership. And there isn't anything wrong with that.

But you guys are gone without Benji. Feel free to quote me if the Tigers end up winning the Premiership again this season, and I'll say sorry.

Dragons are still shit. Warriors beat Souths by two million, and we struggled to win by ten. They'll probably get cleaned up on Friday by Canterbury.

The only good thing about this is that Barrett, Bailey, Best, Wicks, Sims, and Timmins are all coming back in the next two or three weeks, I think.

That should hopefully get the Dragons out of the shit they're in at the moment.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
Johns = biggest sook ever
Agreed.

Melbourne ftw.

And we are yet to get back Greg Inglis and Michael Croker.

Will be Top 4. To all those out there that are expecting Melbourne to crumble towards the end of the season, well........we have 8 games remaining before the finals, we shall see. :)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Agreed.

Melbourne ftw.

And we are yet to get back Greg Inglis and Michael Croker.

Will be Top 4. To all those out there that are expecting Melbourne to crumble towards the end of the season, well........we have 8 games remaining before the finals, we shall see. :)
Don't think anybody is expecting that.

Melbourne should stroll through to win the Minor Premiership.

What people are expecting is that Melbourne will crumble in the Finals, because many think it will be too hard for the Storm to win two huge matches against strong opposition in Sydney.

Melbourne will definitely hope that they don't meet the Bulldogs during the Finals, because I don't think they've ever come within about 20 points of the Dogs during September.

Broncos still have heaps of players to get back, I think.

Dragons still have Luke Bailey, Trent Barrett, Colin Best, Wes Naiqama, Ashton Sims, Shaun Timmins, Danny Wicks, and Dean Young still to come back in time for the Finals.

Dunno about any other team's injuries .. perhaps other contenders have players out too.

ledzeppelin

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Melbourne will definitely hope that they don't meet the Bulldogs during the Finals, because I don't think they've ever come within about 20 points of the Dogs during September.
they had the choker orford then though

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Don't think anybody is expecting that.

Melbourne should stroll through to win the Minor Premiership.

What people are expecting is that Melbourne will crumble in the Finals, because many think it will be too hard for the Storm to win two huge matches against strong opposition in Sydney.

Broncos still have heaps of players to get back, I think.

Dragons still have Luke Bailey, Trent Barrett, Colin Best, Wes Naiqama, Ashton Sims, Shaun Timmins, Danny Wicks, and Dean Young still to come back in time for the Finals.

Dunno about any other team's injuries .. perhaps other contenders have players out too.
Yeah, no doubt that when finals come around, anyone in the top 8 is in with a chance. Bulldogs are looking red hot at the moment, especially with Ben Roberts and Nate Myles doing what they are doing. AND, theres always Sonny Bill to add into that. Without predicting too much at this point in time (finals a re still a way off and injuries happen), I think that if both teams are at full strength and they meet in the finals (which im predicting they will) then I think we are in for a close match.

As for the "two matches against strong opposition", again I dont think we should be pre-empting anything just yet. Storm are 4 points clear on the top for a reason. A few other teams are finding form, and I think Melbourne has dropped a bit in recent weeks, and its been their defence which has held them to the wins, but definately we havent seen the high scoring wins which Melbourne has known of past. Watch this space when we get Slater back into good form (which he has gone some way to show last week) and Greg Inglis joins back in the starting side.

Granted, head-to-head, the Bulldogs have more wins against the Storm in the finals over the years, although the Bulldogs sides of past are a lot different to the current side.

Broncos have Casey McGuire, Karmichael Hunt, Tame Tupou, Justin Hodges (to name the big names) and a few others coming back from either suspension or injury, so there is some potential for Broncos to improve through these guys when they are back in the squad.

Ashton sims and Shaun Timmins will add to the Dragons hopes, although the Dragons are notorious for somewhat "choking" in the finals and bowing out prematurely, and no doubt come finals time, that will be playing on their minds.

Before last weekends result, I thought the Knights would have needed consideration although getting thrashed by the Eels would be a huge dent to the team mentally, and something about Newcastle suggests they wont be a factor in the 2006 final series.

Even so, the finals are still a good 8 weeks away, so anything can happen between now and then.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I actually think the Dogs side of 2006 is even stronger than 2004 (barring Steve Price of course). Ben Roberts will not play a final this year unless Brent Sherwin gets injured. I think he's better at hooker, Steve Folkes should definitely consider him coming off the bench for Corey Hughes in the future.

We've got Utai, Perry and Armit still coming back from suspension/injury. Obviously, missing Utai on the wing is the biggest loss. Sherwin and Hickey come back on Friday:

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Andrew Emelio
4. Willie Tonga
5. Cameron Phelps
6. Daniel Holdsworth
7. Brent Sherwin
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Tony Grimaldi
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Willie Mason
12. Andrew Ryan (c)
13. Reni Maitua

Interchange:
14. Sonny Bill Williams
15. Corey Hughes
16. Nate Myles
17. Jarrad Hickey

I got my tickets for Friday today :D. I'm so psyched. Hope the boys come out firing.

DRAGONZ, Colin Best, Luke Bailey and Danny Wicks were named in this weeks team. Isn't Naiqama out for the season?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)