NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

lengy

HSC
One thing I hate about summer is having only tennis and cricket on. It MAKES me want to leave the country or get a job just to pass the excessive boredom.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
How great are the Broncos? No form slump this year! Hopefully they will go all the way and send Webcke off in a way that befits the legend he is! And, just as an aside, how damn fine is Hodges, Hunt and Lockyer. Wow, hot and excellant footy players!

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
There was a form slump, they just unslumped at the right time.

On the Dogs' form, we have just been absolutely terrible. Hopefully fianls footy will change this. It's been an abysmal season, nothing like 2004...I'm getting sick of Dogs fans saying we'll definitely win the gf. The way we're playing, we'll probably get knocked out in the second week of the finals. I can't believe they're so blind to the fact that the team barely ever kicks into second gear.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
Storm, in Melbourne...oh joy.

At least we got in the 8, considering we were near the bottom a few weeks ago.

no more footy soon! :( i hate summer, nothing but mostly cricket, and tennis isnt as good as footy.

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
even though im a parramatta fan, i dont really fancy our chances of beating the storm
we're out of form and were missing so many players, that if we do win, it would be a miracle

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
ledzeppelin said:
What a fitting way for Finch to end his Roosters career - missing a tackle that led to a try
Finch is fucked
Sucked in Parramatta
Roosters - abysmal
Stuart gave Tonga a chance for once, and look what he did. Something like 150 metres, no knock-ons. Good work Ricky, good riddance too
AND he knocked on which led to another try, and he gave away a penalty that led to another try. (Or im PRETTY CERTAIN HE DID). What a n00b.

BUT HOW AWESOME WAS CROSSY. The moment we started he was charging <33333. I knew we couldnt keep the defence strong though. We always always stuff it up in the second half. always. FUCK YOU FINCH.

Jhakka said:
Kim, Ashton...
Group Huggggg :(

bobeto1989

HSC
Re: NRL Thread

Suney_J said:
I gotta say the spoon is heading south to Melbourne

lmfao we won the minor premiership. i would hate to be you in a tipping comp. you would so suck

lengy

HSC

You waited all this time to make your first comment?

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
even though im a parramatta fan, i dont really fancy our chances of beating the storm
we're out of form and were missing so many players, that if we do win, it would be a miracle
oh for sure we are going to lose (sadly), minor premiers, in melbourne (i think its like 2 loses at home for them) and we are on a 2 games losing streak...oh and the whole choking thing (as usual) :(

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A

bobeto1989 said:
lmfao we won the minor premiership. i would hate to be you in a tipping comp. you would so suck
Um. Suney J is a pretty awesome guy, what makes him suck is that he's a bulldogs supporter.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
shortygb said:
oh for sure we are going to lose (sadly), minor premiers, in melbourne (i think its like 2 loses at home for them) and we are on a 2 games losing streak...oh and the whole choking thing (as usual) :(
i dont tink storm will be priermiers ... and storm have nothin to lose in this match and that could work against them..

they may even allow parra to win - u never know.. some tactics can come into it.

Bulldogs i think with Hazem (just brillaint against Panthers) will be the most likely to be the major premiers - all round solid team. Broncos have no chance, storm -maybe,

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Hazem was brilliant at kicking on Sunday but not much else. He kept coming up and in and letting the Panthers winger get on the outside of him...he's slightly ageing so I don't know how he expected to keep up.

Reni Maitua is injured. How great. Gbyyyyye premiership.

HSC
Hazem was on fire against the Panthers. I mean its hard enough to convert from the sideline anyway (not for him though...) but with the wind as well!

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
The Broncos could kick any teams ass at the moment.
Actually, I only hope they can. They are up against the Dragons, who is their hoodoo team (is that the right word?). They lost to them twice this year, but I'm hoping Hodges can pull another miracle out of his ass and that they flog them on Saturday.
However, in their current form I really think that the Broncos only threats are the Dragons and maybe Storm...
I'm abit pissed that Bennett has kept Hunt on the wing. Hodges has been great in fullback, but so is Hunt. Plus Hodges is equally great in the centres. And Darius Boyd really really really sucks. Tame Tupou should be number 2.

ledzeppelin

HSC
*Ninny-mole* said:
The Broncos could kick any teams ass at the moment.
Actually, I only hope they can. They are up against the Dragons, who is their hoodoo team (is that the right word?). They lost to them twice this year, but I'm hoping Hodges can pull another miracle out of his ass and that they flog them on Saturday.
However, in their current form I really think that the Broncos only threats are the Dragons and maybe Storm...
I'm abit pissed that Bennett has kept Hunt on the wing. Hodges has been great in fullback, but so is Hunt. Plus Hodges is equally great in the centres. And Darius Boyd really really really sucks. Tame Tupou should be number 2.
Well, the Storm beat them only 3 weeks ago, so that blows your theory out of the water
Hunt's a shit fullback. Hodges and Lockyer both are far better.
Dragons are rubbish
They'll be knocked out this week

otay

HSC
Parra will give Storm a good run. But with a lack of forwards they will struggle. Oh and then there's Smith and Inglis to worry about. Good luck. (Fuck Inglis is GUN)

Bulldogs will lose. Sherwin is rubbish. Willie will need to play huge and Hazem have his kicking boots on (like he ever has them off). General Patton though is playing out of his skin. Canberra look ok, but I think every team will be scared to play em. Shiffas playing like a machine. I dunno, y not go for the upset.

