NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Winger Bott makes NRL switch to Sharks

Young winger Leon Bott will play out the remainder of the NRL season with Cronulla after being released by Brisbane.

---

Whats the concensus Shark's fans? Good buy?

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Bott wouldve been good when Simmonms was hated.

unfortnately the back three are on fire.

unless Covell gets shifted to the centres.

Albert, Simmons, Bott. Speed machines.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bott is indeed super-super-speedy.

His ball-handling and positional play (especially in defence) leave a fair bit to be desired, though.

There aren't too many clubs who would knock him back, though.

He's been very out-of-form this season .. perhaps (and most probably) it's second season blues.

Overall, a pretty good pickup.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
great win by the Baby Broncos today!!! glad we didnt need to rely on Parker's kicking to win the game though

on Bott, dont think we will miss me too much but its a shame he decided to go

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Thats amazingly shit, Cronulla. The Broncos on origin week and we fucked up. Even Souths didnt manage that. Well done toowoomba.

It sucks becuase even though its likely that Cronulla would slump, there was no need to start now, seeng as our next three games are televised. And we'll lose them all. And Joe FTA Public will laugh at us. And we will slip out of the 8. Fucking hell.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Go the Warriors, 4 wins in a row. I dont think we have done that since our Grand Final year. It's funny, if we had our 4 points back we would be ahead of the Tigers, Cowboys, Panthers, Eagles and Raiders based on our positive for and against and sitting in 7th position.

Only the Doggies have scored more points than us out of the entire competition. Go the Warriors!

ledzeppelin

HSC
I've been cheering on the Warriors and Raiders lately in addition to the Chookies, given that the Roosters aren't providing me with much happiness
Good to see Rovelli going so well. Just proves what an idiot Stuart was, not even giving him ONE run in firsts last year.
Raiders and Sharks both played abysmally this round, resulting in me only scoring 2/6 in tipping

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Wtf, Utai sent off? Sure it goes on report but it came off the fucking ball.

In saying that Utai is a moron who seemed to forget that he only came off suspenision TODAY. Asshole...hopefully Cutler gets called up, he's a gun.

Managed to keep the Tigs scoreless til the 73rd minute with 12 men. Not bad. 22k turned up, unfortunately it wasn't a Dogs home game :(. Felt like it though.

Can I ask how the hell the Sharks lost?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
Good to see Rovelli going so well. Just proves what an idiot Stuart was, not even giving him ONE run in firsts last year.
We picked up Aiden Kirk as well from your Roosters. ( I think thats his name, but I dont know much about him)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
snickerdoodle said:
Can I ask how the hell the Sharks lost?
Because they are the sux0rz.

And they'll lose next week too:

Sharks vs Tigers -- PAST CLASHES

Tigers 42 - 16
Tigers 46 - 6
Tigers 34 - 18
Tigers 12 - 6

Rofl. If they do lose, though, it would be worse than an embarrassment. Because the Tigers are an embarrassment now.

ledzeppelin

HSC
copious said:
We picked up Aiden Kirk as well from your Roosters. ( I think thats his name, but I dont know much about him)
The reason he hasn't being playing this year in Minichiello's absence (besides Stuart's stupidity), is due to the second-tier salary cap I think.
Looks pretty good playing in reserve grade.
I reckon Cleary will give him a go next year from the start of the season.
I believe that in 2004, Kirk starting the year in SG Ball, but ended up finishing in the premiership winning Premier League team.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Tigers might be in shit form and will really struggle to make the top 8...

but i'm fair confident they will beat sharks..

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Roosters will struggle to make the Finals for the next two or three seasons, probably.

But they'll rebuild, and they'll be strong again.

Every club goes through it.

Except Brisbane so far .. but they are going to cop it soon as well, with lots of their old stars retiring and two other teams in Queensland who will now compete for talent. And Bennett will retire soon.

I don't think it will be too far off before Brisbane Broncos miss the Finals. Perhaps only three years away.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
Does anyone know the best way to get tix for the Dragons game on against the Bulldogs on the 14th at Kogarah?? I will most likely be in Syd for it so wouldnt mind going back there to see a game. There doesn't seem to be anything on the Ticketek site so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Cpt obvious

HSC
Eels may come good if we can beat the knights Tim Smith has played poorly since if he first played Andrew Johns if he can play well and against Johns I think our form will change and Sharks to smash the tigers by 20 points. they got nothing without Benji.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8REcXj7rQYA&search=rugby league

That's for any Souths fans. Or any Roosters fans who want to relive their 17-16 loss to the Rabbits last year .. it's actually a nice little movie, with Coldplay's awesome song, Fix You.

sweet_as said:
Does anyone know the best way to get tix for the Dragons game on against the Bulldogs on the 14th at Kogarah?? I will most likely be in Syd for it so wouldnt mind going back there to see a game. There doesn't seem to be anything on the Ticketek site so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I'll be going there.

You won't find anything at Ticketek, because all tickets for games at Kogarah are sold by the Leagues Club only. You can buy them online at the Dragons site, by phone, or by going directly to St George Leagues Club. Which is on the opposite side of Princes Highway to the ground.

http://dragons.com.au/shop/oki_tickets.asp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)