NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

sideshowtim

HSC
That wasn't worth 7 weeks, if he hadn't concussed him the ref would've just chucked him on report and he would've got 2 weeks at the most.

Cpt obvious

HSC
The shot was high but kite was quite low and i think he was lowering even more due to the tackle around the legs

sideshowtim

HSC
It looked worse because of the lower tackler, yes. Kite seemed to be okay after a couple of minutes though, Fui's bad record in the past wouldn't have helped him.

Cpt obvious

HSC
Eels vs dragons it going to be good hopefully like the last one just with an eels result

sideshowtim

HSC
You should be right, not many games sell out these days but it should be a cracker. Dragons showed some great form last week, even though they went down to the Storm although Gasnier is out so I think that's going to have a major impact on the game. I'm tipping the Eels to make it 7 straight. They are playing magnificently at the right time of the year and are real darkhorses for the title.

Cpt obvious

HSC
If we make the 8 we can make the semi's but not the grandfinal the eels lose their nerve in the semi's every time

sideshowtim

HSC
New coach, new players, new attitude. Let me tell you now, the Eels are on a high and while they have alot of new kids in their team they also have alot of guys with finals experience like Hindmarsh and Ridell. Parramatta still have the 'chokers' tag, although this season is a perfect time to turn it around. I think they can make the Grand Final, they are playing better football than every other single team in the league at the moment besides Melbourne, who, if they continue playing like this, will definitely win it this year.

sideshowtim

HSC
Yes, but it's very possible, and if the Eels play well they can even make the Top 4. The idea that teams outside the Top 4 don't get the week off can be a blessing for the team, that week off is a killer sometimes and the lack of match play can catch up to players. I enjoy seeing the Eels do well, even though I don't support them. Hayne is certainly a superstar of the future.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
sideshowtim said:
I think they can make the Grand Final, the Eels are playing better football than every other single team in the league at the moment besides Melbourne, who, if they continue playing like this, will definitely win it this year.
I think that the Bulldogs would have something to say about this. The 'Dogs certainly look like they are building uo to something and are now equal favourite with Melbourne to win the premiership.

sideshowtim

HSC
The Dogs have some serious weaknesess. They will nearly always be outdone by a side who is willing to chance their arm, like the Storm, because the Bulldogs play such a simple brand of footy. Eels and Storm play a bit more flamboyantly, sometimes this can pay off big time. Bulldogs have been playing very well lately, but they haven't done anything that has made me say "wow" like the Eels and Storm have. Dogs are big premiership chances, but I just can't go past the Storm right now.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
sideshowtim said:
The Dogs have some serious weaknesess. They will nearly always be outdone by a side who is willing to chance their arm, like the Storm, because the Bulldogs play such a simple brand of footy. Eels and Storm play a bit more flamboyantly, sometimes this can pay off big time.
I will admit that the Bulldogs may not be the most flamboyant side in the NRL...but I have to disagree with your comment that they have serious weaknesses and that they will nearly always be outdone by a side who is willing to chance their arm.

The Bulldogs have scored more points than every other side in the NRL (except Newcastle), regardless of our style of play. With a forward pack that boasts players like Mason, O'meley, Sonny Bill-Williams, Andrew Ryan, Roy Asotasi, Nate Myles, etc...we in fact have a serious strength. These guys are so effective at their respective jobs that they simply do not allow opposing sides to 'chance their arm'. Through their work we have clearly shown this season that we are most certainly not 'nearly always outdone by sides willing to chance their arm'....and I believe that such a brutally talented forward pack will pave the way towards another premiership title in '06.

Some people claim that the Bulldogs' powerful forward pack hides weaknesses that they have in their backline. I agree that our backline is not the most potent in the league, but the other sides can write off a backline consisting of quality players like Utai, Patten, Tonga and El Mazri at their peril. El Magic alone is capable of scoring enough points to win us the title this year.

2006 is the Year of the Dogs!!!

till02

HSC
Any good old North Sydney Bears supporters??? They were the good old days.

Bears forever, eagle never!!

sideshowtim

HSC
I won't disagree with you that the Bulldogs have a strong pack, it is one of the strongest NRL packs I think I've ever seen. Enormous strength there, but I am one of those people who thinks they have a weakness in the backs, and I don't think their halves combination is amazing either. When Sherwin was out a while back Holdsworth was very vulnerable.

And yep, I used to be a supporter of the mighty Bears until they merged with the team that all Norths fans hated, Manly. After that, I started supporting the Roosters. Not going too great this year though :(. Had so many legends in that Bears team of the 90's -- Taylor, Dallas, Florimo, Farleigh, Seers! All guns!

And I don't think the Broncos "rock", the only thing they seem to be rocking at the moment is the Queensland nightclub scene and causing problems there. The Broncos are going through their usual strong middle of the season/weak end of the season patch again. They always play this way around the lead up to finals and it ultimately leads to their demise early in the finals series. Pick up your game, Broncs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)