Knights Sea Eagles. Jeez. I gotta say Knights. Sea Eagles, I dunno Orford is quality and Kennedy workhorse like but....Knights are on a roll, and with Joey rested and fit and promising not to chuck a hissy, I'd go Knights.

Now most interesting game. Broncos v Dragons. 2 teams who a few weeks ago looked like they would barely limp into the top 8, both have come in off a few wins. Dragons much less convincing, but with Gaz they are always difficult to beat. He's so gun, just give him the ball for fucks sake (I hate the dragons though so maybe dont). I gotta say though Broncos look damn good. Great forwards, Lockyer, Hunt playing well. Hodges doin awesome. Having said that, they seem to lack creativity a lot of the time. Dragons for shock win. Leaving Parra and Manly goooonski and Storm and Knights for a week off.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
Well, the Storm beat them only 3 weeks ago, so that blows your theory out of the water
Hunt's a shit fullback. Hodges and Lockyer both are far better.
Dragons are rubbish
They'll be knocked out this week
Not exactly, my theory is still correct... the storm game was the turnaround from when they were getting flogged to when they started getting back to normal again. They were up 10-nil at halftime and only lost 16-12 (I think that's right) the Storm who hadn't lost in a million rounds (exaggerated...). The next week they came out and whipped bulldogs 30-nil (I was there, it was awesome). Since then, in 3 rounds, they have only conceded 18 points, while scoring 89. That's pretty damn good. And don't forget, the Broncos have every few injuries at the moment (I think only Lacey and Ennis now) which is great.
Hunt isn't shit at fullback. He made both the Australian and QLD teams in the number 1 jersey, and the Broncos won 9 of 11 games with him at fullback. He isn't as effective on the wing and needs to go to fullback and get the ball more. Hodges should be a centre, Stagg should go to the bench, Boyd should be dropped and Tupou brought into replace him. Ah, wouldn't that be nice...
But yes, you are right, Dragons are rubbish. I reckon that them and Parramatta will be knocked out this week. I also think that the Raiders and Knights will lose as well.

davo_

good kid
HSC
*Ninny-mole* said:
Not exactly, my theory is still correct... the storm game was the turnaround from when they were getting flogged to when they started getting back to normal again. They were up 10-nil at halftime and only lost 16-12 (I think that's right) the Storm who hadn't lost in a million rounds (exaggerated...). The next week they came out and whipped bulldogs 30-nil (I was there, it was awesome). Since then, in 3 rounds, they have only conceded 18 points, while scoring 89. That's pretty damn good. And don't forget, the Broncos have every few injuries at the moment (I think only Lacey and Ennis now) which is great.
Hunt isn't shit at fullback. He made both the Australian and QLD teams in the number 1 jersey, and the Broncos won 9 of 11 games with him at fullback. He isn't as effective on the wing and needs to go to fullback and get the ball more. Hodges should be a centre, Stagg should go to the bench, Boyd should be dropped and Tupou brought into replace him. Ah, wouldn't that be nice...
But yes, you are right, Dragons are rubbish. I reckon that them and Parramatta will be knocked out this week. I also think that the Raiders and Knights will lose as well.
Brisbane is thinking of moving Hunt into the halves and leaving Hodges at fullback as he has been carving up there. I think this would be a better move - well depending on how well Hunt goes in the halves - this way it could also solve Brisbane's halfback problem. However I don't believe they'll experiment with this until next year.
And it doesn't make sense for you to say the Eels and the Dragons will get knocked out and yet the Raiders will lose. Just quietly though I think the Raiders may upset the Doggies this week anyway

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
davo_ said:
And it doesn't make sense for you to say the Eels and the Dragons will get knocked out and yet the Raiders will lose. Just quietly though I think the Raiders may upset the Doggies this week anyway
Whoops, my bad...forgot Raiders were lower than Dragons. Hunt in the halves would be okay, but Shane Perry was excellant with Lockyer against the Warriors. They really worked well together. I don't really care if Hunt isn't fullback (okay, not entirely true), just as long as he is with the Broncos, on the field, and kicking ass with Hodges. When Hodges, Hunt, Lockyer and Tupou work together, the Broncos really rock. I have also noticed that Hunt and Hodges, being the geniuses they are, take pressure off Lockyer, and hence, the creativity in their attack has increased. I just hope they don't lose by too much this weekend...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)